The Aerandir and the search for the Black Moon (ORP)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Tuvoria

Re: The Aerandir and the search for the Black Moon (ORP)

Post by Tuvoria »

Early the next morning the Ralathondors headed north out of town as Jim and the Aerandir caught the morning tide out of the harbor. The day was overcast and a chill hung in the air. A slight tension seemed to linger about. As noon approached, both Tuv and Rex became alert to something that was shadowing them. Tuv eased his bow and his sword to be within quick grabbing range. Whatever it was, it was staying just beyond sight at the edge of the trees. After a few hours of cat and mouse like games, Tuv noticed the tree line starting to get closer to the road. Tuv told Wyl to secure the boys. A few moments later in a quick blur, Tuv fired off two quick arrows and grabbing his sword leaped off the backboard just as a wolf like changeling emerged from the woods. A broken arrow protruded from its chest and another from its right eye. It came at the wagons in a full charge and kept at Tuv. Tuv reacted by going into a slide taking out the back knees of the creature before rolling over and throwing his axe into the upper back of the creature. The beast tried to pull itself forward and started to shift forms again. Before it could complete the shift, Tuv was quickly upon it and swinging down with Dragon's Bane, his longsword, beheaded the creature. He found a good stick and placed the head upon it. Gathering up his weapons, he got back into the wagon saying
I am afraid my love that creature was an advance scout. We need to move quickly and find a secure spot to stay tonight.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
MarcusRedClaw

Post by MarcusRedClaw »

Back near Widu in Keine....
Marcus watched with pride as his underlings slaughtered everyone in this area and he relished watching the buildings burn. He nailed to a post near one of the buildings a sign reading that the village was found to be traitors to the Red Claw Kingdom and justice has been delivered. He soon gathered up his mean and sent a few off to scout ahead as the rest of the horde headed off towards Rome and hopefully an encounter with the elf and the one they felt was to be their queen.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

The small caravan of the Ralathondors continued on after the encounter with the changeling. Tuv was able to find a somewhat hidden cave off the road that was sheltered from the wind, and easily defensible. The group quickly made camp and Tuv set about ensuring the safety of his family. He had hoped he had laid enough of a false trail with the hints of going due north that it would have given them a good enough cushion with Marcus. The encounter with the changeling had him second guessing all of that. Morning dawned with a crispness to the air. Tuv hunted around to see if they had been followed. It all seemed quiet and no traces of anything, other than a few squirrels and a rabbit was all he seemed to notice. There were song birds, just not enough to put him at ease. He returned to the cave and began helping Wyllow get the twins ready for another day of travel. He hoped to make Spirus before nightfall. The group set out on the road shortly, still on edge and feeling the uncertainty from the day before.

FirstmateJim

Post by FirstmateJim »

It had been a few days since the Aerandir had sailed out of Athena without her Captain. Jim knew this was the right thing to do and he knew the mission they had been tasked with was important. He relished the idea of being a pirate hunter. The crew was enlighten by the idea and morale was high. They had yet to see any traces of the ship they had encountered and set a fire. Jim was hoping that perhaps she had sank, when Dorku hollered from the Crow's Nest that a ship was seen off the port bow. Jim grabbed his looking glass to see what was there. To his surprise, it appeared to be what was left of the ship they encountered. Most of her hull above the waterline was burnt, two masts were missing, and her rigging was all but gone. Her rescue boats and dingy's were also missing. Jim called for the sails to be lowered, and oars put out and called for battle stations, just to be safe. As the Aerandir approached it could be seen that the ship had been abandoned, or so they thought. A voice shouted out MAN IN THE WATER The Aerandir quickly hauled the water logged sailor, who they soon recognized as a Red Claw officer. When he recognized who rescued him, he attempted to attack Jim, who quickly tripped him and sent him flying over the railing and back into the water. Jim then quickly grabbed an bow and let loose an arrow into the Red Claw leader. He then gave the order for the sentries and scouts to shoot any bodies they see and put the poor wretches out of their mystery. This is what the Capn be wanting. Three more bodies were found and put out of their misery before sails were raised and the Aerandir began the turn around the western horn of Kiene and prepared to head towards Zabar.
MarcusRedClaw

Post by MarcusRedClaw »

Marcus and his hunting party were making quick time. He had heard word that his prey may be heading into the Northlands. Marcus thought to himself if this is true, then they will quickly gain on them as the wagons would slow the elf and his future queen going over the passes. In the meantime he would allow his men time to rest and maybe hunt when they arrived in Imperius. The horde made quick travels to this somewhat friendly town. Marcus soon began checking his contacts once they were inside the city gates. He quickly became angered when he learned that his group was a good 5 to 7 days behind his quarry and that some merchants reported one of his ships sunk along the southern border. There was also rumors that a few of his scouts had been killed by an elf and their heads put on sticks along the roadside. It was all Marcus could do to keep his anger from boiling over. He stormed off to find an escape to hunt thinking to himself that the elf would die slowly when the Red Claw Clan finally caught up with him. It was the thought of delivering that pain and torture that brought a smile and hope to the face of the changeling. Revenge shall be mine elf, oh yes it shall be mine.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Marcus and his hunting party were making quick time. He had heard word that his prey may be heading into the Northlands. Marcus thought to himself if this is true, then they will quickly gain on them as the wagons would slow the elf and his future queen going over the passes. In the meantime he would allow his men time to rest and maybe hunt when they arrived in Imperius. The horde made quick travels to this somewhat friendly town. Marcus soon began checking his contacts once they were inside the city gates. He quickly became angered when he learned that his group was a good 5 to 7 days behind his quarry and that some merchants reported one of his ships sunk along the southern border. There was also rumors that a few of his scouts had been killed by an elf and their heads put on sticks along the roadside. It was all Marcus could do to keep his anger from boiling over. He stormed off to find an escape to hunt thinking to himself that the elf would die slowly when the Red Claw Clan finally caught up with him. It was the thought of delivering that pain and torture that brought a smile and hope to the face of the changeling. Revenge shall be mine elf, oh yes it shall be mine.

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

The Ralathondor caravan made it safely to Spirus where they quickly found a place to stay and stabled the animals. Tuv then went to the militia headquarters and let them know about the attack out on the road. The family settled into their room and Tuv had some tea and a bread and cheese tray brought up to their room. He pinned a note and had one of the lads in the main room run it to the temple. He then unfurled a map and began studying it briefly. He smiled as Wyl was fussing over the boys, He picked up Durie and bounced him on his knee.

We have a good lead on Marcus and his horde. Jim is not heading all the way to the northern shore like we publicly stated. He is
meeting us in five days in Safine. We did this to try to throw them off of our trail. So we have a few days to sit back and hopefully relax.

Tuv then set Durie into his basinet and began pouring the tea for himself and Wyl

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

As he spoke, she answered with a Hmm... It was a light response, she knew, but her brow furrowed with thought. She settled Doron on his tummy across her lap as he was beginning to fall asleep. She wiped his sweet lips and let the milk work, as it always did. Rubbing his back, she waited for the escape of wind from his belly before laying him down. Full bellies, easy to sleep.

She moved then sat beside her husband at the little table. Do you think this will work? She took up her hot dink as he bounced the little one. Stubborn air in the tummy... She smiled at the child, love anew within her eyes as she reached out and touched his arm. Will we ever know a day of peace? Where fear isn't at the back of our thoughts? She asked as she looked up then into her husband's eyes. But she didn't really expect an answer. It wasn't that she wanted him to answer, but her own thoughts were stirring in her mind.

Is there a way to confront them head on? Her voice took on a serious undertone. I.. I can say I don't know what will happen if my boys are in danger. I will fight to the death for them and you. She let out a sigh. Soon air escaped the child's lips and she gave a smile. There you go! All that mean air out. She coo'd to the child with a grin. Her eyes light once more. I'll take him. she said then. Time for a good little nap! She grinned and held out her arms for the babe. You get some tea and a bite to eat in your belly. She grinned at her husband. Thinking silly thoughts of him suddenly.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv let out a laugh as Dorie let loose with the excess bubbles in his belly. He then laid him down for his nap before turning towards Wyl
I hope so my love.All indications are they are based along the far northern frontier of Muria. My hope is to get us in that area and then confront them on their home turf. I don't think they are expecting that. Moreover, my love, the Ancient Luana indicated to me that our destiny lies in that area and with a ship known as the Black Moon. The last thing I want to do is put you or the twins in harms way.

Tuv quietly paced the floor a look of frustration and concern creeping across his face.

I too want to just settle down and have some peace, work our fields, create in the shop, and raise our boys. Sometimes our destiny calls us to do other things. Right now our destiny lies in the tundra of Muria. Hopefully we shall end things there and find the peace we are looking for.
Tuv then smiled as he sat down on the edge of the bed and took off his boots

Care to join me in a quick nap while we can my love?

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

She watched as Tuv settled the babe down to sleep. Oh, you want a nap too? She let out a giggle and gave him a sweet look. Her next words a purr. Now that does sound good.. As his boots fell away, she moved to in front of him and embraced him in a loving hug. Pulling back she had a very playful look on her face. Though, we must behave.. this is how we ended up with twins. She laughed, knowing there would be no behaving if she had any say in the matter.

Her eyes were light as she looked upon her husband. He was her solid rock. But beyond that, she felt lucky to have him in her life. And it didnt hurt that she found him irresistible. She closed her eyes and inhaled his scent. It made her weak in the knees. Gently, she leaned forward and kissed him.