(CRP) Under the Lake

Moderator: Community Team

Ezekiel

(CRP) Under the Lake

Post by Ezekiel »

Waking beneath the surface at the naiad's home, the mage came to think of the various events along his path that led him to where he was no, immersed i the body of water that was one of his primary elements, and sharing space with a mystical being that was very much a part of the waters as well. As the lovely naiad opened her eyes for the new day, he ran a hand lightly through her hair and smiled. "Thank you for letting me share this with you, Eudoxia. And since I got a bit distracted by the flight over, I do believe that I owe you a story now."

He sat up, leaning back to gaze at some of the new growth around her chosen area to rest, and smiled. "I came down from North Fenia when I sensed a disturbance in the flow of energies, like something was tring to take over influence on the families within the catles. With the aid of several others, however, we remedied the situation, destroying the cursed objects and bringing back serenity to the lands. Of course, it wasn't without its drawbacks, but that tale might get a bit long and put you back to sleep as well," he laughed softly.
Eudoxia

Re: (CRP) Under the Lake

Post by Eudoxia »

Her sleep had been restful, but light. Eudoxia was keenly aware that another person shared her space. That wasn’t the part that kept her sleep light. It was the fact that the person was human, after all. She would wake nearly on the hour to make sure Zeke was still...breathing? Was the mage truly breathing under water? She couldn’t quite tell. He didn’t look dead, so she’d go back to sleep, only to repeat the cycle a short while later.

When the morning sun made its way down to the depths of the lake, she slowly woke to greet the day. Smiling softly as Zeke ran his fingers through her hair, she stretched languidly. Tiny white and purple flowers sprung up on the lake floor wherever her body moved, creating a sweet and lovely wreath around both of them. Pushing herself up onto an elbow, she rolled onto her side and listened to Zeke tell his tale, smirking a bit at his mention of a distraction on the way to the lake. Cheeks tinting slightly pink, she laughed lightly. Distraction, indeed.

She listened to his tale and found it intriguing, even wanting to know more despite his caution of it putting her to sleep. Despite her continued interest, a lingering thought kept returning. Eudoxia found it simply amazing that what appeared to be a garden-variety human could learn skills and magic to utilize the elements for their needs. She sat up, a bit excited. A new thatch of miniscule flowers popped up in her wake. Grabbing his hand, she met his gaze. “I am interested in hearing a long tale. And I don’t think I will fall asleep.” She smiled, her glance moving to the sky. Looking back at Zeke, she said, “I’d also love to hear how you came to be a mage. Is it something one is born into? Or is it a chosen path? Perhaps I could show you a favorite spot of mine on the shore and you can tell me about it. There is a large boulder in an inlet, sheltered by vines and trees. I enjoy lying on it, basking in the sun. Plus, it is quite private.” She bit on her lower lip, still a little shy at the idea that she’d need privacy with Zeke. The flowers surrounding the two revealed that while shy about it, she was most pleased with the circumstance.
Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel »

Sleep had come quite easily in the waters, though it usually did so for him when he slept in more natural places. And upon his eyes opening, finding Eudoxia beside him made it all the more of a beautiful morning in the lake, with the flowers seeming to emerge from the lake floor as if from a slumber from which her presence roused them. "Then a tale it shall be, and one that few within Secfenia know, of how this mage came to leave his home, and sought out the magic of the world around him. Well, of me. But it sounds better in third person sometimes," he grinned, quite content in opening up to the gorgeous woman and share a part of his life with such a majestic being.

Listening to her words brought a smile to his face, and nodded. "It isn't something that one is necessarily born into, as the necessary elements and parts can be worked towards if a person is diligent and has the spirit and will to make it happen. So in that way, one can be born into it as well as chosing a path, and either or works independently as well. I once taught at the mage academy in North Fenia." He rose, gently keeping her hand in his as if to help her to her feet. "I would love to see this place of which you speak, for it sounds rather beautiful, and I certainly would enjoy the private times with you, my dear." His eyes shimmered as they met hers, and he rolled his shoulders to shrug off some of the sleepiness layover, "So I will hold the story until we arrive, and it's your turn to the lead the way this time I do believe. Is there a method of fast travel that you use when in the waters, too, or does this give us a nice stroll?"
Eudoxia

Post by Eudoxia »

Looking at him as she rose to her feet, she tried to imagine him in professor's robes at a Mage academy. Her lips hooked up in a smile. The image brought forth suited him, she thought. She let the title roll off her tongue, “Professor Ezekiel. It does have a certain ring to it, doesn’t it.” Grinning a bit, she gave his hand a squeeze.

His words caused her heart to race, to say nothing of the intriguing shimmer of his eyes. She was quite taken by his attention, yet a bit floored by it as well. “A stroll is nice…” She gave him a sly smile as she tugged his hand, pulling him closer to her. As she hooked an arm around his waist, she said, ‘’...but so is having the water move us quickly.” She brought him close because, yes, she did like him there. But also because she wasn’t sure exactly how the magic worked, how the water would propel both of them forward if it was just her command it followed. Eudoxia figured having him close to her person would allow her magic to move them both at once. At least, that was the story she told herself.

Thinking of the inlet and its general direction, Eudoxia felt the water both push and pull around her body. There wasn’t much drag, so it must have been moving Zeke right along with her. She idly wondered if he were employing some of his own magic, or if it were all her own. She guided them past the deepest part of the lake, where an old fishing boat sat at the bottom, its final resting place. She pointed at it and said, “That has been here as long as I have. I looked around a little bit once, but admit I got kind of spooked. Can spectre’s live in water? I am fairly certain there is a spirit that hasn’t crossed over in that boat.” She shivered, having nothing to do with the temperature. They rushed through a school of small silver fish, unaffected by the their presence. They were, after all, quite used to Eudoxia. She giggled and winced, their tiny fins tickling the bare skin of her arms and midriff.

The lake grew more shallow as they approached the inlet. Soon, their feet touched the ground and their heads broke from the water, the brisk morning air refreshing in her lungs. Again, she used her magic that was something of a mystery to her. As the water pushed them out and onto the large boulder, she intended for the water to remain in the lake, leaving her almost completely dry.

The soft morning sun cast down on the boulder like liquid gold. Large willow trees at the water's edge created a green curtain, blocking the inlet from the view of any passerby. Not that there were many at this section of the lake. Eudoxia sat down on the boulder, stretching out, the sun warming her skin as she lay propped up on her elbows. Pressing her lips together in a pleased expression, she gave Zeke’s hand a tug, urging him to join her on the boulder. “I believe you were going to tell me a story.” She looked up at him and smiled expectantly.