[ORP] Argenth's Camp

Moderator: Community Team

Faranni

Re: [ORP] Argenth's Camp

Post by Faranni »

Smiling she pretends not to notice the familiar figure in the distance and turns back her full attention to Argenth.
"Can you believe we met only a year ago? A lot can happen in a year. Before that I hadn't talked so much as seen another creature, except the elder trees, in the forest for over two centuries. Remember how afraid I was when I met Balerion, how unsure I was about everyone? Things sure has changed. And in most parts it's thanks to you. Thank you"

She sat up and pulled her legs up resting her chin against them. "Makes you wonder how different thing could be by next year. I for one wouldn't change a thing...well maybe finishing my house...I don't want to impose on lady Nikola any more then necessary." she paused for a moment.
A flock of seagulls flew around in the distance, they seemed to have found what they were looking for as each dipped down towards the waters and flyed off towards the forest surrounding the town on the other side. Faranni followed them as they disappeared."When it's finished...maybe you could stay with me?...for a while...if you'd wanted." She smiled thinking what the future might have in store for them. "And Merek can come too...if he wants...there should be enough room."
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

Offering her a warm smile as he listened, still resting on the ground. Remembering as his mind went through the past year. The year having been possibly the first time in a few centuries he had not always been on the move, he had spend exploring many different world and planes of existance. Having always had to always travel the roads to the point were having to camp in the wilderness, and only being able to stay in populated areas for a short time to gather knowledge, information and supplies, before being forced to move on by the town's people only seeing him as a monster or demon, or a unholy creation. His presence often always came with great calamity following shortly after him.
This strange peace and ability to move more freely was a welcome addition, now the only things left trying to restrict him, was his self-proclaimed guardian.

"You would often say, I was a safe-heaven to you, and seeked to be close when uncertainty or fear would strike you. I am still uncertain what this mean, though with your teachings I have come to better understand the theory behind what it means. I am thankfull for your teachings too."
He had moved a bit to lie on the side, placing a hand to support his head to watch her posing, curling up infront of him. Following her gaze when she paused to see what had interrupted her, and cought her attention.
"Living in a set location is rather unfamiliar to me, but you have come and stayed in my camp from time to time this past year, I would not possibly decline an invitation from you to try a different surrounding. But do we have to bring Merek too...?" Knowing very well that even if he was told to stay away, he would not allow him to be without supervision.
|-| Banner by Faranni |-| "We are all the heroes of our own stories... Just sometimes, we forget that others have their own stories as well."
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

Time passed

At the lake side near Argenth's camp.
He wasn't sure how long it had been since she had disappered. One day she stopped showing up at his camp. He never saw her in the taverns again and the house he and others had helped build for her, stood quiet and untouched with no sign of life or that it had been inhabited for a long time.
In terms of his long life spand, their meeting could hardly be even considered a brief moment, maybe not even more than a sudden afterthought, yet it was strange to him how it was as like the time they had spend together since their mutual agreement had lasted so much longer. There was still so much more he wanted to learn from her.
Argenth sat watching the water at their usual spot, alone again, as he had been for as long as he could remember. It didn't bother him the way many might think. He did not feel sadness or loss. He felt the same emptiness he had always felt, lost, something was still missing. He had hoped he could find some of what he was seeking in her. She wore her feelings so visible and exposed, that it was almost like he could reach out and touch them. She had fascinated him and his curiousity had found him drawn to her. He turned his emeral green eyes to his cane infront of him, reaching out a hand at the red orb encrusted in it's handle, it stopped before the surface activating the orb that bursted into flames. His eyes lid up as magical energies burned rapidly from his eyes, he drew the flames into his hand shaping the fire into ball of burning inferno before it slowly took the shape of an elven female that started to swirl around in a gleeful dance on his palm as he absentmindedly studied her. He had not come much close to understanding the mortal soul or it's emotions and now he was alone again.
|-| Banner by Faranni |-| "We are all the heroes of our own stories... Just sometimes, we forget that others have their own stories as well."
Merek

Post by Merek »

Merek stood at the edge of the camp on the hill some distance from the lake side, observing his ward. “Are we sure it was the right thing?” He asked into the air, before looking to one side. A small dog, not much more than a puppy sat motionless next to his feet looking in the same direction. He turned his head to the otherside, staring at what seemed to be nothing, but thin air though as if something was still there unseen by the naked mortal eye. His hands closed into fists. “I have little interest in what major schemes are unfolding or in the making, I can’t keep standing like this, watching this, shell…" He paused for a moment as if abruptly interrupted. “I know I am overstepping my boundaries...!” His eyes narrowed as if angered. “I remember the agreement.” Overwhelmed by a feeling of powerlessness the knight turned and hurriedly marched away.