[RP] Cannibal At your Service My Master

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Bediverius

[RP] Cannibal At your Service My Master

Post by Bediverius »

10 Years Ago

Bediverius was his name, or that was what he had been told. Bediverius was but a word to him and he had no interest in the meaning behind it. He did not know many words that people had called him...monster, cannibal, deathbringer to name just a few he could remember. Words that had no meaning but left him with a slight numbness everytime they were thrown. He wiped the blood from his face and stood up from the corpse he had feasted upon. He licked his lips and his shadow loomed over the man who was now missing a large portion of his chest. He looked around and saw nobody had been awakened by his feasting. He grinned as he hopped onto the roof of the nearby building and darted away...all was well until he heard the scream of the woman. He cursed under his breath as he assumed the wife had found the body of her husband. He hurried away to escape before the militia arrived however...Bediverius was not so lucky. The buildings across the town lit up in an instant and the sound of people awakening reached his ears. He panicked as he thought that this may be the last in his spree of feasting. Twelve people he had murdered had consumed within three weeks in this town, before that it was fourty in the next town over and thirty three in the town before that.. He refocued back on the current situation and looked down to the streets below. He was dazed by the brightness eminating from the buildings. He stopped in his tracks and shielded his eyes from the light which would cost him his life...he heard further screams and his name was shouted a few times..he couldn't see who was shouting but before he knew it he felt a sharp pain eminate from his abdomen...he looked down to see an arrow the length of his arm embedded in his body and as he looked up the last thing he saw was a second arrow heading for his face...and then nothingness.

The town rejoiced as they saw the murdering cannibal fall from the rooftops and plummet to the ground below three stories down. Their monster had been slain and the evil had been vanquished! They rejoiced for many days after that for they were no longer scared of the things that went bump in the night.
Xavier

Re: [RP] Cannibal At your Service My Master

Post by Xavier »

Present Day

Xavier sat upon the floor which was covered in ash and bones in the darkness which almost threatened to consume the life that inhabited him albeit very little to begin with. He had transformed in these last few months from a man whom looked human and into that which truly looked undead...his skin was gray and disappearing at an alarming rate. His face was already rotten and grayed and on top of this his jaw bone was now clearly visible...his eyes glowed green and his hands were almost skeletal. He sighed at the inconvinience that this placed upon him..Wolfy could barely look upon him and he needed time to build up his strength. He had completed the ritual in which he had almost tripled his power not many night ago and now he felt it surging through his body. It felt like he had a direct connection to the land of the undead and drew from it's limitless supply of power...Xavier knew it was not true but liked to think that it was. He uttered a prayer in the forgotten language of his village and placed his hand in the middle of the floor where the ritual pattern was laid out. He would not normally have the power but whilst he had such a large supply he thought he would take advantage of it. He needed to recover but one may take his place and protect his body whilst he slumbered until he would awaken infinitely more powerful still. He chanted some more prayers as the ash began to glow and than hover in midair before slowly moving towards the middle of the room. The bones and ash collided with each other and melded until they became one. He surged his power through his arm and onto the circle without fail and soon enough there was a large rumble as a body began to take shape. He looked up and his eyes flashed green as his chants became louder until he felt the body was complete upon which he removed his hand and felt his body shoot back into the wall due to the forces at work...He looked through the smoke and dust to see a human male, skin as white as silk, sitting in front of him...Xavier thought he had failed in his attempt but when he saw the man turn to him and Xavier saw those yellow eyes flash to life an evil grin appeared across his face. He stood and walked over to the man. What is your name?

The man coughed and spluttered but a word weakly came out the man's mouth... Bediverius...master.
Bediverius

Post by Bediverius »

Bediverius coughed and spluttered as he felt his insides churn...the last thing he remembered was an arrow going through his mouth and chest...he was trying to take in his surrounding when he heard a voice ask him his name...Bediverius did not bother to answer yet found that without his own force of will he had responded and not only that but called this man master...what was going on here. His eyes glared upon the man he had so brazenly called master and when he looked upon him he inwardly gasped at the sight...the man's flesh was gray and skin and muscle were visibly missing from parts of his face and hands...Bediverius was a skilled murderer and a cannibal at that so was accustomed to the sight of flesh but even that made in involuntarily gag. He stood and found his body was encased in a black substance...he felt it hardening over his body encasing itself around him until it was rock solid...yet he could still move freely as if nothing was there. He saw the man conjour some more words and Bediverius found that a metal in the form of chains wrap itself around his body and finally a pair of daggars appear in his hands. He looke at them and saw the detail in them and grinned...a fine pair of daggars..all the better to kill this man with. He lunged at him, well he tried to anyway, as he found instead his feet firmly planted on the floor...why was his body not listening to him...He cursed his body... Bediverius...you are probably alive in there somewhere screaming or wondering why you cannot move...I have control of you body...you will do everything I say when I say it without fail...to fail me means returning to the world of the damned... Xavier flashed an image of a horrific world of damnation and torture. Now...I am going to release my hold over you and if you make even an attempt at my life...you will be taking a trip...if you obey me I promise you all the feasts you want...hehe Bedverius did not want to go back to that world...he could not remember being there in the first place so could not really be afraid but the concept of endless feasts caught his attention...if this man could provide him with the bodies of humans he so readily wanted...then he would accept him as a master...for now at least. Whatever you say master.. He felt the bonds released and he unsheathed the daggars before bowing infront of the man in the most eloquent fashion. Bediverius at your service master, cannibal extrordinarre. How may I be of service?
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier was cautious as he unsheathed the daggars but saw the man bow before him and he grinned maliciously. He moved over to the edge of the room and brought him some clothes...he was his first living minion...he would need a name for these living undead that had their own mind...what would he call them...Xavier pondered this for a few moments which was long enough to catch Bediverius' attention.. Master? Is there anything I can do for you? Xavier waved his hand to the door and turned his head slightly to face Bediverius. For now...go and get accustomed to your new life here...I do noy know when you last saw the world but it may be very different to the world you remember...try not to kill anyone...try... Xavier giggled manically and turned with his arms in the air and one eye glowing bright red. Go Bediverius! Now!
Wolfmist

Post by Wolfmist »

Wolfmist was beginning his day anew, although shaken and could barely concentrate on the mundane tasks at hand. If he wasn't careful, the needle would punch through his wrist and leather needles seemed a bit too deadly for his liking. Making the last stitch, he turned the outfit around on its makeshift mannequin. A leather waistcoat with black cape and metal fastenings for mail and armour, it was a fine battle dress fit for a mage, adapted for archery, riding or long cold wet marches if the mage wished. It was too big for Wolfmist, but that wasn't the point - this was just part of his learning curve as a tailor. He looked around his shop, proud of his scrap of life that the stars had decided to give him.

Tidying up, he found several needles he had forgotten to put away and placed them in his sleeve for now in neat rows and a cotton reel fixed to his belt by a simple piece of string. Outside around the back, a cow lowed in response to Grimwing's attempts to extract milk and horses snorted, all taking their role in the farm which doubled up as the King's Stables. Wolfmist smiled as he finally relaxed behind his shop table, pleased to see a clean uncluttered surface at long last. Then his eyes fell on the small notebook.

It wasn't much different from the others which contained volumes of order details and invoices, but it was a darker shade of green and seemed to give the impression that it was very heavy even though there was no visible or obvious evidence to say so. Wolfmist batted it away with a flinch but it hardly moved too far away, it was still within easy reach. Diverting his attention to the kettle out back, he forgot about it only to give a growl when he saw it again, his cup of herbal tea nearly ready to be hurled at the book.

Grumbling, Wolfmist sat down then began sipping his tea, eyes locked on the notebook. With a tut he finally gave in to the nagging sensation and retrieved the book, flicking through the page with cold determination. Inside were complete diagrams of symbols and rituals, each page displaying only one each and very clearly defined. Wolfmist had drawn them all after the last experiment which went oddly to plan but had taught him more than he could ever wish to know about magic. It was a dangerous beast, not simply a tool. It was alive, well and fully concious of every movement of everything and everyone. It was the luck of the gambler, the sod's law of the missing sock, that peculiar force that always seems to be present just before you realise you have stepped in a dog's dropping or you realise you've walked into a lamp post just before your nose squishes against it.

But's its more than that. It was a mother, a father, a brother or a sister. Its a friend when you need it most and the neighbour who gives you a cup of tea when you least expect it yet need it most. It's also a judge, jury and prosecutor when it comes to your heart, mind and soul, it's free beyond the will of any man or creature and its vast, so incredibly vast it stretches out beyond the limits of the multi-verse of physics and imagination and still reappears as the dust in your bedroom closet.

A fickle thing; Wolfmist had learned that it was just simpler, for everyone involved and not, if magic was just left alone and not meddled with. And yet here he was reading this book yet again. He knew he was going to pay for it and he also knew that he wouldn't know when or where he would pay for it. He had tried to burn the book but he didn't realise that his drawings inside seemed to protect the book from harm and had the habit of reappearing by his side whenever he wasn't busy or just least expected it, kinda like a stray dog that had begun to like him. But without the slobbery tongue or wagging tail.

Reading on he found a diagram that wasn't completed yet. It was some kind of necromancy circle designed for returning something. Wolfmist traced the path of the cycles with his finger, muttering calculations under his breath when he absent-mindedly reached for his quill and began jotting in the symbols he worked out were missing like a person filling in a crossword with a feverish bout of "know-it-all-ism." No sooner than he finished the last symbol did he realise what he had been doing and threw the book aside and threw the quill into its ink holder with freakish accuracy. Determined to think about something else, he walked to the shop window with his cup of tea and looked out, sipping gently.

He watched people passing by, going about their business. One even stopped by to ask about a pair of boots and paid, leaving with a smile and a present for his father. But as the man left, Wolfmist spotted another person with a mysterious gait about his stride, a feverish expression on the... face... Wolfmist recognised the type instantly. Looking around he then noticed the notebook sat neatly on a nearby shelf as if it had been there for weeks. Leaving the tea on the shelf replacing the book, he walked out of the shop and locked it behind him, turning the sign to "closed."

He approached Bediverius in the street and showed the first blank page to the stranger. Keeping the book facing the work of necromancy, the book fluttered pages by itself and stopped. Without looking at it (as Wolfmist's spells tended to work on the beholder rather than an unclear spoken target) he tapped the Symbol of Return.

Below Bediverius a black circle grew with red translucent fingers stretching out from it amid an eerie wailing and swirling of a hot, foul, sulphurous wind. Shocked, Wolfmist withdrew his finger and looked at the symbol he had just tapped and stared as he realised it was the one he had only just completed. Paling, he looked up at Bediverius and said five simple words.

"I am so so sorry."