PR Newsletter

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Aida

PR Newsletter

Post by Aida »

Good day, everyone, welcome to the PR newsletter for [date]! I hope to update these periodically, with things going on around the kingdom and reminders of how you can take advantage of the opportunities in Fenia for those that don't have time to individually check each place around the VR. I hope it'll be helpful, and if you have any suggestions for future installments, please feel free to write to me.

Viceroyalty
Current VR Council Members:
► Show Spoiler
VR Laws
Royal Court

Fenia City
Fenia City Town Council:
► Show Spoiler
Fenia City Bulletin Board
Fenia City Field and Workshop Directory/Item Request
Fenia City Cathedral

Fenia Buying Prices:
► Show Spoiler
Imperius
Imperius Town Council:
► Show Spoiler
Imperius Bulletin Board
Imperius Field and Workshop Directory
Imperius Cathedral

Imperius Buying Prices:
► Show Spoiler

General Update

As a general note on how the kingdom is doing, happily we have entered a period of peace and prosperity. The VR has a number of opportunities for citizens to take advantage of this, including the VR assistance program in which you can apply for financial aid to advance to the next level. In the towns, Fenia City has programs to both help you get a small boat and pay it back in fish, and a second field program to be paid back in produce. In Imperius, you should contact the mayor about opportunities for getting an axe, to be paid back in wood. All of these programs can help you advance faster and increase the productivity of the towns!

The University now has a scholarship program open! You can apply here. There are a limited number of places open so apply whilst you can.

Right now in Fenia City, you can find a place in the army with the sheriff, Constance de Vere. Fancy being a scout, or quartermaster? Now's your chance! There is now also the opportunity for you to mark your homes and businesses on Fenia City's Map, as well as opportunities for you to get involved in various guild business... perhaps even make a profit.

Recently, you might have noted, Imperius gained a new mayor. For the time being Aingeal is back in charge and things should be back to normal shortly.

RECENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcing the birth of Evangeline Rose Grimstad Winterbourne! Eva Grimstad Winterbourne was born to Princess Dahlia Winterbourne and Prince Casimir Grimstad, Count and Countess of Northpeak and Princes of the realm, this day of the 6th of February, Anno Magus 1655. Her naming ceremony and swearing of the godparents will be announced shortly.
Announcing the adoption of Dean Peterson Jones. Dean was adopted by Andrelous and CutThroatJones, and we wish them the best of luck in their future life together. Naming ceremony and swearing of the godparents to be announcing shortly in Fenia City.

And now, we go to our special correspondant, who is... also me, for this interview with one of our oldest and most esteemed members, Balerion.

1. Let's start with some introductions! Would you like to share your full name, titles or anything else people call you?

Balerion Sunspear, and currently I find myself as Priest in Imperius. Since this is a Fenian interview I should focus on that side of things, in the past I have served on the Council of King Project LVI and been mayor in both Fenia and Imperius.

2. How long have you lived in Fenia?

Over the course of my life I have lived in Fenia for a number of years, I was born Widuan.

3. What would you say the best thing about living here is?

My wife is always the best thing about wherever I live. I do however certainly appreciate that even if a good number of the faces change over the years the spirit of Fenia still burns brightly.

4. And dare I say it... the worst?

You dared, so I will too. I have recently challenged the king to reinstitute the now defunct Rite of Succession. One hasn't been held since July of 1653. That is far too long.

5. Tell us a bit about where you come from, and the kind of creature you are.

As I said I was born in Widu, and over my life have lived a little bit of everywhere. My wife and I both ruled in Bravia as either Vicerine or Viceroy for a year so I am rather politically inclined. Since returning to Fenia and being denied the right to participate in politics I have made a home for myself at the temples as deacon, priest, and even Overseer.

6. Where is your favourite place in Fenia?

My favorite place in Fenia will always be Fenia City. It was where I was first mayor, so it will always be a beacon of happiness for me.

7. Any other comment you would like to make on the VR?

The VR is doing well, but I rather think my previous comments on the state of things covers what I would like to see happen. To have an election again in Fenia is my current goal. We need our system to work for us, not against us.

8. Any current events in your, or your families lives that you would like to share?

Cathrina appears to soon be the next mayor of Imperius, and that certainly makes me proud. I am continuing to expand my guild into Fenia City, but that project will take a fair bit of time methinks. There will likely be a family picnic held in March or April, the date hasn't been set yet.

Thankyou Balerion for your interview! I'm sure we all hope we have many more eventful years with you around.

Fenia Tips 'n' Tricks Section

Did you know? Mastering the class Animal Husbandry allows you to feed your cows every other day instead of everyday

Did you know that stewards can be trained to assist you in your shop, and they gain proficiency the more they work there?

Did you know that if you're trying to buy animals, but none are in stock, you can mail the Internal Affairs Minister to breed more animals?

And lastly, for your enjoyment.

Fenia Crossword

Answers will be posted in the next edition!
Nocturne

Re: PR Newsletter

Post by Nocturne »

Stopping by to read the newest letters in the inn, Noct smiled, "Great job, Aida, especially the crosswords, and the interview, those gave me a chuckle. I am well pleased with the result." Waving, he continued through the inn, glancing at other job boards before flipping his hood over his head and slipping out the back way.
Aniel

Post by Aniel »

Greetings citizens.
It has been a while since the last PR letter was written. In this letter i would like to talk about our university, couple of happy family events and business in our viceroyalty.

As of 17 of march the library of the university of Fenia city was completed. Constance_de_vere has done exceptional job at expanding and maintaining our university, i would like to thank her for that. This makes us the only viceroyalty in Secfenia which has a complete library.

The last months include happy occasions in our viceroyalty, such as the marriage of Aida and Texas_Knight and the birth of Aingeal's daughter Amara. I give them my best wishes.

Next, i would like to talk about business. The town program in Fenia city offers you a boat in return for fish. You may contact the mayor for further assistance if you are interested in earning a boat and maybe a few freznics in return for fishing at the lake. You may also contact the mayor in Imperius to receive an axe via the Imperius town program.
The university scholarship and VR workshop/way studies grants are still running, you may still send in your applications for a studying grant.

Last but not least, i would like to update the buy/sell lists:

Sell List:
Fish @ 13.50-75
Chicken Legs @ 6.80
Steaks @ 13.95
Stone @ 6.10
Parchment @ 4
Celery @ 10
Mashed Taters @ 33
Salt @ 5
----
Buy Lists:
IMPORTS:
-Oranges 13.00 - 14.00F
-Pears 14.00 - 15.60F
-Broccoli and Celery: 6.50 - 10.00F
-Wood: 5 - 6.20F

EXPORTS:
Primary Production:
Corn: 2.50 - 3.00F
Fish: 10.95 - 13.35F
Potatoes: 6.00 - 7.00F
Wheat: 10 - 10.50F

Meals - Standard------Price:
Steaks 13 - 14.50F
Fried chicken legs 6.50F
Oatmeal cookies 10F
Loaves of bread 6F
Egg drop soups 6F
Fish sandwiches 9.40F
Klahua cake 9.50F
Steak sandwhiches 9.55F
Glasses of eggnog 9.70F

Meals - The Good Stuff-Price:
Cups of beef stew 30 F
Cups of chicken soup 30 F
Cream of broccoli 25F
Iskir berry pies 25F
Bowls of mashed taters 25F
Cheesecakes 25F
Glasses of berry milk 25 F
Tuna casseroles 30 F
Strawberry shortcakes 35 F

Brews:----------------Price:
Barrel of Mint tea 200 F
Barrel of Wine 200 F
Barrel of Ale 225 F
Barrel of Vodka 232 F
Barrel of Orange Juice 240 F
Barrel of fire whiskey 245 F
Barrel of klahlua 245 F
Barrel of fire brandy 250 F
--

That's all for this time. I wish you all a very pleasant day.
Aniel

Post by Aniel »

Greeting citizens of Fenia! Another few months has passed since the last PR letter was published.

First, i would like to inform everyone that we are currently looking for people to consider chopping wood in Imperius. Contact Balerion if you need a free axe to do so. Without wood the Dwarvish Unions complain when there is a mine collapse: Make the Dwarvish Unions happy and chop wood today!

Also i would like to inform that there are handed out free fields to immigrants who decide to move into Fenia according to Balerion. Contact him for further assistance.

Fenia city still hands out fishing contracts as well. You may contact Aida for further assistance should you be interested.

That is it for this time. I would like to wish everyone a very warm and enjoyable summer.
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

Recent Announcements:

* The Fenian Army is looking for recruits. There will be free/discounted food and free/discounted weapons, simply for your commitment to protecting Fenia upon request.
*The University of Fenia is giving out scholarship money to those who ask, at 100F at a time. Please contact the Rector, Constance_de_Vere.
* Fenia City: The Cathedral is currently paying it's Deacons a monthly wage of 100F for writing sermons.
* Fenia City: Is giving out free boats and free fields for simply committing to regular production.
* Imperius: Is giving out free axes in exchange for chopping wood and selling as Town Hall offer ONLY.

General Update:

The Viceroyalty is currenty stable & prospering, thanks to the hard work of those in VR & Town offices. Please do consider the benefits of the programmes currently on offer in the VR. Finally, we would like to welcome all new & returning citizens, & look forward to working together with you in the future.

A list of the current people running the Viceroyalty and towns:

Viceroyalty
Current VR Council Members:-
King: His Majesty King Zuan, Duke Northfenshire
Viceroy: Aida, Lady Redmoor
General: Mazork
People's Representative: Lexi
Public Prosecutor: Archadeas, Lord Windmarch
Judge: Anessen
Finance Minister: Her Grace Morghain, Duchess Imperius
Mine Minister: Jandar, Lord Whitemarch
Internal Affairs Minister: His Grace Duke_of_Earl, Duke Southfenshire
Ministers-at-Large: Aingeal, Lady Northborough
- VR Laws - Royal Court

Imperius
Imperius Town Council:
Mayor: Jandar, Lord Whitemarch
Mentor: Rfpnj
Sherriff: Lord Vulkan
Priest: Lady GracieBells
Deacon/ess: Balerion
Town Council Members:
- Town Hall Bulletin Board - Imperius Field and Workshop Directory - Imperius Cathedral

Fenia City
Fenia City Town Council:
Mayor: Aida, Lady Redmoor
Mentor: Rannek
Sherriff: Lord Bloodstone
Priest: Aida, Lady Redmoor
Deacon/ess: His Grace Duke_of_Earl; Aniel, Lady Linbridge; Lady Gemma
Town Council Members: Aida, Lady Redmoor; Constance_de_Vere, Lady Southwatch; His Grace, Duke_of_Earl, Lexi, Rannek, Lord Bloodstone, Sandy
- Fenia City Bulletin Board- Fenia City Field and Workshop Directory/Item Request - Fenia City Cathedral
Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl »

-snip, wrong thread.
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida
balerion

Post by balerion »

Is the army considering all recruits?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Aida

Post by Aida »

Yes, I hesitantly reply.

The idea is to give a leg up to newer citizens or ones that previously haven't been able to build strength though, so you might not be able to benefit too much yourself, Bal. :P

Right now I'm the one distributing to the FC Army, and I'm not sure who is taking care of that in Imperius.
balerion

Post by balerion »

I don't care about benefits, rather actual acknowledged army membership.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Vhagar

Post by Vhagar »

Announcement :

The Kingdom wide game of collecting crowns was a success and had many participants! The winner of this event was Team Imperius.

Participants:
Team Imperius

Anessan
Wagnard
Vandor
Anjolique
Kayleigh
Rfpnj
Morghain
balerion

Team Fenia City

Xylia
Eohedmada
Constance_de_Vere
Rannek
Duke_of_Earl
Myst

All participants are recognized for contributing to their towns and Kingdom and therefore honoring His Majesty, King Zuan.

The winners, the participants from Imperius will also be awarded 250 freznics apiece. To the victors go the spoils!!!

~Office of the People's Representative~
Vhagar