Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Wyllow

Re: Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Post by Wyllow »

The fog of sleep lifted as his lips left hers. She then smiled, eyes closed as she was tickled. She let a groan out in protest of getting actually up, but his voice filtered in and her eyes fluttered open to look up at him. Mmm. sounds delicious. Sitting up she looked at the breakfast before them. It looked so good. Sailing suits you.. She noticed how spry he looked, completely awake. Before you leave this room, I must do something about that hair of yours. She smiled, knowing she had been neglectful.

As they ate, she spoke about the day before fondly. It seemed as if they were relearning how much they enjoyed each others company. They could talk and just chatter about anything, easily. She could tell by the movement of the ship that they were already moving on. Slipping from the bed finally, pouring another cup of tea for them both. Another? She asked, her own hair hanging loose over her shoulder, dressed in a night dress, she was sure she looked a fright. Now that I am up... she took her brush out of the drawer near her side of the bed and settled behind him cross-legged. She took down his hair and started gently at the bottom, working her way up.

She enjoyed the feel of his hair in her hands. This ship is amazing. I can't believe we are on it, still. How long did it take to plan? She asked, as her hands deftly worked brining his hair back and into a neat tight braid to fall at his back. She secured it with one of her ribbons. She hugged the back of him before getting up.

Listening to him, she then got herself dressed for the day. The adventures they'd had so far was nothing in comparison to the time they were sharing currently together, and she could not wait for what else would come.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv was happy to have Wyl work on his hair. He had missed that closeness and the tender nature of her hands. He was happy to have her work her magic. Just sitting here reconnecting was truly amazing. As she worked on his hair Tuv relayed events of the last year.

"It was a long process in a way my love. I had been wanting to try to build something like this for a bit. I love the little sailboat skiff we have, but I felt challenged to do more. I put it on the back burner when I found out we were expecting a child and you wanted to do a spiritual retreat. My focus was on you and our coming child. When the monks informed me that you had gone into a limbo status and may never return to the world of the living, I was devastated. I needed something to distract me. I tried politics and working in the army and the temple. Other than a few times when Uncle Lizard breath came in, it felt like I was just going through the motions. I wanted to lose my self in a numbness. I started work on the Aerandir around that time. Probably 6 months ago. I just wanted to complete it and set sail and get lost in the waters with no real civilization around me. The ship was completed about a month ago and a crew was gathered. I then approached the Council to see about maybe using the Aerandir to be a Council naval vessel and to patrol the waters of Bravia. I never fully heard back from them. So I talked with Jim and he polled the crew and we decided to set sail and just wander about and explore. That was two days before you returned to the world of the living. We delayed the start of the exploration so that I could spend time with you and see if you wanted to join. And here we are today."

He knew this was a lot to take in for anyone, but it felt good to get it off his choice and seek to heal. He was happy for the first time in a long time and he was truly starting to feel alive once again.

"The crew knows you were in a rough spot and they know you are my wife and defacto second in command. Feel free to explore all of the ship and make it truly our second home. I am going to spend most of the day with the Helms crew collecting data and charting waters."

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Captain's Log The Aerandir 18 March 1663

After the day of relaxation we set a general course towards Safine. He had been warned that there may be some reefs and shallow rocks formations close to the area if we are not careful. In the mid afternoon the winds began to really die down and we could see a thick mist forming and moving out off what we believed to me the mainland. Not being overly familiar with these waters, we tacked on what wind there was and headed out into a bit deeper waters as we decided to just explore and forgo risking things in a foggy mist just to go shopping in Safine. Course was laid for a generally northern path. We shall see where the fates take us.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

Explore the ship she did!
Sometimes curiosity can be a wonderous thing, sometimes it can lead to trouble. Something she found herself in without even planning it.

After their morning, she set off to look and explore all that the ship had to offer. She started below and on the Upper Gun deck, which was much more vast than she had expected. She walked from one end of the ship, as it allowed, by many sets of stairs and other ways to exit up top, to the other end. She then made her way to the lower deck by walking back towards the front of the ship, passing many things she had no clue about. At this point she was able to still see that this area was still above the water line, even though it was quite far down into the ships belly.

Unable to go further, she walked back towards the rear of the ship. There was a space with storage but was also reserved and spaciously emptied. It was used for other things that could require isolation, for various reasons. It had not occurred to her for what though. She then noticed a small half door that opened. Not knowing what she was doing she pulled and it opened easily. There, a small boat was tethered that was trailing behind the ship. In this area, the water line was fairly close below.

The wind was not as aggressive as it had been previously, in fact she thought that they were slowing down. In her bad judgement, she decided to climb the rope down and get into the small boat. She knew if she fell in there would likely be some form of hell to pay, but going off of their fun of fishing the thought that it couldn't possibly hurt to partake in fishing again, would it?

As she made herself at home.. a pole within the boat AND a fishing net to boot! She figured her luck was shining down on her. Casting her line out, she was glad to be on the water in this capacity. Why had no one told her she could fish this way before? It seemed perfectly safe to her, though the rope to get into the boat was a tad sketchy at best, but easily enough to maneuver, though getting back in that little door might prove a little problematic.. Still, she didnt think on it too much as her fist catch was into the boat with another on the line! The fishing was good like this... and it continued for a little while until suddenly she noticed that her little boat was no longer moving. Looking behind her, the great large Galleon continued on without her.

She was speechless, as her jaw dropped, watching it move away from her. The rope having frayed its self free she never noticed until it was too late. What would her husband think?

Letting out a sigh, she spied oars tied within. She could see land in the far distance and decided that would have to be her route. At least she had food.... What a mess she had found herself in.. And had only explored maybe half of the ship.

----

Just because you SEE land, doesnt mean it is very close.. as the sun fell, the land looked still as far away as it had to begin with. Losing light, she felt dreadful. Her arms were so very tired and sore. And the thirst. She had never been so thirsty in all her life. She knew that she couldn't stop rowing, so she continued on... hoping to make it to at least some form of shallows so that she may rest some...
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv was glad for the work that Wyl had done on his hair and he had a sense of pride well up when she mentioned she had wanted to explore the Aerandir and look at what he had achieved. He left her to explore as he went up the the Helm and started conferring with Jim. Tuv spotted Wyl a couple of times as she went about. He didn't think much about it when he hadn't seen her in a good bit. It was then that one of the younger deckhands, a lad named Braelon, came running up the where Jim and Tuv were.
"Sorry to intrude Captain, but the aft hatch has been opened and the tow rope and dingy are missing."

Panic immediately set into Tuv. He knew Wyl had an adventurous heart. He loved that about her, but he was now afraid she was adrift in the open seas. Jim sensed his fear as well and the two of them almost echoed each other as the yelled "Trim the jib and prepare to come about."

Tuv ordered Braelon up to the Crow's Nest to scan the horizon and then yelled " All hands to post. Prepare for water rescue as we have a man overboard. All lookouts to your posts."

Immediately the crew jumped into action, especially once they realized that it was probably Wyllow that was missing. The crew really liked her and she had become like the ship mom to them all. Tuv braced himself as Jim worked the helm and the Aerandir came hard about and began to retrace her steps. He ran up to the lookout nest on the bowsprite and began to scan the waters. The whole time thinking and praying against all hope that Wyl was okay and that he was not going to lose her again. He was glad he was in the bow lookout spot as tears began to well up in him as he feared he had Wyl back in his life and now once again she was being taken from him.
Some of the crew came to give him a rest, but he refused saying that this is where he needed to be until they found the dingy and his wife, regardless of the outcome. It was taking all of his strength not to give into the darkness that was closing in oh him.

He continued to just look the horizon hoping beyond all hope....

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

The night found her in complete darkness, save for lots of stars above. She was chilled but kept moving in the same direction.. she hoped it would be enough. As the sun began to rise, she found herself in what she thought was considered the shallows or something.. the town of Adelnien may lay ahead. Despite her thirst and... hunger, even though she had fish, she couldn't stomach the thought of eating them raw. Though, she had to admit that it would for sure provide her with some energy.

She was stubborn enough. This was her test. She was proving to herself that she had become as strong as she had ever been. Her arm muscles on fire, she pushed on as the sun rose slowly towards the port ahead of her. Could she really make it there? The thoughts of doubt filtered into her mind. There was NO WAY she was letting him go this easily. It was simple.. She would get to shore and send word ahead.. she knew where he was going.

Her mind twisted to what he must be feeling then. She had been so careless in what she had done. She didn't think about the consequences. How could I have been so stupid? A frown came across her brow, but a fresh determination filled her heart, especially since the hardest part of her journey was yet ahead. On and on she pushed.

The reef would be her undoing. The fight against the waves was a punishment she had never known, nor expected. Exhaustion and fatigue were heavily upon her. A single person fighting the surf... She felt herself giving up.. The further she pushed in, the more the undertow sucked her back out to sea. She could see the shore... Maybe she should swim..

In her mind she started to panic. Tears finally slipped down her cheeks as the sun broke on the horizon in the form of full morning light. Please, let me see him again. She settled back into the small craft and stopped rowing. She just couldnt push on further... she just needed a rest.. just a little rest...
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

The search for Wyl continued well into the night. Still no sighting of her or the dingy was spotted. Tub ordered the search lanterns lit and posted. He did his best to not allow the fear building up inside him to take over. He knew she was still alive somewhere and he sought to keep on that. Jim finally convinced him at daybreak to take a moment's rest and join him at the charts table. They both agreed that Wyl and the dingy may have well been caught up in the currents and headed towards the rocky reefs near Adeline and Safine. They set a general course that way in hopes that they are not too late and that the dingy is not smashed against the rocks. The joy the crew enjoyed just a few days ago was dimming as the search lingered on...

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Captain's Log The Aerandir 20 March 1663

It has been a long and taxing 24hrs. I write this not because I want to but because my 2nd in command and helmsman Jim is making me take a break and focus on part of my duties. We have reversed course and are now on a search and rescue mission. It seems my
wife Wyllow, while explore the Aerandir, found our dingy off the Aft hold and lowered herself down to be towed by us as she fished. Somewhere in the course of things she became seperated from the Aerandir. We are sailing in the general direction of Adeline as it appears the current is pushing her in that way. We hope to catch up to her so that she does not become stranded on the rocky reefs off of the coast. The jovial spirit of just a couple days ago has dimmed greatly as we seek to find our lost crewmember. I would write more but I do not wish to ruin this log with my tears.

Tuvoria Ralathondor
Captain of the Aerandir

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She woke as the sun was high in the sky.. the boat knocking against some rocks. Sitting up she rubbed her eyes, her throat was dry.. her lips cracked. She could see the land just ahead... so close, but still so far away. She could tell that the boat was caught up on something. The rope... She grasped the rope and tugged on it. There was no give to it. She stood and pulled again. Stuck. She could only assume that it was tangled in the reef. Her only thought was to untangle the rope. She needed the boat to get over the reef to calmer waters.

Glancing over the side of the little boat, she decided the best spot to enter. The water was clear and she could actually see where she was hung up. Holding her breath, she stood and dove over the side. It hadn't occurred to her the risks in doing so. The water shocked her as she hit it with the coolness. Down she dove grasping at the rope, she pulled and untangled. At the corner of her eye, she caught movement. A creature she had never encountered before.

Ordinarily she would have a dagger with her or some form of protection. That hadn't been in the plan when she entered the boat. There were a few tools that had been left inside, but nothing that she would even consider to be a weapon. Abandoning the rope, she kicked as hard as she could to the surface. As she pulled herself in, she felt something hit her foot. At first it was just a hit, but it started to sting and ache. Once settled into the boat, she took off her shoe and noticed a couple punctures. Her foot was tender to the touch. Her ankle swelling slightly.

Taking up an oar, she turned to began to rub a corner upon the rope to fray it... to set her free, and if she had to, use it as a weapon against what every was below the waters surface. She knew this task would be excruciatingly long, but she had nothing else to attempt to cut through the rope. It was slow, but working... Many hours later she found the evening sun setting and she was nearly through the rope. When it finally let free, she was depleted of most of her strength and so very thirsty...

Finally lose of the entanglement, she started to row towards the beach... She was so close she could taste it... It was then that a wave sucked back and then surged forwards.... The little boat pitched sideways and tipped over, throwing her into the serf. She tumbled in the water, pushed and pulled back, she kicked to the surface trying to gain a breath, then swam as hard as she could. The salty water mixed with sand surrounding her, pulling her down only to spit her out again as the waves crashed upon the shore... Maybe just one more time and she would make it.

The water enveloped her again, pulling her down, throwing her into the sand under the water. She bounced and tumbled again with the undertow as it pulled her back out then thrust her forth enough to at least gulp a breath quickly at the surface before pulling her back down. By the time she washed ashore she nearly felt drowned. She lay there on the flat of the sand, half still in the water just trying to catch her breath. Waterlogged she didn't have the strength to move, the water lapping at her legs.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

The search for Wyllow continued as frustration and worry continued to plague the crew of The Aerandir. The winds had drastically diminished. To add to their frustration a misty like fog was also in the area. Tuv ordered the search lanterns lit once again as they tried to make way and find Wyl. Tuv knew time was working against them, unless by some miracle she had drifted onto a beach somewhere. She had no shade or water with her in the dingy. These he feared would soon begin to take their toll on anyone. Tuv moved up to the bow sprite look out nest under the pretense that his elven eyes might spot their quarry quicker. Truth be told he did want the crew to see the fear, concern, or tears welling up on his face. Silently he prayed to the Mages and The Light to let them find Wyl alive. He had just got her back and honestly did not know if he could face loosing her again. He shook his head and absentmindedly rubbed the braid that Wyl had put into his hair before all this started as he once again peered out into the empty seas.