Treasure Search

Moderator: Community Team

Ramzunius

Treasure Search

Post by Ramzunius »

Ramzunius take a hundred freznics, put the coins into the bottle, corked it, closed into small oak chest and hung the lock on it.

Then he walk around all the town, looking for good place for hide. It took some time, but one dark and cloudy night he succeded in his mission. Money hidden! Now it is the time to start the game.
Dear Bravians!

Looking at our map and seeing how many empty space is left, and how few houses and landmarks are put on it, I decided to spent some my money on it.

Just a night ago I hid 100 freznics somewhere at the town.

Any person, who like to win this prize, can participate in Treasure Search:

1. You need to have starting spot for the game.

For Bravians it is one of Your home tiles. If You do not have Your home mapped, please come to REAL-ESTATE thread and put the order (it costs nothing!).

Visitors must bring and plant at the map few trees, ponds, rocks or similar elements (available at Wesnoth's mapper). Just tell me, where are You putting it.

2. Search is done in turns. Just tell coordinates of adjacent tile and describe Your actions. Prize is located at one lucky spot, but You can find different hints and meet one of my assistants...

Use this grid (it is clickable):

Last edited by Ramzunius on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serene

Re: Treasure Search

Post by Serene »

(Couldn't get it to work from my phone. Thanks for the invite to play. If you can move her for me, Serene will start on the road tile closest to Cork as a visitor.)
Serene was skipping around the far edge of the Cork forests when she realized that she could see Bravia towne off in the distance. She could smell strawberries on the breeze. It was raining lightly as she stood looking down the road. She stood near a beautiful corkscrew willow tree. The corkscrew willow branches came close to the ground and provided sheltered shade from the rain. Serene stood on the road for a moment thinking about strawberries and then wondering if she should go under the shelter of the corkscrew willow tree.
Ramzunius

Post by Ramzunius »

((I assume, Your start tile is 8.1. Added some flora near the spot, thank You for description. For now, please choose 10 (ten!) tiles of Your choice, in Your chosen sequence, starting it from 8.1 (use grid), and then put Your actions and impressions...))

Tired peasant, dressed in ordinary clothes greeted Serene, walking home after the long day at Bravia's fields. "Treasure? Have heard nothing about it. There are some houses down the road, by the forest. Ask them, dear lady?"

Man scratched his head. "Yah, we do see lot of landmarks around all the time. Here and there you can walk into oazis, crater, campfire, volcano, pond, great tree, dead tree, mushroom groove and few kind of mountains. Impassable, snowy, regular or dry one. Was nice to met live human on my way, lady. Now need to go..."

And he walk away to his warm farmhouse nearby.

Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene looked around when she heard the peasant speak. It had startled her as she had not seen him at first. She smiled at the peasant and wondered what in the world he was talking about. Serene regularly gave peasants milling about in mobs some sweet corn, so hearing this peasant talk rather crazily about treasure she got some sweet corn out of her backpack and offers it to the peasant.
Serene stayed on the outskirts of Bravia town. She stayed in the Corkian forests on the edge. She climbed a tree and swung happily from tree to tree in a zigzag pattern over to 1.1. Serene had lived a large part of her early life in trees with her dryad sister Cassandra.
Ramzunius

Post by Ramzunius »

((You still have 10 tiles for Your next turn (use grid), but this time You can use 13 moves (3 left unused from the first time). Actually, You can move and change direction after each step, not necessary in straight lines. And thank You for good place for TC!))

At 1.1 Serene suddenly walk into the noisy and colorful crowd located around a big fireplace. It was Traveller's Caravan!

After looking around she met mute woman. Woman smiled to Serene speechless and gave her piece of parchment:
Round as an apple
Deep as a cup
All the Bitter Sea
Can't fill it up
Then woman keep motionless looking at Serene and waiting.
Last edited by Ramzunius on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serene

Post by Serene »

Serene takes the paper and reads it. "Oh no her cup must have holes in it!!!"
Serene looks about the caravan. She love the caravan quests. She smiles happily as she looks around all the excitement going on.
Ramzunius

Post by Ramzunius »

Mute woman smiles, nods and writes below the riddle:

"Tell me how this thing is called?"
Serene

Post by Serene »

"What is it called?" Serene thought a while and mused, "Well it depends on how many holes I suppose? A colander has a lot of holes but a sieve has even more holes. A net is all holes but it is floppy. But if the water is dirty it could fill all the holes up..." Serene looks at the lady and asks, "Is Bitter Sea water clean or dirty? I haven't been to the Bitter Sea. I have been to the sea by Paz."
Serene's eyes darted here and there watching everything going on in the caravan. Serene loved going to the caravan. She was looking around to see if she could find the find the bean lady. She regularly played that game. It was a favorite! Sometimes she played 21 but she didn't have the same luck as she did at the bean game.
Serene thought about sitting by the fire. She loved watching flames dance in fires. Maybe she could roast something in the fire. She was a bit hungry. She knew you could go to the exchange tent and trade silver for treats.
Serene glanced back at the mute lady.
Ramzunius

Post by Ramzunius »

Mute woman read Serenes lips, as she unintentionally whispered to herself: "...colander...sieve...".

Woman's face shined with smile, and she turned another side of riddle parchment:
Answer is: SIEVE

You got Your prize: Magical Compass! It can show You direction to Treasure, but can do it tree times only. Each of that three time You need put the compas on the flat surface and gently rub it's side...
Then woman presented her the parchment and small device, resembling weathercock. It was small arrow rotating on the needle, all covered by glass sphere. Mute woman look at Serene with some danger, like she wanted to warn her not to run all three uses too quickly, but just silently looked instead.

((Be a guest at Caravan, and do 13 steps when decide to...))
Ramzunius

Post by Ramzunius »

Day follows the night, Moon changes the Sun, and hundred of sweaty freznics lye in the dark, waiting for some inquisitive person to finally find it.