[Closed RP] Blood and Leather

Moderator: Community Team

Chelle

[Closed RP] Blood and Leather

Post by Chelle »

Clad from foot to neck in crimson leather, Chelle was a fearsome sight to behold as she dismounted. As she handed off the reigns to a stable boy she glanced around casually. Seeing nothing that felt threatening to her, she turned without a second glance and headed to the tavern. The message she had received did not specify a location, but Chelle assumed she would be found. As the door swung open, several faces turned toward the sound. Red leather, tight braid hanging down her back, agiel in hand; there could be no doubt that a Mord-Sith stood before them. Most of the occupants of the room looked down and away swiftly, while one or two others simply blanched. Taking little notice of their reactions she simply scanned the room and strode purposefully to an empty corner table. The woman disliked having her back exposed in unfamiliar territory. After a moment, she reached into a pouch on her belt and pulled forth the letter she had received several days earlier. Frowning slightly she read over the words once more.
Sister of the Agiel,
Having discovered your whereabouts I am sending a messenger. I have taken the Fenian throne and call you to my side. There are many here who dislike me for what I am. I have need of another agiel.

~Scarlette~
Scarlette was a name she had not heard in some time. In truth, not since their training, and though they had been close neither had contacted the other even once. They were Mord-Sith, first and only. It was enough that she was a Sister of the Agiel, and one that had need of help. It struck Chelle oddly that a Mord-Sith sat the throne. Serve the throne, yes, but rule? Shrugging off the thoughts once more, she focused on what was important. Somehow Scarlette had found her and summoned her. She had answered. Now she would see if this Mord-Sith Queen would come to her, or simply summon her once more. Gripping her agiel, feeling the sweetly familiar pain, she waited.
Scarlette

Re: [Closed RP] Blood and Leather

Post by Scarlette »

The day was dry and growing colder as the wind picked up slightly through the trees of the forest. The underbrush crunched beneath Scarlette's boots as she made her way through the forest, a lone figure shrouded in brown and blending in slightly with the trees.

As she walked she occasionally gripped her agiel tightly, the familiarity of the pain an instant balm. She had set off as soon as a messenger had rushed into her offices, the place she chose to spend much of her time of late rather than sitting in silk in that silly excuse for a bedchamber, and alerted her that a Mord Sith had been seen in town. So finally her sister had arrived.

For many reasons this would be an interesting meeting. It had been long since she had seen Chelle, since their training and while they had been close it was not their way to "keep in touch". But since Scarlette's arrival in Fenia, some things had changed in her. However she would never admit she had grown softer. Her purpose as a Mord Sith had never been fully realized here, those who sat the throne showing a general disinterest in her and the protection she had to offer them and her loyalty to those greedy Lords hoping to take the throne waned quickly. But she had grown fond of this place and so had made her own move to keep such greed and sloth from the Fenian throne. To be there and do the things that needed to be done and to lead and guide not to sit and talk about how pretty or how rich or how snobby she was as others had before her.

And now she was at the door, her blonde hair blowing slightly just at her shoulders now. Just one more thing that Chelle would no doubt be surprised about. Yes this should prove to be an interesting meeting indeed. But Scarlette learned long ago that hesitation was not an option and so she strode inside, giving slight nods to those who bowed immediately upon seeing her.
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

Several times the heavy wooden door opened and closed, announcing the arrival of another customer. Each time it did so, Chelle glanced that way. At long last her eyes found the sight they were seeking. The blonde Mord Sith looked vaguely familiar, and yet not at the same time. Brown leather replaced the red most common while about their business; her blonde hair was loose rather braided in the traditional manner; and there was something about her eyes... the fierce and deadly glare that came so naturally to their kind was suspiciously missing. After a long analytical moment, Chelle decided that this person, this blonde woman, was in fact an imposter. A stupid imposter who knew nothing of their kind and just happened to look slightly similar to her Sister of the Agiel.

Without hesitation she jumped from her chair and within seconds was inches from the woman's face, agiel hovering in front of her face. "Who are you? What have you done with Scarlette?" she growled in her most threatening tone. One wrong move on the imposter's part and she would feel a pain unlike any other.
Scarlette

Post by Scarlette »

Scarlette narrowed her eyes and growled at the agiel in her face, a bit irritated she'd not been prepared for such. Her own agiel moved quickly to deflect the other, though admittedly a touch from an agiel was not so large a threat for the Mord Sith. Narrowing her eyes into a cold glare she faced the woman. While she spoke softly, the menace was clear in her voice. Many of the tavern goers while having become more accustomed and tolerant to Scarlette's presence, nevertheless moved as far away from the two Mord Sith as possible.

"The next time I find your agiel in my face it will shortly after be found around my wrist."

She knew the meaning of her words would be quite clear to a fellow sister.

"As always your speed is unmatched...Chelle."
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

It did not take long for Scarlette to convince Chelle that she was, in fact, who she claimed to be. The clear threat in her tone and the very words she spoke were evidence enough. A Mord Sith could take the agiel belonging to another if she killed it's owner, but only a Mord Sith would be aware of that. Instantly she dropped hers to her side. It would cause little pain to a Sister of the Agiel, so the threat was pointless anyway.

Relaxing just slightly, she inclined her head respectfully. "Apologies, sister. I was... caught off guard by your -" she paused and gestured to Scarlette before continuing, "appearance. I had to be sure you were you. Stranger things have happened."

She turned and glanced back, jerking her head toward the quiet corner she had been occupying. Chelle sat and then made her inquiry, after making sure curious ears would not hear what was not meant for them. "Your message quite disturbed me. I would not have come unless I thought the need was dire. Are you in danger?" The question sounded ridiculous to her, for there was little that could threaten a Mord Sith. Those that commanded magic were lost should they raise that magic against one, and even those that did not possess magic could rarely best the agiel. However, as she had said, stranger things had happened, and perhaps there was some threat here that escaped her knowledge. Or perhaps Scarlette simply had need of an agiel at her back, where instead there might have been a dagger. Whatever the reason, Chelle would determine if it was reason enough for her to leave her self-imposed seclusion and return to the world of blood and leather.
Scarlette

Post by Scarlette »

Those in the tavern seemed to breath a collective sigh of relief as it seemed there would be no agiels flying after all, though they remained wary as usual. Here was not just an agiel weilding Mord Sith now but a Queen. Scarlette listened to Chelle's words though her eyes consistently took in the things going on in her environment. She didn't want to let herself be surprised again and was unsure if Chelle brought anyone with her, though it seemed if she had they were not here. Her eyes slid slowly back to Chelle's.

"Indeed...strange things happen all the time. Danger? No more than usual I suspect. I have longed for some time to see the skills of the Mord Sith to once again be used rather than wasted away in solitude. As Queen... I have the power to bring that about. I will be dedicating a section of the dungeons to such...endeavors. I had thought you would appreciate such an offer."

Her eyes continued to look into Chelle's as she paused for a response.
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

Chelle had been in a self imposed seclusion for some time, it was true. It was also true that she had missed having a purpose. She had served no king or queen for... many years now. She turned her agiel over in her hands as she was prone to do when her mind was full of deep thoughts; it helped her to focus her mind.
"Yes. I will return. I will stand by your side, Sister, and at your back. With my agiel guarding you, no one will dare stand against you. The dungeons will be alive with the screams and torments of your enemies, I swear it!"

She didn't know where the other Mord-Sith were, and truth be told, it was troubling that they all seemed to be missing. Perhaps it was time to return. Perhaps it was time to begin a new Order of the Mord-Sith. All it would take would be a likely candidate, of the correct aptitude. She would have to broach the subject with Scarlette, though perhaps another time. It might even have to be done in secret, for the last thing needed was an uprising against her Queen. Common people did not understand the ways of the Mord-Sith, and there would be much blood if they opposed her. Their blood, mostly.