Zyrk & Yvyrm Sightings

Moderator: Community Team

Idra

Zyrk & Yvyrm Sightings

Post by Idra »

In passing, you saw Dyvybyypmxnk (Jul 27, 1651 at 5:00 am)
28 Jul 1651: During your scouting expedition, you noticed 1 Zyrk.
Creatures of Imperius, it seems that we have Zyrk inside the city walls. Be sure to scout for Zyrk & Yvrym daily (you can scout 2 times per day and each scouting session does not count as a daily action). If you spot one of these mythical beasts, please post your findings here.

It is important to scout and hunt these creatures as they are dangerous to our cities. They destroy the walls and steal items from our markets.
Auron

Re: Zyrk & Yvyrm Sightings

Post by Auron »

I was under the belief that Zyrk are good creatures.
"During your scouting expedition, you noticed 1 Zyrk."
Orakio

Post by Orakio »

That's correct, Yvyrm are dangerous while Zyrk are benevolent.

I'm not sure if yvyrm hunting will also put you at risk for killing zyrk because there's no way to differentiate in your fight options -- but I do believe Zachrin said Zyrk hunting was not activated yet.
Seavsen

Post by Seavsen »

While Zyrk are preferred over Yvrym, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. We definitely want to be alert for the yvrym and hunt them down over zyrk. At the same time, I worry that we would have issues of another kind with too many zyrk running around.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

What is Zyrk? What good it does for us anyway? I've met one in Fenia City and was ready to kill this little pest...
Auron

Post by Auron »

These creatures are said to roam the lands buying items from markets, repairing mines, fight Yvyrms and other positive behavior. While some would argue that they shouldn't be eliminated.... some simply think that helpful creatures like this should be eliminated. Don't worry, for those with more sinister thoughts, your time to eliminate them will come
And you are telling the people to hunt these helpful creatures?
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

I was of the understanding that Zyrk were good creatures to have around as they make purchases off the market, help maintain mines and other "positive" things? Although people are able to hunt Zyrk if they so wish, I'm not sure I'd be inclined on specifically encouraging everyone to hunt them. Yvrm on the other hand, are definately to be hunted. They are a danger and a menace as they steal off the markets and they do things to undermined general stability of civilization.
Rohnar

Post by Rohnar »

During your scouting expedition, you noticed 1 Zyrk.
Orakio

Post by Orakio »

While the Zyrk are benevolent, it is to be determined just how benevolent. What I mean is, exactly how many things will they be buying form town markets? We are not yet in a position where it is good when our markets clear: we need creatures to consider the mines instead of always needing to produce more goods. So while outside of Fenia City and Imperius, we will always be glad to see Zyrk -- we shall see exactly how they impact the dynamic of our actual towns.

It is the yvyrm which need to be called, however.
Seavsen

Post by Seavsen »

That was my point Your Majesty. Too much of a good thing CAN be bad.