Baptism of the Priest in training...

Moderator: Community Team

Zachrin

Baptism of the Priest in training...

Post by Zachrin »

A page comes up and delivers a note to madzcat
"Madzcat, you are hereby summoned for your baptism. Please make haste to come by the orchard for the ceremony."
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau
madkcat

Re: Baptism of the Priest in training...

Post by madkcat »

He tried not to chuckle at the Great Mages page, handing him a note with his name spelled incorrectly. Changing to clean robes, Madkcat went towards the Orchard, where he would complete the first step in his training to become a priest of the faith.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Hearing of brother Mad preparing for the final leg she moves to be in the distance quietly watching his baptism pleased to see this one facing the Mage for the next step just as she had done. He was nearly as quiet as she now. Perhaps she felt a sense of comfort in such. Smiling quietly she watched in support.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

Bowing his head towards him, he smiled.

"The path you are taking today is an important journey. It is but one among many. Do not enter lightly as you will be a role model for others to follow the Faith."

Zachrin waves a hand revealing a potion in it.

"Do you understand the commitment that you are about to start?"
madkcat

Post by madkcat »

Mad looked at the potion, the color of his eyes swirling in color to match the motion of the potion. His ears curled and twitched, one towards molly, the other towards the great mage.

"Do you understand the commitment that you are about to start?"

I spoke for the first time in Paz, the town I would serve. My fur stood on end, as a purring growl of words came from my Felidae form.

"I now reiterate my vow of humility unto the great mages:

In the creation of all things, we were created equally. Over time things have changed, but as a priest I vow to treats other as they wish to be treated and better as I can. I vow never to brag of my service. I vow to humbly help when opportunities are presented me and it is found sound for me to lend my aide.

I now present you the Vow of Love - Love is in the center of the teaching of Mucaz. Love is pure, Love is King, and Love is knowing the difference between saying something and respecting other's opinions. Just because someone is wrong doesn't mean one should shove it down one's throat."

My body leans itself to a crouching position, tense as if ready to pounce on prey being hunted.

"This I vow, this day. This my honor, my humility, my pride, my all."

I lower my head and bare my neck to the Great mage, my ears falling flat to my skull.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

Zachrin smiles and pulls out a second potion. One was clear. The other was a bubbling green potion.

"In my hands, I have two potions.

The clear potion represents the appearance of many to be clear without any blemishes, but lacking any zeal, energy, or desire to improve.

The other potion represents your life in the future if you embrace the path of the Faith. You will always strive to improve, full of energy to do what is right, and the promise of your vows.

These potions should not be drank lightly. For once you have chosen the path, you have admitted your wholehearted decision to accept the Faith. Walking away from what you know to be right is the path to inner destruction.

I give you your choice. Pick your potion and drink."
madkcat

Post by madkcat »

His eyes shifted again, darting back and forth, focusing on both bottles, and neither. One eye swirled the clear gray chaos of peace and lethargic ambition. One eye swirled in green and thunder, the order of trials that would make him more than what he was.

His body crouched, his ears twitching, his fur flying in the energy of the moment.

Such was his path, such was his decision.

Crouching on all fours now, his face falling closer and closer to the Terra Firma, his tail wrapped itself around the bottles, tracing and stirring the contents within. Finally, it wrapped itself around the neck of the green potion, bringing it down to the Terra Firma. His chin raised, his mouth curled open, to accept this potion, this chaos, this choice, this order.

First a drop, bubbling like to a boil, but cool as a winter stream. Then a sip, deep as an ocean, yet not a mouthful. A purr of contentment flowed from his being as the last of the potion disappeared between his lips, his path chosen, his faith demonstrated.
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

Zachrin smiled at the choice. Watching him drink, he rested upon his staff. It glowed green and watched as a green aura surrounded him for a moment.

"By the power of the Mages, I hereby declare you to be a follower of the faith. May your days be blessed and your path clear. You are also a special convert as you are the first of this new generation in this town to have taken this step. You will not be the last. I, hereby charge you with the Temple of Paz. Serve her well and she will give you bountiful children in the faith."

He bows his head making a circular motion with his staff in the air. A red fire emerged and slowly disappeared