So many jobs!

Moderator: Community Team

Lizbet

So many jobs!

Post by Lizbet »

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there are a LOT of jobs on the town job board right now. I have had my veggie field job up for the past 3 days and no-one has taken it. I have put it up for the same wage I always put it up for, which is 19 freznics, and it has always gotten snapped up within the day before.

So, my question is, what has changed? Why is it that jobs are staying up for longer than usual? Where has everyone gone if not to the fields? Are there a lot of people travelling right now? Are there a lot of people chopping for the TH? Has the county somehow managed to convince lots of people to work in the mine?
Michael

Re: So many jobs!

Post by Michael »

I have noticed this as well and to answer your questions.

what has changed? Why is it that jobs are staying up for longer than usual?
There are currently 60 People in the Town At the Moment
2 Are Visitors (1 in retreat)
7 Are in Retreat (1 is a Visitor)
6 are Dead
=15 Inactive users
We are left with 45 citizens in the town. Most who have 2 fields each. Most are hiring at competitive prices.
The jobs are staying up longer because there are other ways to earn more money in a day.

Where has everyone gone if not to the fields? there a lot of people travelling right now?
They are either chopping Wood, Working in there profession, Working the mines, Studying in a the University or teaching a class in the University.
Since we are the Capital the castle is located in our Town so the castle Provides defenders Jobs (Pay = 20f)
The Town Hall also Hires People to protect the Town Hall (Pay = 20f)

Are there a lot of people chopping for the TH?
I have recruited 6 people to chop Wood for the Town, Fenia City and the VR. There are others who chop wood because it is a guaranteed sell to the Town Hall. So they are cutting for money and the Town Hall Benefits as well.

Has the county somehow managed to convince lots of people to work in the mine?
Yes and No The wage of 1 days work in the Iron mine is 19f so you can see your dilemma if you have job posted for only 19f.

Conclusion
As you can see from the information I have given you. You are competing against the Other citizens, The Town Hall, The Castle and the Mines. If you want your fields worked you will have to increase the amount of wages you pay for a days work. At the moment this is the only solution.
What we need to do as a community is attract more active players to our Town, Imperius. This will give us a bigger labor force and jobs will be less likely to stand for days without being taken.
balerion

Post by balerion »

Attract more. This makes me laugh. Have you not heard of the great exodus?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

Gee Dragon, you turn up in the oddest places with your.."helpful" interjections...Unfortunately, Michael is correct, there is more jobs over all and positions where labour is needed than there are people available to fill the positions. This is even with people choosing not to use their fields as well as people not even owning fields. I must admit, I haven't worked a field in a rather long time so have not looked at the board to see how it sits.
Michael, how many days a week does each person chop for you? The ones you specifically asked? Would it possible to get them to alternate in some manner so that they are available to take more of the field jobs? I've found that doing a variety of jobs is far more interesting than doing the same thing all the time :p
Michael

Post by Michael »

They chop whenever they want to. All the people i have chopping wood for the town are level 1's. They don't need to study yet and they post there own jobs for someone to work their field. But it all comes down to the Money. Cutting wood is more profitable then working a field. Working in the town/castle militia is more profitable then working a field. Thats why i recommend if you would like your fields worked, that you increase your wages for a days work. Until we attract more active people to Imperius this is the best solution.
tigerlily

Post by tigerlily »

I have been doing studies or teaching so haven't taken a job in a while.

But if it helps I could do some field jobs once in a while.