[RP] Thorn - Fire and Ice

Moderator: Community Team

Thorn_Bracken

Re: [RP] Thorn - Fire and Ice

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn took the King to the sitting room and guided him to a couch, sitting beside him, her hand on his arm.

I am assuming Edward is going in search of where you have been, she said slowly, looking at the King, looking for a reaction. Is it far? I am unsure what to suggest Sire. Yet I know you need to calm down a little. Sorry but panic or anything else negative will not be useful to you, and especially to Edward.

Thorn paused to catch her breath, feeling a little shaky that she was speaking thus to the King. Yet looking at him she felt he was hiding his real feelings. She could feel his panic, his fear.

Edward will be too far now for you to stop, she said gently. The best you can do for him is to be calm, plan your next action... And if you will forgive me Sire I would like you to think before you leave.

Thorn looked at him straight in the eye, her hand firmer on his arm, hoping he realised she was serious, that he was going nowhere in his current state.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

Thorn_Bracken wrote:I am assuming Edward is going in search of where you have been, she said slowly, looking at the King, looking for a reaction. Is it far? I am unsure what to suggest Sire. Yet I know you need to calm down a little. Sorry but panic or anything else negative will not be useful to you, and especially to Edward.
Thorn_Bracken wrote:Edward will be too far now for you to stop, she said gently. The best you can do for him is to be calm, plan your next action... And if you will forgive me Sire I would like you to think before you leave.
"We need to send out search parties... I must return to the castle."

He looks at Thorn as the blood continues to leak from his eye
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn sighed and nodded. She looked down a moment, and then looked back at the King. He still had blood coming from his eye and it made her stomach turn, never one to like blood normally.

OK, she said seeing the certainty in his face, and sensing that also from him. If you are determined to go then I insist you don't go alone, that I send you with a servant to the castle, and from there you can make your own arrangements to start a search. Just promise me... send word to me when you find anything, or if you need anything.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

Thorn_Bracken wrote:OK, she said seeing the certainty in his face, and sensing that also from him. If you are determined to go then I insist you don't go alone, that I send you with a servant to the castle, and from there you can make your own arrangements to start a search. Just promise me... send word to me when you find anything, or if you need anything.
The King nods

"I will... if you would excuse me Marchioness."

He takes a step backwards towards the door

"I thank you for your assistance and hospitality. You truly do have a lovely home, I hope I may stay longer with my next visit."
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

A few days later Thorn was sat in the library, her eyes looking at the finances, her mind elsewhere. She had worried about the King since his leaving the way he had, and wondered if he had found Edward. Sighing she reached for the cup of tea the maid had brought in not long since and putting down her papers sat back in her chair to rest. It was a cold day, the ground white outside, and snow still falling.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Weeks later a messenger arrived with a note for Thorn. She was busy trying to get town hall ppapers straightened out. Frustrated at being disturbed again she shouted Enter! when the maid knocked on the library door. Barely looking up as the maid came to her desk Thorn took the note, pushing her work aside. Breaking open the seal of the note Thorn read, her face going pale. Stunned she dropped the note and stared ahead. It could not be true. The person who sent this was wrong, but then looking down, picking up the note again Thorn knew the truth. Her sister was gone.

Standing up Thorn left her work and the library, climbing the stairs to her room. On entering she shut the door with a resounding thud. Going to the window seat Thorn sat down silently.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

A dark sort of mist accumulates in the corner of the bedroom before a leg steps out, soon followed by the rest of LVI. As the mist slowly dissolved he stood there as the white fabric stopped flowing at what seemed to be of it's own accord, to appear as an ordinary robe. He cleared his throat quietly

"Do excuse me for not knocking... but I'm afraid I will not be able to stay longer as I had previously hoped be..."

He blinks slowly as he senses something may be wrong after trailing off

"Marchioness... may I ask what bothers you?"

He stands still where he appeared moments before
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn was looking out the window, the silence surrounding her what she needed at that minute. Her heart was heavy, and she fought back the tears, wanting to bury the sadness. She had sat there about an hour after leaving the library, and in that time she had just sat watching fresh snow fall.

Something caused Thorn to look around, a sensation that she was not alone anymore, but no sounds to indicate someone had entered her room. Turning she saw a dark mist and Thorn started in her seat, wondering what magic it could be. She saw a man step out from the mist, wearing some robe. She did not recognise this person and opened her mouth to speak when the stranger spoke to her. He was polite, and his voice, soft. Thorn peered at him, familiar and yet... the King. Something had happened and she did not understand what, yet this 'person' was the King, she knew it as she looked at him. Yet she sensed many changes.

Sire... Thorn said, her voice shaking slightly, pausing at his question. She did not know how to start, even if he had known she had a sister... Thorn looked at him and just shook her head.
Project LVI

Post by Project LVI »

LVI stares at Thorn through half-closed eyes as he takes a few steps toward her

"Please, do tell?"

He tilts his head slightly as the words escape him and offers her a tissue with his right hand

"How may I assist you..?"

A small smile appears on his face as he attempts to cheer her up at least a tad bit. The sadness she was emitting.. he did not wish for her to feel this way
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

My sister... she has died, Thorn said finally. watching the King step towards her. We were only reunited the last few months, and now she is gone.

Thorn looked at the King unsure what more she should say. He knew nothing of her refound gift, and knew nothing of what she had been working on. Then a thought came to her.

Your visit... what is it I can do for you Sire? she asked, pushing her own loss to one side.