Strange Awakenings

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Wolfmist

Re: Strange Awakenings

Post by Wolfmist »

Wolfmist took a step back and raised his hands, supposedly trying to guard himself from the strange light of the fog and yet tried to peep beyond his hands at the creation. He wasn't sure if he should respond but looking at Xavier he seemed to be in control.

"I... er... Wolfy... sir."

He wasn't sure how else to continue so he let them continue, looking at Xavier now and again for any sign of instruction.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier looked over the ghostly figure and chuckled. How many years has it been? I remember you when you were but a pup. tis a pity that the undead do not age...I see many people die...many I do not care for but seeing a friend die is never fun. Xavier looked at Estevao before feeling a ghostly hand try to hit him, passing through his head. He looked up to see estevao's face contorted in anger. You sod! Your the one that got me killed! You and your experiments! grrr. Xavier looked at Estevao and turned to Wolfy. He clicked his fingers and the man disappeared, Xavier hearing his angry screams as he was sucked back into the world of the dead. So...Wolfy? Still question my knowledge of necromancy? Xavier ruffled his hair and gave an almost happy smile that still was filled with evil.
Wolfmist

Post by Wolfmist »

Wolfmist shook his head as he sank to his knees, wondering where the shade was sent back to. "You... killed... that man, didn't you?" Wolfmist stared at the remains of the outlined pattern on the floor. "Why would you call your own victims back?"
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier looked at the boy and turned away hiding the smile upon his face as he thought of killing that man.. It was to prove a point Wolfy..you must learn about the harsh reality of necromancy if you ever wish to tame it's power. Xavier walked away into town leaving the boy there. Wolfy, I will be back later, I have things to attend to for now. Stay here. Xavier probably had left to get something in town but now he could only think about finding a body and eating it or even killing a person...he grinned as he walked into the dark.
Wolfmist

Post by Wolfmist »

Wolfmist shook his head. He looked up to make his opinion about his remark known, but before he could argue Xavier left him.

Wolfmist wasn't sure what to do. He looked at the markings on the floor and let his eyes drift around the circles and runes and various lines criss-crossing each other. Then he came upon the marking that they had argued about earlier and a thought occurred to him.

Looking over his shoulder, to check that his master was truly gone, he carefully stepped across the patterns so as not to disturb them except for one, rubbing it out with his hand so that it became a smear. He used the soil underneath to scrub it out of the diagram totally and used the salt from his waist pouch to draw in the rune he had in his mind.

Then, as a thought to give extra power to the symbol - he figured he would need the help since he was only a weakling compared to Xavier - he drew the symbols of air, earth, fire and water on each side to the diagram. Oddly the ground seemed to hum under his feet as he drew the final line that linked the last outer cycle of the diagram to the rest of it.

Wolfmist was nervous about the humming - it seemed like a taught string that he could pluck like a guitar string, only if he merely touched his little finger he felt that he might blow up the city rather than strike up a pleasant musical chord...

He looked around again, really nervous to the point he was sweating about this decision. It was hope really that was driving him now, hope that Xavier wouldn't catch him and hope that this idea would work and hope that he really could actually pull this off whether or not the results would be a posthumous award.

Sitting in a cross-legged meditation position on one of the diagram's side, he consulted the book once more to try and revise the reading Xavier had tried to teach him. But he couldn't seem to wrap his tongue around the words this time. Xavier would probably try to literally beat the words into his head next time - that is, if there was a next time.

Saying a silent prayer in his mind that this wouldn't go wrong - which was quite easy to do judging from the pictures in the Necromancy book - he made up his mind and fixed his wish into the forefront of his mind very clearly and spoke it.

"To see the man haunting my dreams."

With a gasp he cleared his mind and stretched out his hands. He cleared his mind to listen to the throbbing of power that seemed to emanate from the extravagant diagram. His fingers hovered a millimetre from the nearest blade of salted grass...
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Many hours passed and the the day ended and with it came the birth of a new day and with it a sunny morning, not a cloud in the sky. Wolfie had continued his experimenting with the Necromantic Book whilst Xavier had descended into the town in the night and had found himself a good beggar to drain the blood from. When the morning did arrive...nothing was out of place.