João's Candidacy for Mayor

Moderator: Community Team

Joao

João's Candidacy for Mayor

Post by Joao »

Greetings fellow Bravians. I am João Borda d’água, current Viceroy of Bravia. I helped co-ordinate efforts to remove Xavier from office when he decided it was to his advantage to steal from the Towne Hall treasury. I, just like the rest of you, was duped by his treacherous motives. I come before you to ask for your support to become the next Mayor of Bravia Towne. I was the mayor prior to Xavier being elected. I wish to take on that responsibility again. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the hard working citizens of Bravia Towne. I present before you all the ideas I will implement if I am elected as mayor.

Towne Council
I will make sure that we have an active Towne Council of at least 5 people (mayor, mentor and three other towne citizens). The towne council will make sure there is a maintained Towne Corpus that details all the laws of Bravia Towne.

Towne Mentor
Never at any time, should one person be BOTH Mayor and Mentor. There needs to be some oversight. The Towne Mentor will have access to the logs showing the transactions between the town hall and individual players. This will show any evidence of impropriety done by the Mayor. This will prevent a reoccurrence of what happened while Xavier was mayor. I would like to go ahead and suggest Xenina as a possible Towne Mentor if I am elected.

Openness
The mayor needs to provide more insightful updates on the progress of the towne. The citizens should be aware of how the town is doing financially, economically and infrastructure-wise. It is the duty of the Mayor to keep the citizenry of Bravia Towne knowledgable as to what is happening in their towne.

First Viceregal Bank of Bravia Towne
Under my leadership, I will implement a loan system from the town hall treasury to help citzens either reach the next level, or possibly obtain a second field. We will also consider loans for players to switch professions to better help both the town and the Viceroyalty.

I thank you all for your consideration during this dark time of betrayal in Bravia Towne. I hope you will entrust in me the duty of being a trustworthy and responsible mayor, to help all of us grow.
Xenina

Re: João's Candidacy for Mayor

Post by Xenina »

Thank you Joao. I would be happy to serve. I would also like to see those interested in politics post here, so that we can get you on a Towne Council, which could be your first step into politics. ;)

Anyone?
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

First Viceregal Bank of Bravia Towne
Under my leadership, I will implement a loan system from the town hall treasury to help citzens either reach the next level, or possibly obtain a second field. We will also consider loans for players to switch professions to better help both the town and the Viceroyalty.

Too late! I already did that. You will find my calculations on previous pages and that was always a truthful implementation. So could you please call it Second Viceregal Bank of Bravia Towne. :roll:
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

The blue man stole your idea, Xavier. And there's no law against it, so I trust you understand João can call it whatever he wants :D

João, you made me feel at home when I first moved here, cold and with blistered feet. Keep producing cheap meet and I'll vote for you.
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

yeah but I have some evidence that doesn't really tie into my accusations but clearly shows that I made it first! I mean I can provide screenshots galore if you wish! :D
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Screenshot? What's that?
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I don't know...it popped into my head whn I thought of the charges I was going to be putting in front of Joao...it is called Made Up! :lol: