[ICNRP (in character, non RP)] Skill-building duels

Moderator: Community Team

Akantha

[ICNRP (in character, non RP)] Skill-building duels

Post by Akantha »

With the new feature of weapon's skills going down without maintenance, I am hoping some of our citizens who are interested in keeping martial skills sharp or improving beyond 75% might wish to form a sort of sparring group. With this, we would know who is willing to duel, and contact them for practice. Is anyone interested in joining? Please post weapon proficiencies equal to or greater than 75% so we know what you wish to improve.

Weapon Proficiency:
Hand to Hand: 75%

I'm currently working on Staff as well, but I prefer to improve through training for now.
Morghain

Re: Skill-building duels

Post by Morghain »

I would be interested. Perhaps we should also mention which stat range we are in so that we do not end up with entirely unsuitable match ups?

Weapon Proficiency: Dagger: 16% Sword: 76% Staff: 75% Axe: 75% (With Way Bonus: 95%) Hand to Hand: 75%

stat range: 250-500
Aithne

Post by Aithne »

Count me in for that sparring group.

Weapon Proficiency:

Dagger: 75%
Sword: 75%
Staff: 75%
Axe: 75%
Hand to Hand: 75%

I have duelled with a friend twice now.. I was wondering why there has not been any increase in my axe proficiency.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

I belive it may also have something to do with how difficult your opponant is. When I have fought people weaker or more equally skilled as me, nothing happened. But when I fought someone significantly stronger, my proficiency increased. I'm not sure whichskill range you fall into, Aithne but would you fancy an axe duel? Plain axes, basic clothes, no armour or extra accessories and to injury?
Aithne

Post by Aithne »

Ahh. My friend is weaker than me in terms of proficiency. What I found funny is that in our very first duel to first blood, I ended up killing him :lol:

An axe duel sounds good. I am not armoured or have got any accessories on. I'm up for it.
Morghain

Post by Morghain »

I shall strip off my extras and meet you at the duelling ground at sunrise :D Although should I feel bad about duelling you on your honeymoon? congratulations btw!
Aithne

Post by Aithne »

Thank you :)

I would like to apologize for not showing up at sunrise, I had a wedding to attend, as you can see ^_^
[OOC: Apologies, school wouldn't let me get back home in time to accept your challenge before reset took place]

And don't worry about duelling me on my honeymoon. I have a brand new husband to nurse me back to health should I suffer any injuries ^_^ He did promise to be with me in sickness and in health! :)
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

Minerva pays a visit and looks at everyone.
This is an ooc thread in an RP thread since this is about IG mechanics. I'll rename the title as ooc and will treat everything in this thread as ooc as well.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message.

Thank you.

Elder Minerva
Morghain

Re: [OOC Discussion] Skill-building duels

Post by Morghain »

Sorry Minerva! ohhh well done Aithne, that was the best fight ever! nicely won :D
Minerva

Re: [ICNRP (in character, non RP)] Skill-building duels

Post by Minerva »

Minerva returns to join the discussion.
After consulting the Mages and Elder team, it has been deemed that this thread is ICNRP (in character, non RP). In other words, though there is no RP in this thread, everything here will be treated in-character.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message.

Apologies for the confusion.

Elder Minerva