[CRP] Act II - And 'Tis Time For Her to Meet... The "Family"

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Telsa Ribbontassle

Re: [CRP] Act II - And 'Tis Time For Her to Meet... The "Fam

Post by Telsa Ribbontassle »

Telsa blinked. The Oath? The King, in making her his squire had been discussing what Knighthood truly means. She knew at that moment that in making the oath she would be in a way wed to Fenia and her King. In her previous Kingdom, she had merely been a guard, first of a town and then later of a King. But she had never been asked to dedicate herself in such a way. She didn't think it would come so soon.

She knew this was not something to done lightly, and a small vain part of her heart quailed that it would be said here alone on the battlefield and not by the throne before witnesses. But as she knelt in the middle of a battleground covered with her own blood, her Kings, and the blood of those they have slain together, she knew there could be no more fitting time or place.

With a sharp breath she stated:
"I, Telsa Ribbontassle, dedicate my life to the service of King Project LVI. I pledge my dedication, loyalty, and fidelity to the King, to bear arms in his name and on Fenia's behalf. To protect all he oversees, and to do so with honor. I pledge to follow the Code of the Knights, and to reflect both my training and my Kingdom at all times. I swear this before my goddess and my King."

This was not in fact the Oath exactly as he taught her. She knew she was taking a liberty here and there but it meant the same and reflected what she knew to be true.

She brought her fist up to her heart and lifted a hand to remove her hat...the hat she had already lost at some point on the field. She dropped it quickly and bowed her head instead before her King.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

"Telsa Ribbontassle.."

He moves the flat side of the sword to touch her right should

"I now Knight thee, the first member of the Knights of Fenia.."

Now to touch her left shoulder

".. and more importantly..."

The King pauses to quickly, within seconds, scan the area in his eye sight

".. The First Knight of Nine. Rise Telsa Ribbontassle, First Knight of Nine."

He smiles
Telsa Ribbontassle

Telsa couldn't help it. Even in the solemnity of the moment her head jerked up at the King's words. A Knight of the Nine? The First Knight of Nine? She knew this meant she was a Knight, but...

She shook her head. Obviously his majesty had taken one to many blows. Perhaps had there been even more blood loss then she had suspected?

While she had been told to rise, she continued to kneel. Though she did a quick scan to check for any approaching threats.
"Majesty.." She began. "..a Knight of the Nine..." Her eyes softened a bit as she met His. "Really?"
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

"Yes..."

The King turns back to look out at the battlefield

"When you first introduced yourself to me I felt that you..."

He tilts his head a little in thought

"... could be trusted? In all honesty I am unsure... but I knew even then that you only wish the best for your King and for my Kingdom."

He sheathes his sword, and completely changes the subject without thought

"What are your honest thoughts on these creatures Telsa? I am interested in the opinions and conclusions of one without the previous knowledge that I had before coming here and since you are the only one to witness them..."

He trails off, sure she understands
Telsa Ribbontassle

Telsa takes a deep breath, a small twinge of pain crossing her features. She gets to her feet, her moment over. The new mantle of responsibility and honor doesn't weigh heavily yet.

She notes that the King wishes to push the Knighting to one side, the act done. She looks over the creatures still fighting.

"Majesty, I am nearly 40 years old. For more then 25 of those years I have been adventuring, or living in a major city with creatures from all over. I have fought vampires, I have fought with centaurs, and my senior officer was a FireKin." A brief tug of memory threatened to carry her for a moment, but she quashed it.

"But ..these..." She looks back at him, solidly. "You are definitely one of a kind, your majesty. I can't say much for the Royal Family though."
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

He chuckles

"They are quite interesting. I didn't meet the frog last time I was here..."

He looks around a bit, making half an effort to look for the frog, before giving up on that particular endeavor

"Initially my first memories were of hitting the ground from some... unknown elevation before being found by someone."

He chuckled

"By Melusine."

He reaches with his left hand to the back of his neck, pushing aside his hair to feel for something

"I was never given a name though. This brand was my only clue. LVI... a specimen? No. A sort of Project for someone. Why though? Why all these creatures here? And even more importantly... who or what was sacrificed in making these creatures?"

He looks out in the battlefield, his new allies have pretty much chased off the remainder of the hostile creatures, he looks at the darkness that covers the field. The dark substance that was the blood for him and the other "experiments" and then down to his body, his right arm, covered in his own... and then some others... it all looked the same

"Who all..."

The King trails off again

"I... do not mean to..."

He pauses..

"I was hoping for all of my answers."
Last edited by Project LVI on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telsa Ribbontassle

Telsa chuckles, her tone a bit raspy.

"Majesty, there may have been a purpose..a reason for your creation. A plan even. You were designed. Even if you never find out what that purpose is it still makes you one step ahead of us poor bastards who were just born."

Telsa notes that those creatures who had fought on the side of the King had more or less routed the rest.

"We all make our own lives, majesty. No matter who or what engineered our arrival here." She smirks a bit wryly. "You can't say you've done badly for yourself, highness."

She looks him over. "Now, is there anything else you need to speak with, or kill here? If not I think we'd best get clear of all this."
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

Wishing he could allow himself to go further he barely contains himself and whispers, mainly to himself

"Not if you have to stand and witness part of your past... had a few glimpses of your future."
Telsa Ribbontassle wrote: "Now, is there anything else you need to speak with, or kill here? If not I think we'd best get clear of all this."
"No."

He whistles for his horse as he looks around, they were mostly alone now

"Nothing else is here. For now."
Telsa Ribbontassle

Telsa opens a small belt pouch and pulls out the rolled up carpet. She unrolls it with a skilled hand and kneels on one knee, on it. The carpet rises to neatly height with his horse.

"Whenever you're ready, your highness."

Her mind swirled around everything that happened on this trip, and she shelved most of it away. Later there would be time to review, time to catch up. She ignored her injuries for the moment, they hurt but they would not kill her.

She worried over not only King Project LVI's wounds, but also over his mind. Something told her that this trip answered questions for him that she may never even learn how to ask.