[Annual Yuletide Game] Attack The King (With Snowballs)

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Nikola

Re: [Annual Yuletide Game] Attack The King (With Snowballs)

Post by Nikola »

Nikola did not want to miss the last day of the festivities so when she saw the King heading across the courtyard to his apartments, presumably to change out of his obviously soaked clothing, she smiled and let fly a barrage of snowballs.
► Show Spoiler
She thought she might have seen the crown shift a little, but it was hard to tell for sure under all that snow! Smiling brightly at the guards who stood by and allowed the snow barrage, she began dusting off Zuan's clothes. "I hope that crown is loose now...erm, still attached, rather, Your Majesty," she chuckled.
Lavinia

Post by Lavinia »

Lavinia took a break from the snowball fight, biding her time until the very last day. She wanted to do a prank of sorts that would be fitting for the grand finale. And so she decided to test whether the King's crown had some unknown magic to it that prevented snowballs from knocking it off his head. Not to mention that she was curious about how the crown would look on her head. Her icy arsenal was truly magnificent, counting in hundreds and hundreds of snowballs.

Lavinia noticed Nikola bombarding the King then helping him dust the snow off his clothes. After a while the King, accompanied by a few of his guard, went inside the Castle and she followed slowly after them. They wound up around many corridors until the party reached, what she presumed, the Royal chamber. Quickly she turned herself invisible with a spell and quietly walked behind the King inside his chamber. The guards were oblivious to her being there, she noticed when the King turned around to close the heavy doors. She moved to a corner of the room and looked around. It wasn't long before the King took off his crown and laid it on a table. He rubbed his temples and went to look out the window. Now was her chance.

She couldn't summon the crown to her, it would reveal and identify her. Instead Lavinia walked carefully towards the table, grabbed the crown and placed it on her head, making it invisible along with the rest of her. It was a little large for her and she could probably use a spell to make it fit perfectly. Now where do I find a mirror, she thought feeling the crown shrink around her head.

Suddenly the King turned around and blinked several times as he looked at the table. She would have giggled but restrained herself else he would certainly hear her. He paced up and down the room, looking around with confusion clear on his face. Lavinia retreated to a corner again and waited for the King to leave his chamber. It wasn't a long wait, Zuan hurried outside and commanded his guards to look for the crown. The guards looked just as confused at their orders but said nothing and went to do as they were told, leaving the King alone to walk back to the courtyard. She imagined him pacing up and down the courtyard, hoping he'd be all by himself.

Lavinia walked out the chamber and quietly approached the courtyard. Thankfully Zuan really was alone. She crouched down behind a wall and once in place, she summoned the hundreds of snowballs that began their attack on Zuan. There were hundreds upon hundreds of them, she rose at one point just to see but everything was so white. When the attack ended she got up and walked to where the King crouched down, hoping probably to avoid most of the projectiles.

"Good day Your Majesty," she said quietly in greeting as she slowly became visible again with the crown still upon her head. The King rose to his feet and looked at her, first still confused but quickly his tell tale smirk made its appearance. "I hope you won't throw me in a dungeon for this and that you'll think of my prank with fond memories in the future", Lavinia said then added. "I simply wished to test whether the crown," taking it off the crown expanded back to its previous size, "for any magic that would explain the difficulty in knocking it off." She handed the crown back and smiled warmly. "I hope it looked good on me," she said cheerfully and laughed hoping to ease the tension and avoid punishment. Slowly she moved her hands inside the pockets of her cloak. It really was a cold day.

► Show Spoiler
Deacon of Fenia City | Blackwood Family | Lady of Ravencrest Manor | Artwork by Zehara
Petunia

Post by Petunia »

As the season of Yule ended, the snow storms began to grow weaker, at least in the capital. This meant that the snowball bombardment of the King lessened and then stopped completely, which was just as well because if it had continued, he would have been more in danger of a thorough soaking with wet slush than a gentle powdering of soft, white snow.

But it was over, and now he was able to relax, knowing that there would be no more assaults on his person or his crown. Should any creature be so ill-advised as to try, they would risk his wrath and retribution, for it was once more illegal to throw snow at him - at least for this year.

Contest Winners:
First place, receiving 1000 freznics - Lavinia
Second place, receiving 500 freznics - Ella
Third place, receiving 250 freznics - Nikola

Congratulations to all three winners!