The Aerandir and the search for the Black Moon (ORP)

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Tuvoria

Re: The Aerandir and the search for the Black Moon (ORP)

Post by Tuvoria »

Just as Tuv yelled out and led his forces in a the charge, he saw Marcus look towards the harbor and slightly pause. Tuv took that to mean that Jim and the Armada he was leading had now engaged the Red Claw fleet. Tuv smiled as the two forces were now running full speed at each other. He and Marcus were charging directly at each other. As they narrowed the distance, Tuv noticed a couple volleys of flaming arrows coming from behind him. He could hear that several had hit their mark. As the gap narrowed Marcus began to shift into his were nature and Tuv could see clearly his fangs and his claws. Not to mention the blood lust rising in Marcus's eyes. Tuv knew that Marcus would aim high to strike at his face and neck. Tuv used this to his advantage. Just as Marcus was about to leap for his attack, Tuv went into a rolling slide and as he came up behind Marcus he continued the roll and sliced, like using a giant pair of scissors, across the back of Marcus's knees. Both swords hit their mark and Dragonsbane bit deep into the right knee of Marcus. Tuv was sure that the leg was nearly severed, Marcus managed to get a slight cut into Tuv's left upper arm. Tuv shook it off as he popped up and quickly went into a defensive posture as the battle was fully engaged. He lost his sight of Marcus as he sliced and diced his way through the Red Claw horde. His duel blades becoming a whirling flash of steel as the Elven Sword Master displayed his skill.
In a brief respite during the battle, Tuv glanced towards the harbor. Jim and the fleet and fully engaged the enemy ships and from what he could see all of the Red Claw vessels were either sinking or where heavily engulfed in flames. Turning his attention back to the battle at hand, Tuv and about a dozen men under his command and gotten behind the Red Claw lines. They now turned back and began attacking the Red Claws from behind. The men he had amassed where winning the battle. The fate of the battle all but sealed. Sensing what was happening, many of the Red Claws were seeking to abandon the battlefield and risk the flames. Tuv and those close to him began to cut these changelings down as Tuv sought out Marcus in an attempt to end things on that area of this conflict.
As much as he looked, Tuv could not locate Marcus. Within 2 hours of the battle starting, it was over. The Red Claw fleet was destroyed. The ground forces routed. All in all only 40 Red Claw soldiers and sailors were left alive. They were chained together and handed over to forces belonging to the Viceroy of Muria who had just arrived on the scene. The rest of the Red Claws lay strewn about the meadow or floating in the harbor, either already dead or mortally wounded.
Despite all of this, Marcus and 3 members of his ground force command team could not be found. Tuv knew they could not have gotten far. He knew beyond a doubt that at the very least he had severed both hamstrings of Marcus, more than likely severing completly the left knee of Marcus. Even if he was able to regenerate completely, it would be hours, if not days, before the changeling would be able to walk effectively. Tuv put that thought away for now as he cleaned his weapons and but them back in their scabbards, grabbed his bow and quiver, and headed towards the woodline to find Wyllow and the twins. It was only then that he truly noticed that Marcus had managed to claw his left upper arm. Tuv paused, grabbed some water and brandy, cleaned the wound, and wrapped a tight bandage around his arm. The battle of the day had been won, a devastating blow had been dealt to the Red Claws, but until he could see the bodies of Marcus and the Command staff, he would not consider the war to be over.
When he found Wyllow, Tuv hugged her tight, kissed her and said It is over for now. It will be some time before they can do anything. Marcus was severely injured. I may have cut off one of his legs. However, he and a few of his command staff cannot be located. Lets rest for a bit and then plan our next move.
Tuv then grabbed a clean cloth and a bucket of water and began to wipe the blood and guts off his face, arms, hands, and armor as he looked out at the needless loss of life all about him. All in All off the Red Claw forces, over 300 lay dead or dying. Fortunately for his side, they had only lost 15 men. When he was cleaned up, Tuv led his forces in a brief ceremony to honor the sacrifices his troops made and had the dead prepared to be returned to their home towns to be buried amongst their friends and families. Tuv ordered the guards to remain posted and he sent out scouts to survey the areas about. He knew Marcus was still out there somewhere and he would not rest until he fully knew the fate of Marcus and this misguided war he found himself in.

Thanks to Teide for the banner
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

The battle was long over, the dead honored, and the forces assembled under Tuv's command where preparing to return home. None of his scouts had been able to locate Marcus or any of his Command team that had survived and fled. This still concerned Tuv. Until he could physically see the dead body, he had to assume his enemy was still alive, hidden somewhere, and trying to recover. Moreover, the mysterious ship, believed to belong to the Red Claws, The Black Moon, was not with the rest of the fleet at the battle. Too many questions remained for Tuv to be at peace and comfortable.
Tuv and Jim had sat down and discussed in detail the events of the battle and what each felt worked and didn't work. Jim too was concerned that the supposed flag ship of the Red Claw fleet was absent from this battle. Both men agreed that the pride and hubris of Marcus and his Command team played a huge role in the defeat of the Red Claws here. Both also agreed, that Marcus would not make that mistake again. Jim agreed to take the Aerandir and with any vessels that wished to stay, sail east around the horn of New Fulleria and scout the coastal waters looking for the Black Moon as they eventually would head towards Navy Island.
Tuv, Wyl, the twins, and any who wished to journey with them would head to the Southeast towards Leesburg and eventually onto Widu, Cork, and finally towards Bravia City. Then Tuv would journey down to Paz to meet up with Jim and determine what they would do next based on what each found and any Intel that was gleaned.
But that was for the morning. Tonight there would be a bonfire, dancing, and music as Tuv had decided to let those that came with him this far
celebrate the hard fought victory they had achieved.

Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

It had been days now since the route of the Red Claw forces in the Northern Wilderness. Tuv and his small band had been trying to find some answers as to the true fate of Marcus and the location of the mysterious vessel, The Black Moon. Nothing substantial had been found on either front. In fact it seemed to Tuv that all activity and Intel regarding the Red Claws had gone silent. The hadn't heard, nor seen, anything in regards to them since about a day after the great battle. The not knowing was troublesome to an extent as far as Tuv was concerned. Not knowing, as far as he was concerned, meant that Marcus was still alive and still a threat. Tuv's mood improved a little bit as they rounded the hill and looked down on the town of Widu. Tuv was looking forward to the idea of some spiced rum with orange juice to help him relax. While this adventure had been good as far as trade went, the unfinished business with Marcus and the Red Claws seemed to put a damper on things for him. He smiled at Wyl and said let us go find a place to just rest and see if we can't visit some old friends while we are here.

FirstmateJim

Post by FirstmateJim »

The days seemed to be running together now for Jim. It had been several days since the defeat of the Red Claw Navy. The Aerandir still had two fast frigates sailing with her. They were about to round the horn of New Fulleria and head south back to Bravian waters.[ Jim was concerned that the Red Claw flagship, the Black Moon, had escaped and not been found. As much as he enjoyed the relative peace the last few days, he wanted answers. They all did. Jim knew it was just a matter of time. Until then he continued to keep the crew on alert and ready for action./color]
MarcusRedClaw

Post by MarcusRedClaw »

Marcus found himself in a dark foggy haze, pain still tormenting his body. He tried to move, but quickly found he couldn't. Panic was about to set in when he heard his chief aide, Que'llian, say don't worry Master. We are aboard the Dark Moon. Kielien, our magic wielder cloaked our escape from the field of battle and put you into a magic sleep state to heal. I am sorry Master, but the Elf severed one leg and severely damaged the tendons in the other. Our shaman, healers, and magic wielders have been working to see if they can restore them. It may be some time before you are able to walk again. Kielien has also keep us hidden from the Elf's naval fleet as we have sailed north beyond the known regions. We shall get our revenge soon enough. Until then heal, my Lord. Marcus was filled with rage at these words. Somehow the elf had gotten the better of him, outplayed him, crippled him, and still had his Queen. All that he could do was let out a loud blood curling howl. A howl that seemed to roll over the frigid waters of the north for several leagues.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv had been back in Bravia City for just over a week. Thoughts of the road, Marcus, and the Red Claws had long since passed from his thoughts. He was quite content having spent much of the time in his workshop, visiting his store, reconnecting with the local army, and spending time with Wyl and his twin boys. Life was perfect for all he knew. Even the rumors, gossip, and intel reports concerning the Black Moon, Marcus, and the Red Claws had faded to nothing. All of that was about to change. As Tuv was finishing up the work on a Spruce longbow, he heard a knock on his door. A young lad pardoned himself for the interruption and handed a letter to Tuv. Tuv gave the lad a silver piece as he took the letter. He noticed it had come through the church networks. Curious he opened it. He was surprised by the writing, but he knew who it was right away. It wasn't signed and the language was old but he knew who it was from. He held the letter up to see if anything else was visible but all he saw was:
gabh fois fhad 's is urrainn dhut Elf. Lorgaidh mi gu h-aithghearr thu agus gabhaidh mi mo dhìoghaltas agus na tha againn..
Tuv folded up the letter, secured his workshop and headed quickly towards his home with Wyl. Once there he showed her the letter saying, Marcus is still alive. Looks like our peaceful days may be short, my love.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

The letter shook her to her core. She let out a sight and looked up at her husband. Her hand shook. She felt near tears. Does this say what I think it does? Why cant he just stop? She had seen Elvish words before, though she only caught certain bits. "rest ... Elf. I ... you .... my revenge ... ours."

She leaned close to her husband and hugged him, needing to feel relief in his strength. She then stepped back, shaking her head. I can't live every day in fear. Ive too much to do.

Turning on her heel, she went to tend to the boys. She needed to get to her workshop later to see how Gabriel was doing in getting needed products onto the market. Holes had crept up and she didn't like that.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv held Wyl tight as she leaned into him. He knew she feared for not only their safety, but for the safety of their sons as well. He also felt her concerns as well. "I echo your thoughts my love. I fear the Red Claws leadership is controlled by the dark demons at the deep end of the evil spectrum. It seems hatred, domination, and revenge are all they know."Tuv paused and looked out the window before he walked over to it resting his hands on the window sill. "Unless he ran into issues, Jim and the Aerandir should be reaching Navy Island in about a week. I am considering heading there to meet not only with him, but with the Ancient Luana as well. As long as the Black Moon and Marcus remain out there, I feel we will never know true peace. I want to grow old peacefully with you as we watch the boys grow up. I hate the thought of having to go back to a military mindset and to hunt them down, however my love, I fear that is the fate that the Mages have laid out for at least me."Tuv continued to stare out the window for a bit as he pondered all that had occurred over the last year. He had finally gotten all that he had ever dreamed of, a lovely caring wife, and two happy content babies. Life was good, with the exception of this evil that seemed to want to overcome and dominate them. Turning around and trying to give a smile of hope, Tuv grabbed the letter, wadded it up, and tossed it into the fire burning in the hearth, before he went to help his bride with the twins. For now, as far as he was concerned, fate and destiny could wait.

Wyllow

Post by Wyllow »

As they came together to get the twins ready, she spoke after some time. When do you leave for Navy Island? She asked gently, in a way that stated that she could not go. She had made promises to Council since their return. I think I will take the boys with me today, and let them get all dusted in flour at the shop.

She smiled over at Tuvoria at the thought, then placed a comforting hand on his forearm. Her eyes warmed a bit. We will get through this. If we have to end it ourselves, it will come and we will deal with it. Together. Please. I worry that you would take this on all on your own. I can't afford to lose you. My heart couldn't survive that.

With the words spoken, she stood and brushed a lock of hair out of his eyes and smiled warmly. I think a nice roast for supper tonight. What do you think? She grinned playfully before spinning away, leaving him in charge of both children. She would return fairly quickly after gathering up most she would need for their supper, as it would cook nearly all day. As it turns out, it wouldn't be a full day at the bakery.
Tuvoria

Post by Tuvoria »

Tuv looked at Wyl as she spoke and tried to spin away. He fully understand what she was saying and her concerns. He felt them as well. I am not sure when or if I will head towards Navy Island. Maybe on Monday. If I do go it will be just a few days. There, a day or two in Navy Island, and then back. I don't want to head out and go on a hunt for now. I am not willing or wanting to leave you here by yourself while I am away. Now do you want to have the boys covered in flour or in sawdust? A good roast sounds great. Maybe add some oranges or apples with it, I have some left for our trip. Tuv watched with joy as Wyl spun out of his reach and went to the boys. The last thing he wanted to do is to put his family at risk or in danger. He finally had all that he wanted, except for the peace and freedom from this old evil that seemed to be plaguing them. He knew the commitment that Wyl had made to the VR and he supported her for that. He felt that perhaps the delay would be a good thing and allow them to find out more info on where the Black Moon and Marcus both are hiding. Feeling playful, Tuv grabbed a cup of water and went to sneak up on his wife and splash her with the water.