[ORP] The Cork Graveyard

Moderator: Community Team

Serene

Re: [ORP] The Cork Graveyard

Post by Serene »

By watching Grazilda, Serene realized they were not coming back. She had a gravestone in her magic grant bag. Serene loved Oreo. So she got the stone out and started carving Oreo's name on it. While she did that, she talked of memories of Oreo while tears silently traced her cheeks.
"Remember when Oreo came and gave me a message? And I got to keep Oreo for a while! And my dogs Luna and Joy really liked Oreo! Oreo was so smart; he really understood me..."
Serene put lots of stars on the gravestone to show that Oreo was a wonderful dog. She poked a flower she picked while foraging next to the grave. She dragged the stone and propped it up next to Zechin's grave. She was careful not to disturb the candle. "Oh and do you remember how Oreo threw snowballs and pulled the sleigh. He was very strong! Mmm and Christmas dinner was so delicious... Oreo loved to eat!" Serene actually smiled through her tears at the happy memories. "Do you remember Queen Vctorious' coronation? Oreo... Oh Oreo why did you have to go..."
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda watched in silence while Serene produced a gravestone for Oreo. She was amazed that how her dog touched her sister's (and her sister's dogs') lives. She managed to smile while Serene talked of Oreo.

She hugged Serene after and wiped the tears from her cheeks."Let's go now. We don't want to disturb the mini-reunion of the departed."
Serene

Post by Serene »

"Okay... But I have to go to the market to get one for Noah too! I didn't know him very well but he snuck me cookies when I came looking for you... And he had a gentle loving way... And he was a good cook!" Serene extemporaneously announced as she enjoyed Grazilda's hug. "Can you help me figure out what to write on it?"
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda softly giggled when Serene said that Noah was a good cook. "Indeed he was a good cook. He's really the man behind the success of my workshop. He adds those spices to the meat that we sell and he a secret recipe for the fried chicken legs and steaks that we sold."

That tought suddenly made Grazilda hungry.

"Now, on what to write for Noah..." Grazilda pondered. "The best one for him would be:

You gave your heart to those whom you cared for and you gave your life to those that you loved.
May your memory bring life and love to those that you left.

You are finally reunited with your beloved wife.
May the after life be a bliss. "
Serene

Post by Serene »

"Oooh! So beautiful! That would be the perfect thing to write!..... But... How will that fit on the grave stone? (125 characters)"
Serene danced about and offered this possibility,

"You gave your heart and life to those whom you loved & cared for.

May your memory bring life and love to those left here."

Serene realizes she left out important information and she changed the meaning a bit. She looked to Grazilda to fix it.

" I forgot to save space for his name" Serene says with a sad sigh." I could change some more ands to & possibly. His name isn't too long."
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

Grazilda thought for some time. "You're right, Serene. It is too long. It does not fit Noah as he's a man of few words."

She wrote some words and crossed out some on her parchment. "How about this:

May your memory bring life and love to those that you left as you reunite with your beloved in the afterlife."
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene sits down and transcribes the epitaph onto the gravestone. She carefully places the stone and plants some flowers. "I will miss him."
Serene says as she pats the the dirt by the flowers.
Rieron

Post by Rieron »

Rieron went to visit the grave of the two lost souls which had become extended family members to the Dalakoi. He didn't speak any words he just watched the graves from a distance and thought to himself.
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker, Narezza, and Aeron| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

It was a fine summer day and Grazilda to spend more time outdoors.

Bored with her shop and training, she stepped out of her vardo and started walking to the tavern.

Midway, she made a quick turn as she was in no mood to interact with lots of people. She preferred one on one talk than with a crowd. Thus, she ended up in the graveyard.

"Hello there, little mutt!" She smiled at Oreo's grave.
Grazilda

Post by Grazilda »

It was way past the day of the dead.

Unable to find some plucked chickens, Grazilda went to the graveyard and proceeded to the three plots that she frequently visited.

The first plot was for Oreo, also known as The Mutt. Grazilda plucked only a few weeds as this was her daily routine. Soon, snow will cover this lot and she will revert to digging.

The second was Noah's, her cousin and steward. She deliberately neglected that plot for she still denied the reality of his death. However, she cleaned up the plot that day.

The last one was Zechin's, the most neglected plot among the three. Grazilda assumed that Teide would often visit and tend this plot, but Grazilda was mistaken. Thus, it was also tended with tender and loving care.

Tired, Grazilda took a rest beside Zechin's grave. "Are you fine there in the afterlife, Zechi? I am assuming you continued your market business deal there knowing how gifted you are. I wonder if you are hunting devils this time," she laughed.

"Business is a bit slow," she continued. "I wish I have even half of your merchant skills. Anyway, I have to go. You still owe me a lot of goods prior to your move to the next life," she winked at the grave and left.