A Gypsy arrives in Paz

Moderator: Community Team

Finwe

Re: A Gypsy arrives in Paz

Post by Finwe »

Finwe smiled as he heard Willows answer and he headed off into the night to find his way back to Paz. He spent most of that night figuring out just what they would do tomorrow . . . he obviously hadn't planned this out very well, he hadn't even asked what Willow was interested in. Laying in bed feeling completely raking his brain he finally gives up on the notion of getting inspiration.

The next morning Finwe woke early and headed out of town to walk around the woods a bit before heading back to the lake to meet up with Willow. He approaches her camp, hoping she'll be there. Luckily she is and Max begins barking as he draws closer. Going up to the dog he pats before saying hello to Willow . . . he had always been more comfortable around animals then people. Hello Willow :), he says as he notices she is making sandwiches. Finwe is half tempted to ask for one now, but decides to wait. I've got to admit, Willow, I didn't really have a plan for today, he laughs. I guess I just wanted an excuse to come back down here, he says with a grin. There is a hill that looks out over the lake and town we can all hike up to if you're interested. Or I have a canoe we can take out on the lake. I'll let you pick, he pauses waiting for an answer.

(OOC: sorry, busy week IRL . . . haven't been able to post as much as I'd like, thanks for putting up with me, lol)
Willow

Post by Willow »

While Willow was making sandwiches, Max starts barking and then runs up to Finwe all excited. Finwe pats him and he puts his paws up on his chest for more.

Willow had glanced up and saw it was Finwe coming, she smiled and then called out careful that he doesn't bowl you over. She finishes the sandwiches and wraps them up for later. She smiles when Finwe and Max arrive. Would you like some toasted bread?
There is a hill that looks out over the lake and town we can all hike up to if you're interested. Or I have a canoe we can take out on the lake. I'll let you pick
Willow has a think and then decides that Max needs a run. Can we do the hike today? Max needs a run and it would be nice to see what the views are like up there.

(OCC Thats cool - IRL I have a busy few week too so I won't be posting a lot either. I will be on retreat for some of the hols too. I'm having fun posting with you, so I hope we can post before and after - when we have a chance that is :). I found the tavern - hope to see you there one day too .)
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Finwe is still playing around with Max as he takes the piece of told that Willow offers him. He munches on it as he waits for Willow's reply.
Can we do the hike today?
Sounds good to me he says as he helps Willow pack up the sandwiches for the hike. Seeing that they're ready they move off out of the clearing and into the woods. It was beginning to get overcast, but he hoped the weather would hold long enough for them to get to a small shelter he kept for hunting on the hill that overlooked the town of Paz.

As they begin the trip he grabs a dead stick and throws it up the trail a little for Max to run after. Finwe then turns to Willow, I'm glad you don't mind being out here in nature. It can get a little stuffy for me in town. He paused for a bit as they continue walking. Getting nervous at the long pauses in conversation he turns to her again. Willow you'll have to forgive me, I'm not the best at conversation, I hope I'm not too simple for you. I've lived a life of solitude out here before the Town of Paz was found on my doorstep. I don't know why I decided to stop and talk to you when I could have just walked around your camp, but I feel more at ease around you then anyone else I've met in Paz. He said it all faster then he intended and feeling a little sheepish he looks out into the woods.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Finwe helps Willow pack for the hike. Once done, they head off out of the clearing towards the woods. Willow glanced up at the sky, and wondered what the weather would do but she hoped Finwe would know whether to head off or not.

She laughed when she saw Finwe toss a stick for Max. And he bounded off after it, to return for another go. You started that :lol:

I'm happy to get out in the woods, it nice to hear the birds and other animals. I guess I prefer the woods rather than a noisy town too. Willow smiled at her friend Finwe, it was nice to be able to chat with someone that cared to spend time with her. Its fun spending time with you and I'm happy that you stopped to chat with me. I see Max has returned for more stick tossing. Willow takes the stick and tosses it for Max, and he runs off after it happily.

Willow looks at Finwe and smiles at him :D.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Finwe laughed as Willow teased him about playing with Max. He threw the stick even further down the trail and watched Max run after it. He was happy that he had Willow to talk to . . . friends in his past life has been few and brief. Willow I . . . he started to feel raindrops . . . I . . . think we should find some shelter he says as he grabs her hand and starts leading her quickly up the trail. As he hurries up the trail he half yells I have a shelter up a little ways we can wait out the storm there and have lunch.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow smiled at Max getting excited over the chasing stick game, that Finwe was playing with him. When suddenly, Willow felt something land on her head. She looked up and felt her head for a tell-tale bird poop but there was nothing there just a slight wetness.

Suddenly her other hand was grabbed and she was pulled in a direction and nearly losing balance called out it fright. Max leaving his stick ran back to protect her.
I have a shelter up a little ways we can wait out the storm there and have lunch.
Max starts barking at Finwe, unsure why his new friend was upsetting his mistress. Its alright Max she calls to him, come here boy. And Finwe, Willow and Max run to find the shelter before the storm hits them.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Finwe, Willow and Max were racing up the trail to the shelter (the one Finwe knew about).

The storm was coming closer and closer. In the distance, Willow heard thunder and lightening. She tried counting to see if it was getting closer and with everything flash it was closing in on them. The rain was also getting heavier too and Willow hoped that the shelter was nearby before they were soaked.

She tried yelling to Finwe over the noise of the storm Is the shelter nearby?
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

He hadn't meant to startle Willow as he grabbed her hand and guided her threw the woods. Finwe had a small encampment up ahead that he used while hunting. He also noticed flashes of lightning and heard the roar of thunder. Veering off the trail he heads into the thick of the woods to the spot where his shelter is.

All he can do is stare at the pile of scattered branches and logs as he realizes his shelter has been destroyed either by the weather or by an animal. Just standing there for a bit he Max runs up and half jumps on him and gets him soaked even more. Embarrassingly he turns to Willow . . . Well . . . here's the shelter. He feels bad that he just drove her through the forest like a mad man for no reason. Sorry about that too he says, too much woodsmen in me . . . kind of just ran for shelter without thinking. At a loss as for what to do now he just pats Max a little to calm him down.
Willow

Post by Willow »

Finwe and Willow arrive at a pile of scattered branches and logs. She stared at it wondering why they had stopped until Finwe says
Well . . . here's the shelter
, looking very embarrassed. Willow looks at Finwe and then the shelter again and says oh okay, don't worry about it, is there anything else we can use around here? :)
Max runs up and half jumps on him and gets him soaked
Willow giggles when Max comes flying up and wets them more. Max, I will have to teach you some manners trying not to laugh too much.

The weather was getting rougher, while Finwe was looking at the shelter that wasn't, Willow looked around to see if there was anything that they could use for a shelter. As she was searching the area, she came across a cave hidden behind some bushes. She turned to call out to Finwe and Max when suddenly she fell over something and called out in fright.
Finwe

Post by Finwe »

Finwe starts looking around for some solution to the problem. He wasn't very used to being caught off guard like this. He doesn't even notice Willow running off at first. Not being able to hear her well over the storm he has no clue why she's running. Suddenly he sees her trip over something. He rushes over as quickly as he can and sees that her leg got caught in a couple branches. Max is barking all the while as he gets her ankle out. He examines her ankle a bit and can't tell if anything is wrong with it. Can you walk? he asks as he scans the area and sees the cave she was probably running to. He looks back at her waiting for an answer.