Baptism of Xavier

Moderator: Community Team

Molly

Baptism of Xavier

Post by Molly »

A short note is delivered...
“Xavier of the faith you are here by summoned for your baptism. Please prepare and come to the orchard.”
Xavier

Re: Baptism of Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier received the message early that morning. The morning dew still hung in the air and on the plants. As he walked out of town and into the orchard he was hit was an almost cooling but somehow humid pressure of air. It was a pleasent feeling that reminded him of when he was still alive...of what little he could remember. It did not matter...it was not what he was here for. He walked through the orchard until he spotted Molly waiting there for him.

Greetings...priestess. I am here...now let us get this over with...
Molly

Post by Molly »

With hands clenched Molly bows her head towards him, and she smiled.

"Xavier, the path you are taking today is an important journey. It is but one among many. Do not enter lightly as you will be a role model for others to follow the Faith."

Molly turns over a hand while opening it. Revealing a potion in it.

"Do you understand the commitment that you are about to start?"
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

yes.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Molly smiles turning over her second hand revealing a second potion. One was clear. The other was a bubbling green potion.

"In my hands, I have two potions.

The clear potion represents the appearance of many to be clear without any blemishes, but lacking any zeal, energy, or desire to improve.

The other potion represents your life in the future if you embrace the path of the Faith. You will always strive to improve, full of energy to do what is right, and the promise of your vows.

These potions should not be drank lightly. For once you have chosen the path, you have admitted your wholehearted decision to accept the Faith. Walking away from what you know to be right is the path to inner destruction.

I give you your choice. Xavier, pick your potion and drink it."
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier stares at the two potions and thinks deeply for a second. He knew what he was doing. He took the non clear potion and drank it whole. He looked back at the priestess without expression.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Molly smiled at Xavier's choice. Watching as he drank. It glowed green and she watched as a green aura surrounded Xavier for a moment.

"Xavier by the power of the Mages, I hereby declare you to be a follower of the faith. May your days be blessed and your path clear."

Molly bows her head making a circular motion with her staff in the air. A red fire emerged and slowly disappeared.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier looked at the pretty display...how pleasent. The baptism was finished. He wasa priest....I hate that word..it sounds too cuddly.

thank you priestess, if that is all then I shall return to my lodgings on the edge of town.
Molly

Post by Molly »

Nods softly to Zavier leaning on her shaft. Watching him return to his home before returning to her duties.