A Gypsy arrives in Paz

Moderator: Community Team

Willow

Re: A Gypsy arrives in Paz

Post by Willow »

As Willow slowly awoke, she heard the birds tweeting and then felt kisses on her hands and face which were quite pleasant until they got stronger and wetter. Opening her eyes, she spotted Max looking at her and guessing he needed to go outside, she jumped up and opened the door for him. Max raced outside.

Willow then turned and looked around the living area - no Adonair. She checked the house for him - no sign and then she saw the making of breakfast in the kitchen. Sitting down with some tea and toast, Willow was a bit upset that he had left without saying goodbye.

After she ate her breakfast, she cleared up the kitchen and started clearing up the living room and wondered what to do with herself today. She heard Max barking and wondered what he was doing? Willow headed to the window to see who he was barking at?
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

"good morning" Adonair kissed willow as soon as he walked through the door. "Bad news on the cheese front, Orakio doesn't have any so I just got some cheddar. Orakio's is really good though, i'm sure he'll be back in business soon." He opens the basket to let her see the things he's purchased: bread, wine, cheese and fruit. "I thought we might rent a row boat and go to the other side of the lake. I used to go there when i was young, there's a bluff and a waterfall. What do you think?"
Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow's face changed from sad :( to a smiling :) ; when she realised Adonair had just gone to the market and had returned again.

You came back ....... good morning giving him a big hug and kiss :D .
"Bad news on the cheese front, Orakio doesn't have any so I just got some cheddar. Orakio's is really good though, i'm sure he'll be back in business soon." He opens the basket to let her see the things he's purchased: bread, wine, cheese and fruit. "I thought we might rent a row boat and go to the other side of the lake. I used to go there when i was young, there's a bluff and a waterfall. What do you think?"
What a wonderful idea - it sounds lovely! :D (giving him another hug).

Can I get anything else for our trip?
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

What a wonderful idea - it sounds lovely! (giving him another hug).

Can I get anything else for our trip?

Adonair holds Willow's hands and smiles.

"Perhaps you could roll up a knife, corkscrew and wine glasses in a picnic blanket? And anything Max would need for the trip. It would be nice if we could get out before the sun gets too high. I have some magic lotion that protects against the sun, but out on the water it can still turn you quite red if you're out too long. We'll be back before sundown, unless you had other plans for part of the day, in which case we could come back directly after lunch."
Willow

Post by Willow »

Willow smiles :D at Adonair.
"Perhaps you could roll up a knife, corkscrew and wine glasses in a picnic blanket? And anything Max would need for the trip. It would be nice if we could get out before the sun gets too high. I have some magic lotion that protects against the sun, but out on the water it can still turn you quite red if you're out too long. We'll be back before sundown, unless you had other plans for part of the day, in which case we could come back directly after lunch."
Willow leaves Adonair and gathers the things Adonair mentioned plus a few others that might come in handy. When she is finished, she packs the things into her basket, rolls up a picnic blanket and decides to take some umbrellas to keep the sun off them too.

I'm ready she calls; as she returns. I don't have to come back early today, I have finished my weaving orders and I'm sure I will catch them at once stage. We have the day to ourselves :D
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

I'm ready she calls; as she returns. I don't have to come back early today, I have finished my weaving orders and I'm sure I will catch them at once stage. We have the day to ourselves

"Wonderful :) " He kisses her in celebration of this good news; he was finding a lot of 'reasons' to kiss Willow lately. They help each other with the magic lotion to prevent sunburn and set off in high spirits.

Its a short trip to the busy docks where fishermen are setting out for the day and a few fishmongers and other merchants sell their wares. It isn't long before Adonair negotiates a fee with a fellow to take a rowboat for the day.

Adonair helps Willow on and passes her the luggage; Max is next and he takes the center of the boat. Adonair gets on last and takes the oars.

"Willow, we're heading for the bluffs almost directly across from us. I'll be rowing with my back to them so you'll be navigator. Max, you be captain."

Max sat up just a little taller with his new station.

With deep, strong, slow strokes Adonair rows the boat towards the opposite shore.
Willow

Post by Willow »

It was a lovely walk to the docks. Willow watched Adonair discussing the hiring of the row boat from a fellow. While she waited, she glanced around the docks, Willow hadn't been to the docks before and she was amazed to see so many fishmongers and other merchants selling their wares.

When Adonair has finished with the fellow, he returns and helps her into the boat. The boat wobbles a bit and she hopes when Adonair gets in that it doesn't tip and throw him into the water. Adonair hands the luggage to her and she carefully stows it away. Max gets in next and Willow holds the sides of the boat so it doesn't move to much. Adonair gets into the boat, it wobbles but not enough to toss him overboard and he makes it in safely and picks up the oars.
"Willow, we're heading for the bluffs almost directly across from us. I'll be rowing with my back to them so you'll be navigator. Max, you be captain."
Alright :D , looking where he was pointing. She tries not to giggle when she sees Max sitting up taller. What a lovely day for a boat trip :D she comments. Willow looks towards the Bluff and then back at Adonair and smiles :D You are doing well - right on track.
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

Adonair had fixed two points on the shore in his mind to gauge the direction: The dock they left from and a warehouse that lined up in a vector with the bluffs. When they get out of alignment in his vision, he corrects with the oars. He had some confidence that he didn't really need to see the bluffs until they were close.

Max did a good job as captain, which is to say that he didn't do anything in particular except look handsome and leader-like.

About halfway across, Adonair pulls the oars in and stows them for a bit. Letting the boat drift, they admire the scenery.

"Paz is beautiful... but not as beautiful as you," ;) Adonair remarked, "I'd come over there and kiss you, but i'm afraid it would be a wet one -- we'd probably capsize." :P
Willow

Post by Willow »

About halfway across, Adonair pulls the oars in and stows them for a bit. Letting the boat drift, they admire the scenery.

"Paz is beautiful... but not as beautiful as you," Adonair remarked, "I'd come over there and kiss you, but i'm afraid it would be a wet one -- we'd probably capsize." :P
When Adonair stops rowing, Willow looks around the scenery and replies Yes Paz does looks beautiful and then she blushes :oops: when he says not as beautiful as you to her. She smiles at him and says thank you :lol: yes this boat is a bit wobbly for too much movement :D .

Its a beautiful sunny day with a slight breeze; which blows through Willow's hair. Its a lovely day for a boat trip, thank you for inviting me - it was a wonderful idea :D she says to Adonair.

Max watches the two of them, looking backwards and forwards (like watching a tennis match) and he wonders why they have stopped - he is sure there will be tons of sticks to chase on the shore.
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

After a few minutes, Adonair flexes his fingers (they are beginning to stiffen).

"What be yer orders cap'n?" he asks in his best pirate accent. When nothing happens he adds, "that's you Max, whaddya wanna do boy?"

Max barked once, hoping it was the right thing. He wasn't so sure about being leader if it meant making all these decisions.

Adonair stirred to a flurry of activity, "Low'r the mizzenmast! raise the oars! hard to starboard! then full ahead! aye-aye sir!"

Max wasn't sure he had said all that, but he didn't have any better ideas so he just kept quiet.

Adonair steered to the right to bring the boat back to the right heading and then began heading for the opposite shore... and lunch!