[RP]Aingeal's Journey

Moderator: Community Team

Project LVI

Re: [RP]Aingeal's Journey

Post by Project LVI »

As they spend their time eating very quietly he notices her studious look occasionally cast upon him and smiles each time before they both soon finished their meal
Aingeal wrote:
I think you for the hospitality sir

Now may I know who I have had the pleasure of imposing on?
"Of course, your most welcome Aingeal..."

He trails off a bit then smiles

"... I have no name... but I used to be called "Mr. 56" or just "56". As of late however I have been called King LVI more than anything. I am the King of Fenia, and it is a pleasure to have you here."

He smiles brightly at her now
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Project LVI wrote: "... I have no name... but I used to be called "Mr. 56" or just "56". As of late however I have been called King LVI more than anything. I am the King of Fenia, and it is a pleasure to have you here."
The glass almost slipped from her fingers as Aingeal heard the last line. King? she thought to herself, setting the glass carefully back on the table, to keep herself from dropping it. Reaching a shakey hand up to run through her hair nervously, she cast her look down at her empty plate in front of her.

My thanks then your Majesty, she said softly. Never in her common life had she been in the presence of a ruler, let along a King, and she was now both self conscious and a bit nervous. Looking back up at him, she pasted a smile on her face.

Now that I am recovered, perhaps it's time for me to find a spot to call my own, and build a new life here. There wasn't much for me where I was before, so I can see this as a new start. Satisfied that she was handling herself well, she picked up her juice again, noticing her hand wasn't trembling any more, and took another drink with a smile.
Mother to Amara, Wife to Anessen, Guard of Fenia
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

Aingeal wrote:My thanks then your Majesty
Aingeal wrote:Now that I am recovered, perhaps it's time for me to find a spot to call my own, and build a new life here. There wasn't much for me where I was before, so I can see this as a new start.
"Your most welcome Aingeal."

He smiles sweetly before hearing she might leave... in all honesty it was a bit lonely at times, and even though she was sleeping most the time he enjoyed having a guest... he frowns a little

"Well... you don't... have to leave really... I am moving to my Castle, in Imperius and I would like to offer you a room to stay their if and when you would like."

He smiles
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Project LVI wrote: "Well... you don't... have to leave really... I am moving to my Castle, in Imperius and I would like to offer you a room to stay their if and when you would like."
Aingeal looked up at him with the offer, seeing the smile on his face. She toyed with the ends of her hair, weighing the options. Feeling the bag tied at her waist, it was light. Not many coins in there to do much more than eat. She didn't have a home, she didn't have family.... Aingeal sighed a bit outloud, toying with the fork on the empty plate. Stealing a glace up she say in his eyes the offer was genuine, there wasn't a hint of anything untowards in his look.

She knew she was young, but she wasn't stupid. Weighing out her options a bit more, she knew the decision she had to make. Taking a deep breath she looked up at him, drawing herself upright in her chair. I don't have much to my name, and other than my skill with a blade I don't have much in the way of skills. I would gladly accept a room your Majesty, and would offer the use of my skills with a blade to serve. It's all I can offer, but seems like a grand adventure to me.

Aingeal smiled at him, glad to maybe have some place in the world, and would do what she could to prove herself usefull.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

Aingeal wrote:I don't have much to my name, and other than my skill with a blade I don't have much in the way of skills. I would gladly accept a room your Majesty, and would offer the use of my skills with a blade to serve. It's all I can offer, but seems like a grand adventure to me.
He smiles ear to ear

"Great! Erm... we do... leave soon though... as in... tomorrow morning..."

He puckers his lips while he thinks

"I don't have anything here really... why I planned on leaving so soon... you do not mind do you?"
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

Hearing him say something about leaving tomorrow she smiled. Well, considering I have naught but a few things in my satchel, leaving isn't an difficult task. Finishing her drink, she placed the glass on the table with a smile. Tomorrow is as good as day as any to start a journey, she said with a smile.

Standing she stacked her plates and silver, picking up her glass and heading around to do the same with the Kings dishes. I can at least help with these, Aingeal said, carefully balancing so she didn't drop anything on him. So if you'll excuse me your Highness, I will at least make myself a bit useful, she said with a smile.

Following the sound of kitchen noises, she found the kitchen without much trouble, asking where she could help. A stern woman gave her a look, told her she was a guest, and showed her the door. Giggling slightly, Aingeal headed back out the way she came, taking in her surroundings.

Getting a bit lost, she finally found her way back to the staircase, and went back to her room. Sitting crosslegged on the bed, she pulled out the various items, checking her inventory. Meager means, she thought to herself, as she looked over the contents. A few Freznics, a couple tunics and pants. A old worn book that she ran her fingers lovingly over. A journel her mother started before her birth, that she continued once she could hold a quill. Picking it up she settled back on the bed and turned the pages, letting the memories wash over her.
Aingeal

Post by Aingeal »

~~a week later~~

The following week, Aingeal made her way through the market. The move to Imperius from Widu went off without too much trouble, Aingeal was starting to feel at home in the castle. The rooms she occupied were good for her needs, and she managed to secure a bit of land on the outskirts to have a small field of corn. She wanted to earn her keep, and not be beholden to someone. Harvest was what brought her to the market today, looking for someone to buy her corn, and a few fruits she had picked from the orchard.

Finally finding a buyer for her wares, she browsed the other carts. There were many things to chose from, as the coins jingled in the pouch at her waist. Aingeal ran her fingers over the silk of a dress at one of the carts, marveling over the softness of the fabric. It had been so long since she donned a dress, her mother would be so ashamed. Chuckling slightly, she looked down at the tunic, breeches, and boots that was her normal attire. Functionality over practicality, Aingeal thought to herself. Dresses weren't made for climbing trees in the orchard, or working in a field.

Taking a last wistful look at the dress, she went on to the next cart, her eyes lighting up. Books lined the cart, some of the titles she recognized from when she was younger, titles her father had read to her. Stories about Princess and towers and heroes, Aingeal smiled at the memories. Finding one of her favorites among the spines, she pulled it out and handed over the coins to the vendor. Walking past the cart with the dresses, she looked once more, shaking her head. Maybe next time... she thought to herself.

Walking through the orchard to get back to the castle, Aingeal snagged a plump orange off a low branch and continued walking. Entering back into the castle walls, Aingeal found a nice shade tree and sat beneath it. Peeling the orange, she popped a small section in her mouth picking up the book. Smiling as she opened it, she began to read, getting lost in the world of princesses and fairies.