🌙.A change in the air.🌙

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Luana_Dawn

🌙.A change in the air.🌙

Post by Luana_Dawn »

Luna sat up suddenly. She sat still, closing her eyes. Her ears strained to hear anything. Nothing. She could feel a change in the air, and it was time to get ready.

The company she had expected, was finally coming.

She swept, taking her time, then smudged the little cabin in the wood. Every space, the burning and smoking leaves cleansed the atmosphere. When she was done, she inhaled deeply, then set to preparing. Water was gathered, tea was made, clean cloth was gathered, and other materials that may be needed - just in case. Those specific items, no one wanted to use but were necessary.

She then settled down at her small table and lit a tall candle in front of the window. These things took time, she knew. A candle to guide the child to her......
Wyllow

Re: 🌙.A change in the air.🌙

Post by Wyllow »

She had known when she left their home, that she would not return the same woman she was when she left.

Wyllow made up her makeshift home. She was adept and knowledgeable about living in the bush. She easily made a shelter that would suffice until the time came. She was saddened that something pulled her away from her husband.. a deep drive and need. If she thought about it too hard, she wished he were here with her as the days drew closer to their childs birth.

As her time in nature grew longer, and the days warmth grew more chill, she could feel herself approaching the time. It grew closer and closer. She was drawn to the area, though she wasnt sure why. He little home was well constructed, though it had been quite tiresome. She was able to fish daily, which filled her belly with a rich and nutrient-rich protein. Ground vegetables were easy to locate at this time of year. One just had to be smart enough to stay away from anything poisonous, yet collect things that could aid in medicinal needs.

And it came, one evening, as she settled by her little camp fire. She looked up to the odd moon that had rose into the sky. Her comfort was little to none.. The time was finally here.

Getting to her feet, she moved into her shelter in search of a small bag. Essentials. She slung it over her shoulder and began to walk in the direction the moon guided her. She hadn't walked far when the first pains came. She instinctually rubbed her sides and inhaled deeply, only to let out a pain-relieving breath. She smiled. The pain was beautiful.

She moved further into the wood, the contractions coming and going. She breathed in and out.... every breath controlled. She rubbed her abdomen with both hands. Letting go of all her thoughts. A voice invaded her mind, telling her to remain calm. Encouraging her with thoughts of how strong she was. Telling her to continue her path and helping hands would await her.

Time began to stretch out into the dark evening... Hours of walking behind her. The pains growing stronger, little by little, her breathing deeper and more frequent. As she rounded a corner in the early hours of the morning, she spied the small cabin. Dawn was still a few hours away yet. She was tired, even she understood that. As she approached, she noticed a dim light in the window.

Dragging foot after foot up the simple stairs, she caught a stitch in her side before reaching out to knock. However, the door opened before she was able to do so and the grey-haired woman within simply stated Come in. Ive been waiting for you.

She took a hesitant step inside the warm cabin. It looked like any other cabin. All the essential items were within, however, a small bed was pulled out into the middle of the sitting room, as if it was made just for her.
Luana_Dawn

Post by Luana_Dawn »

She watched the poor creature came inside. Please, make yourself at home. I am Luana. I will get you a gown. Are the pains close? She asked as she scurried to a closet and closed the door before returning. It was then that the woman could tell pains were gripping the woman.

It is a good moon tonight. She set the cotton gown on the bed. Get changed and get yourself settled into bed. I will go hunt down some more pillows. Turning away, she headed into a room off of the side of the sitting room.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

As Wyllow entered the room, she immediately felt safe and warm. The elder woman spoke, but she winced as pain pulled across her abdomen. The pains were coming more frequently and caused her to not really hear anything. She took the directions of the woman as they came though, keeping quite.

Once she was changed and settled into the warm bed, she felt herself finally begin to relax. She watched as the woman buzzed around the room as if this was nothing unusual for her. Excuse me... Luana.. How did you know? Wyllow looked around the room. I mean, did you expect me?

The look upon the elder woman's face was calm and warm. Of Course! she exclaimed quietly. I knew you would seek me out. Many of your kind do. She moved about the room and patted the linens she had just gathered in a way that asked if I needed another pillow behind, a nod was given in agreement.
Luana_Dawn

Post by Luana_Dawn »

The night progressed as naturally as possible. She held the woman's hand when needed and kept a cool cloth on her forehead. You are so very close now... Even breaths... She felt sympathy. It was never an easy task to bring life into the world. The woman followed her instructions.

Take this... she handed Wyllow a thick strip of leather. Put it into your mouth and bite down. It will help. Wyllow nodded.

Now the next pain, take a deep breath and bring that child into the world. Wyllow nodded, her brow was furrowed and heavy with sweat. It was nearing morning. She missed her husband desperately. A wave of strength overcame her, and she felt the natural instinct hit her.

Leaving the woman's side, she did her duty.. what she was there for. What she was always there for.

A sound of glee came from her lips. Yes.. I thought so. She grabbed nearby clean clothes and cleaned the babe off. Don't move... relax she said in a voice that was almost a coo. It wasn't for the babe though, she eyed the woman on the bed, whom had her eyes closed, trying to catch her breath. The babe cried out.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

At the sound of the babe, Wyllow lifted her head. Tears came to the corner of her eyes. Is it ok? She asked. The older woman smiled. I'd say so. She placed the bundle upon the new mother's upper stomach. He has some healthy lungs. She then moved back to the foot of the bed.

Wyllow cried tears of joy. A son. Oh Tuvoria, I wish you were here. She felt a pang of sadness as she looked down at the bundle and immediately began to dote upon him. He was perfect. A love budded instantly - one that blossoms when a child is born. Something magical took over and spread a warmth through her heart. It was then that a further pain came, and she looked up at the woman with concern.

Settling her newly born son in the crook of her arm, she felt the same instinct as moments before. Her brows furrowed and she felt a sudden urge like before. With little effort, she delivered a second babe. The elder woman was there to tend it. The look upon the womans face was a little grim and worrysome. Wyllow felt sudden concern... Please.. say something!! She shouted.
Luana_Dawn

Post by Luana_Dawn »

She looked at the babe, it was near lifeless. It looked to be blue in the face and lips. She swiped her finger in the mouth, turned it over and patted its back. It was then she noticed the cord around the neck. She quickly turned the child over and over unwrapping the cord. Still, it did not draw breath. She grasped it by its feet and held it up. Again she patted its back, though a bit harder this time and the child cried out.

She glanced at the woman in the bed. She layed back, exhausted. She cleaned the babe and tied off the cord, wrapping it up identically to the other babe. She then presented the tired woman with a second son. Well, this one gave us a fright, but that happens sometimes. She smiled. Now just a bit of tidying up. She nodded to the foot of the bed. He is a tad smaller than the first, but I am betting nothing to worry about. Get some sleep while you can, those little ones will need to eat here in a little while.

Wyllow nodded as her eyes closed, exhaustion overtaking her.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

The light shown through the front window and it was warm in the little cabin, likely from the fire. As her eyes fluttered open she remembered, but was it a dream? No babes next to her. Panic set in. Hello?? She called out attempting to sit up. Horrible thoughts entered her mind. But it was all for not.

The elderly woman sat next to her with the two bundles. Unfortunately, we were just about to wake you.. These two are so very hungry. Wyllow accepted one, then the other. The woman nodded, and showed her what to do. Looks like that little one has a good appetite. It will serve him well as he tries to catch up. The elder woman settled in a chair near Wyllow as she fed her new bundles for the first time.

For the moment, they were all quiet. Wyllow, as she looked down with awe at her babies, spoke. Can I ask.. who are you? And how did you come to be when I needed you?
Luana_Dawn

Post by Luana_Dawn »

Luana smiled. My name is Luana. Many call me The Grandmother. It is not by chance that you found me. Many do when instinct takes over and guides those in need, for this, specifically. In most that do seek me out, there is a magical element that encompasses them in their later term of being with child. Which means, there is something magical in your aura that led you to me.

Wyllow wasnt surprised to hear another speak of magic. She nodded in understanding at the simple explanation. The woman then spoke further. As soon as these two are well-fed, it will be time to get up and I will take you home. You do have somewhere that you live, right? Wyllow nodded. Yes. I live in Bravia. Oh good, then we shall deliver you by supper. I hope you have help at home with two little ones. You are going to need it.