Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Tuvoria

Re: Adventures of "The Aerandir" (CRP)

Post by Tuvoria »

Captain's log-- The Aerandir. 21 March 1663

Our search and rescue efforts were hindered today. The winds have drastically dropped and a foggy mist is obscuring most of our view. The crew and I are beginning to get overly concerned as we know Wyllow is without shade or water. Hopefully tomorrow will bring a joyful reunion.

Tuvoria Ralathondor
Captain if The Aerandir

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

As dawn approached and the foggy mist cleared enough that Tuv and Jim could consult the star positions and determine were they were, Tuv angrily slammed his fist onto the desk. They were so far off course. No wonder they hadn't located the lost dingy and his wife. They mist, winds, and catching the wrong current had caused they to drift into the waters of Puria near the port of Inez. They both hoped beyond hope that Wyl had washed ashore by now and that she was hold up in a local Port. Knowing where they were, the orders to raise full sails was given and a course was set to follow the coast line back towards Adeline.
About midday they spotted a local fishing vessel out of Inez. After signaling them their peaceful intent the two ships drew up next to each other. Tuv talked with the other Captain and quickly learned of reported rumors of a small dingy and water logged woman drifting ashore near Adeline. After listening to the description the other Captain gave, Tuv knew in his heart that it was indeed Wyl. He thanked him and asked him if he could pass the following letter onto the Harbor Master and Priest at the Temple to pass along to the cities along the coast until they could gather up their missing crew member. The Captain heartedly agreed and set course for his home port.
Wyl my love. We are so sorry you got separated from the Aerandir. Weather and catching the wrong current has kept us off track as we have been searching for you. Word has reached us you are in Adeline. We are setting sail as fast as we can to return to Adeline and reunite with you. Please stay there and rest my dear. Love Tuv

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Captain's Log -- The Aerandir 22 March 1663
We have finally spotted the coastline way off course near Inez. We will following close to the shoreline as we make our way to Adneline and a hopeful reunion with Wyllow. These past days have been hard. One lesson learned through all of this is next time we pause for fun and fishing, I need to lock up the rum so we can actually and truly read the seas charts we have.

Tuvoria Ralathondor
Captain of the Aerandir

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

The morning brought a sense of renewed hope as the crew spotted the coastline near Inez. They knew they were way off course from where they hoped to be. But with the word from the local fishermen yesterday, they had a reason to be a bit more hopeful. A course was laid in to stay within the sight of the coast just in case the reports were not correct. Raising full sails they began to make their way towards Adneline. For those that knew him well, a sense of fear, loss, and worry still resided in the eyes of Tuv as he longed to hold Wyl in his arms once again and never let her go.

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv and the crew of The Aerandir continued on their course to the southeast hugging the coastline. Tuv was not sure about the charts they had anymore. His only focus now was finding Wyl. He was doing his best to keep his emotions in control, but was struggling with it at times. He left Jim at the helm and climbed up into the Crow's Nest to not only clear and refocus his mind, but to also try to see if he could spot anything that reminded him of his missing bride.

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Captain's Log. The Aerandir 24 March 1663
We picked up a strong wind out of the North blowing mostly to the south today. That coupled with a strong current we have found has allowed us to make good speed. We have rounded the cape south of Liesel and we continue to receive reports from passing vessels that indeed Wyl drifted ashore near Adneline. Morale is picking up as soon hope to have her back on board. I know our main cook, Sam, is truly looking forward to her insights again. Mages willing, this should occur shortly. Our new charts have also been a blessing. When we do find Wyl and have her back amongst us, I will give the crew a day of rest, but this time lick up the rum.

Tuvoria Ralathondor
Captain of The Aerandir

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She tossed and turned before coming fully awake. Unbeknown to her, it had been days that she slept.. her dreams filled with terrors of the deep. Shhh... its alright. You are safe here. A woman's voice broke through the fog of her sleep. Wha?? she attempted. Shh, don't speak for now. You've had a time. Better to rest and gain your strength.

She was so tired and felt sticky.. as if she had been sweating. Her hair, she realized was plastered to her face and neck. Where am I? Wyllow asked. You are in Adneline. It is a good thing that my husband happened upon you! We dont see many wash ashore here. We are a quiet people. It was then that she felt the cool cloth upon her head. There, there.... Glad your fever finally broke. Ive never felt someone so hot before, I feared you were buring to death.

The woman kept the cool cloth on her forehead, then moved it to her temples and back. These waters here are full of them Xanthereels.. so you had to have gotten bit. When I removed your shoes you gave a sound of pain, and sure enough, there it was. We put a salve on it to draw out the poison. You must have tangled with a nasty one. The woman dipped the cloth then applied it to her forehead once more. You still feel a tad warm, but much improved in the last few days.

Wyllows eyes flew open. Days? How.. how long have I been here? She asked. Her thoughts going to Tuv. and how horrible this all must be for him. Im not sure when you washed ashore dear, but you have been here in this bed for.. the woman counted back on her fingers... Four.. no, Five days. She went back to cooling Wyllows brow. My name is Lilly, and my husband is Dale.. He is out at the moment, probably stacking wood or some other chore. Oh! And this came from the Temple for you yesterday. The woman reached over on the night stand and picked up a letter.

I haven't opened it, and I am assuming you are Wyllow? She nodded. Yes, that is my name. How did a letter find me here? She was very confused. Her head was still foggy, but had she thought about it for a few moments, she knew her husband was well connected with the temples and Churches in Secfenia. Would you mind reading it to me? She asked Lilly.

The woman replied by opening the letter and reading out loud.
Wyl my love. We are so sorry you got separated from the Aerandir. Weather and catching the wrong current has kept us off track as we have been searching for you. Word has reached us you are in Adeline. We are setting sail as fast as we can to return to Adeline and reunite with you. Please stay there and rest my dear. Love Tuv
A smile broke out upon her face. She felt like she could actually relax, however certain needs would see her sit up. She was also able to test the weight upon her foot. It hurt, but was manageable. For the rest of the day, Wyllow did indeed rest up.

-----

As the morning sun poured into the small room she was in, Wyllow found all her clothes folded and clean near the bed. A bath had been drawn and left for her.

As she slid into the slightly warm water, she made quick work of scrubbing her body clean. Her hair she also scrubbed and rinsed. As she dressed, she was amazed at how much better she felt. She tested her weight on her foot and it wasn't as tender as it had been the day before. Pulling on her socks she then pulled her boots on. For the most part, she was ready to go.

Exiting the small bedroom, she found both her rescuer and her nurse sitting at a little table in the kitchen. She smiled at them both. Thank you so much for tending to me so diligently. I might have died had you not saved me. She said this looking directly at Dale. Oh, please have a seat. Ive made breakfast for you too. Lilly smiled at her, pulling out a chair. Oh... she said as she looked at the chair at the table. I.. I have nothing to pay you back with.. right now, that is. But I will make sure you are fully compensated for helping me. Wyllow stated, almost stiffly. We didnt help you for money. The woman smiled. We helped you because you needed it.

Sit sit.. the woman waved her hand and turned to dish up food for Wyllow.

After a hearty breakfast and washing up, Wyllow decided it was time for her to take her leave. Im pretty sure where my husband is.. so I am going to travel to the next port town to get a little closer and hope that we are able to connect there. I hate to ask, but do you have a piece of parchment? I would love to send a letter back to him so that he knows what I am doing. If I can send the letter by pigeon to reach him. Lilly nodded and produced what she needed.
My Dearest,
I am well. I will be traveling to Safine and will await word from you there.
All my Love
Wyl
She folded and rolled the letter small, before handing it to Dale to send off for her. She then hugged and thanked them once more before setting off down the road. It was roughly a couple hours into the trip that a snow storm forced her off the road to build a make shift shelter and camp for the night. On the morning she would reach her destination if all went well. Her ankle was glad for the rest.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv had been up in the Crow's Nest for several hours and was about to come down to grab some nourishment, check charts with Jim, and get out of the sun when he noticed movement on the horizon that appeared to be heading their way. He put his hand above his eyes to block out the sun so he could get a better look. He shook his head as he realized it was just a bird. You are getting desperate old man, he told himself. Surely a bird is not on a path to intercept them. However the more he looked the more the bird seemed to be flying right for him.
Something in him began to well up and a sense of peace and comfort came over him. Not realizing it, Tuv raised his arm out and before he knew it a pigeon landed on his arm. He thought it odd that a pigeon would be this far out to sea. It was then that he noticed that this was no normal pigeon. It was a messenger pigeon and it's harness had the symbol of The Light on it.
Tuv gave a quick prayer of thanks, and looking down at the pigeon said; Well my friend, let's see what message is so important that they sent you out this far from home.
He fell to his knees in the Crow's Nest as he read the message and tears of joy ran down his face.
My Dearest,
I am well. I will be traveling to Safine and will await word from you there.
All my Love
Wyl
she's alive and well!! Wyl is alive. Make way, coming down.Tuv screamed at the top of his lungs. He then put the message in his teeth, slid on some gloves, grabbed an escape rope, and quickly slid down the rope to the main deck. Letting go of the rope he ran up to the Helms Deck. He immediately showed Jim the message. The two men quickly hugged in delight of the news. Jim turned control of the helm to Grant as he and Tuv consulted the new charts.
Agreeing on a course, Jim shouted out Come to Port 20 degrees and make for the shallows on the Cape of Zion boys. We are going to Safine to get our gal Wyl. She is alive!!!
A series of Huzzahs was heard across The Aerandir as everyone sprung to action.
Tuv headed into his cabin, closed the door behind him, and fell to his knees sobbing by the bed. Looking upward he was heard saying Thank you O Mages and Spirit of The Light for hearing my prayers. I know I am not worthy of this, but I pray and beg you to protect her and keep her safe until I can hold Wyl in my arms again

He then quickly penned the following:
Wyl my love,

I thank the Mages and the Spirit of The Light that the rumors of you washing ashore somewhat safe are true. My heart rends with pain that you were lost at sea and that I could not get to you quicker. I will meet you Safine. The entire crew of The Aerandir is rejoicing at your message. We should arrive on the tide no later than Tues 28 March 1663

All my love,

Tuv
Tuv then put the message in the pouch on the pigeon and opening his window sent the bird out saying: Find her quickly my friend

It was then that the emotion and turmoil of the past few days finally caught up with him and for the first time in days, Tuv fell asleep.

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv woke up from where he had collapsed after getting word via the carrier pigeon. For the first time days he truly felt renewed. As he sat up and stretched, he was happy to see that Sam had left a kettle and a few breakfast items on a tray at his desk. Checking the kettle, he was happy to see that the water was still hot. He poured himself a cup of tea, grabbed his journal, and set down to write.
Captain's Log The Aerandir 26 March 1663

Yesterday was an emotional day for the crew and myself. We received a carrier pigeon via the temples. It was from Wyl and she is alive and well. Plans are to meet in the Port of Safine. Course was set to the south and we headed through the straits of Inez and for the narrows heading towards Safine. Message was sent ahead via the pigeon for the meeting.

Captain Tuvoria Ralathondor
Tuv then closed his Captain's log, grabbed another pastry, and headed out to the Helms deck. He was pleased when he heard Jim shout out, Trim the fore sail and prepare to come 30 to Port. Sounders to the bow stands. Let us prepare to coss the Straits of Zion as we head to Safine. Call out your soundings on the quarters gentlemen.

Rub headed to the Helm and nodded at Jim as he said
Carry on Jim. Seems you got it under contol.

Jim simply smiled and continued barking orders as Tuv rested on the deck railing and took it all in. Today was going to be a good day he told himself...

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

It took her a little longer than planned to make it to Safine, but she found a place to stay at an Inn and that was were a letter found her the following morning. She smiled as she read it, glad that her husband had been informed.

Wyl my love,

I thank the Mages and the Spirit of The Light that the rumors of you washing ashore somewhat safe are true. My heart rends with pain that you were lost at sea and that I could not get to you quicker. I will meet you Safine. The entire crew of The Aerandir is rejoicing at your message. We should arrive on the tide no later than Tues 28 March 1663

All my love,

Tuv
Her foot was feeling a little pained this morning as she took a quiet breakfast, looking out, the day was fairly cloudy, but seemed well enough. There was a beautiful lake before the town and she couldn't help but go fishing this afternoon. She nearly smiled, knowing that was what got her into the mess she was currently in. She only hoped Tuv wouldn't be too upset with her and her curious ways.

She would wait here for him. It was the best thing for her to do. Safe, warm and comfortable.