The Aerandir and the search for the Black Moon (ORP)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Tuvoria

Re: The Aerandir and the search for the Black Moon (ORP)

Post by Tuvoria »

It was now several days past the celebration of formally announcing and proclaim the names of Wyllow and Tuv's twin boys. The wagons, carts, and animals had been packed and ready to go. The morning broke with clear skies and a bit of warmth in the air.
Tuv helped Wyl get Doron and Durie secured in their travel bassinets and soon the four of them, and their menagerie of animals, were headed off. They had no real set agenda or destination. All they knew was that fate and Destiny were once again drawing them towards the wild highlands of the great northern frontier.
They easily made their way to Cork and stayed the next day to check on the status big property they were developing at Cork. The boys seemed to be enjoying the ride and the bouncing of the frozen ground often helped to rock them to sleep.
3 days after leaving Bravia City the happy family arrived in Widu. It was good to see the old city where they had come together once again. They spent time visiting many old friends, all if whom were happy to see the twins.
Tuv did learn of a few more raid reports in the area, especially .near Verdilla. There was also rumors of a mysterious ship near the waters of Athena. Tuv hired a pony rider and sent a message to his executive officer, Jim in Paz, to get the crew of the Aerandir together and to meet him in Athens.
The next morning, the Ralathondors headed out and took the road towards Imperious. They soon heard that the winter orange crop at Rome was ready. As such they made their way on towards the orchards at Rome. The journey from Imperious to Rome kept Tuv on slight edge. He couldn't be certain, as he could not see anything for sure, but he kept having a feeling that someone or something was shadowing then. Even Red at times acted as those something strange was on the air. Despite all of this, the new family managed to arrive in Rome and quickly settled into a larger room at the Eagle's Feather Inn.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

As they settled into the room, lightly unpacking.. the babes fed, changed and resting. She took note of her husband as he moved about. She glanced his way once she was free to do so. She smiled, then made small talk. So much stuff we need with these two, hmm? She asked, but wasn't really asking. You have that look, my love. Tell me what you've heard. Let me share the burden.

She gave him quiet as she listened for him to speak. She wanted to know what was on his mind. She knew that he knew more than he ever said most times, but the strong individual he was, didn't alway allow the words to be spoken. She too wanted to always ensure that their children were safe. Maybe it was too soon for them to travel, but they couldn't live their lives in fear. She loved traveling with him. She was determined to just make it work.

Coming near him she took his hand in hers, as she looked up at him. Reaching up she brushed his temple with the back of her hand gently. She wanted nothing more than take any uneasy feelings he had, and ease them from his mind. They had come through a lot. Whatever faced them, they would take on, together.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv looked lovingly into Wyl's eyes as she spoke to him. She knew him too well, he thought. He smiled as he said
Fix some tea my love and I will fill you in on what I have come to know since you first went to see the Ancient, Luana.Tuv then shared with Wyl his repeated visions, especially regarding the Red Claws and the mysterious boat know as the Black Moon. He also shared the message he personally recieved from the Ancient regarding the twins and our destiny in the north lands, the note found at his property in Cork, the bloody pile of acorns, a few of the battles he has been in, the letter from Meridoc, and the two bears that were ripped to shreds much like the deer she would hunt back when the change overcame her nature. Tuv paused a moment to take a sip of his tea and then told her that he felt something had been shadowing them all day. He also heard reports of possible Red Claw raids about 5 days north of where they currently were and that there were also rumors of a mysterious vessel raiding near Athena. Jim and the Aerandir are going to meet us there.Tuv stood up and walked over to look at his sons as they lay sleeping.My fear Wyl is that Marcus is seeking to hunt us in an attempt to make you the changeling queen and to make the twins part of that band. I fear the stress of such a road will destroy their innocence and bring about the desire in you to undergo the change and hunt.I had hoped to live in peace. I fear now we are both the hunted and at the same time the hunter. Regardless, as Luana told me, the Claws, especially those linked with the Black Moon, will play a part in our future and our destiny. If you wish to have Jim and the Aerandir take you back to Bravia, I will not hold it against you. I know I must find Marcus and battle him, if I am to find true peace. That is my destiny I fear.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

The early morning mist still hung low as the Red Claw leader began waking his elite patrol. Word had come from his spies that those he hunted, the true changing queen, and the bastardly elf who killed his brother, where seen near the Bay of Fenia. He knew that they hunted each other now. He also knew that the elf knew too much. Marcus mumbled something about gutting the Ancient woman when he found her again. Now was the time however to instill fear and bring all of realms under control of the Red Claw. He howled loudly and soon his crew joined him. They then all changed into a wolf like form and in a group sprint began the chase as they left the hills north of Widu.
FirstmateJim

Post by FirstmateJim »

Jim had received the message from his Captain, Tuv, and had the crew of the Aerandir assembled. The new bowsprite weapons had been installed and they were now under sail. The winds were favorable and Jim ordered full sails. In no time the Aerandir was rounding the cape and heading into the Bay of Fenia proper. It was then they spotted the Red sail with the distinctive red claw.
Jim gave the order to close and called for battle stations. No sooner had this occurred than they were messaged to stand down, surrender the vessel, and prepare to be boarded. Jim immediately barked out the order to light the fires. He then pointed the forward arms towards the other vessel and gave the order to loose. Soon two trebuches let loose with flaming pitch balls. Both hit true. One landing against the sprite figurine, the other hitting the main deck and spreading flames across the deck. The enemy vessel quickly started turning away. Jim, gave the order to fire again. The starboard ballistas let loose and as soon as the forward now was lined up, the trebuches fired again. Flames could been seen in several areas of the ship. Jim called off the attack and set course for Supine Lupin and the rendezvous with Wyl and Tuv.
Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She listened intently to every word he had to say. Worry filled her eyes and made her brows furrow. She knew there had been some troubles with her beloved, but she always knew he would work through it. It had crossed her mind to ask him if he needed help, but like some things, how, is not always easy.

Maybe we shouldn't go.The words were out of her mouth before she really had thought it through. She then countered. No, that wont do. We can not be afraid to live our lives. What kind of life would that be? She asked, but it wasnt really a question.

She let out a sigh as she too looked at their boys. Her awareness had doubled since the boys had come into the world. All she wanted was them safe. All of them. She then crossed to her husband and pulled him into a hug. She spoke sternly then. Marcus will not accomplish that. I would die first and take him and his men down with me. A shiver ran through her body at the thought.

It was time to get going. She would be damned if they would live their life in fear. But she couldn't stop the feeling that crept into her breast that she had brought a lot of this on them.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Indeed my love. We can't live in fear. Also put to rest that this is your fault. You can't help the conditions you were born under. Darius, and now Marcus and his cohorts, are seeking to use our family for their personal agendas. We must take the fight to them. As much as I want to just rest at home with you and the boys, we need to end this.
Tuv reached down and kissed Wyl enjoying the moment and the temporary peace.
Jim should be here on the morning tide with the Aerandir. Ive added a few things to it. Jim and the crew are going hunting on the sea as we hunt inland. Why don't you take care of the boys while I see if the Aerandir is docked yet and we will meet you downstairs.

MarcusRedClaw

Post by MarcusRedClaw »

Marcus and his band of changelings quickly came open the glade outside of Widu where Tuvoria and Wyllow at one time lived. The moon was nearly full as it rose in the eastern sky. Marcus sniffed the air. Something was near about. Turning to his hunting pack he stated:
Something is nearby my kin. Let the hunt begin. Kill anything you find and then burn all the structures down. Let it stand as a testament to what happens if you cross the Red Claws.

A howl quickly went up and soon screams and the crunching of no n as and flesh filled the air. A glowing ember emerged and quickly spread as fire soon engulfed all the buildings.

"Soon my Queen, soon. You can only run so far.
FirstmateJim

Post by FirstmateJim »

Jim stood on the wheel deck as the Aerandir came into the Port of Athena. The encounter with the raiding vessel still fresh on his mind. Once the ship was secure, he quickly set a watch and disembarked and headed towards the Harbour Master's office. Once there he relayed the info regarding the repelled attack and inquired about his Captain, Tuv. The Harbour Master thanked him and informed him that Captain Tuvoria and his family are in town and told him where to find him. Jim soon headed in that direction and quickly found Tuv. The two off them greeted each other with joy and made their way back to the inn where Wyl and the boys were waiting. Jim quickly relayed the info about the failed attack and shared reports of attacks near Widu. He then set back and sought to catch up with his leader and await new orders.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv thanked Jim for the update and shared some of the info he had come across. Tuv was also glad to hear that the addition of the Trebuche worked out well. Tuv then grabbed a map he had from the last Grand Sea adventure. He and Jim began to mark out where reports of possible attacks, both land and sea, had taken place. Both men began to see a pattern forming. Tuv instructed Jim to head out in a westerly direction and make his way up the western shore. They would meet again in 3 months time in the far northwestern port city of Olivida. Tuv also gave the order for the Aerandir to engage any and all possible Red Claw vessels and to offer no quarter. Sink them all by any means necessary. Jim smiled and replied, with great pleasure my Capn.