Town Hall Bulletin Board

Moderator: Community Team

Thorn_Bracken

Re: Town Hall Bulletin Board

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

I would like to call all corn farmers that the market needs you. There seems to have been no fresh corn for days. Also while looking at the market I have noticed a shortage of vegetables.

Thankyou to all the wheat farmers for the steady supply of wheat, and also to those cow ranchers producing milk. Keep up the good work.

One area that has made me look and wonder is the weavers. While I applaud your hard work I would urge caution on the over supply I can fore see.

Otherwise I just wish to thank the good people of Fenia City for their hard work. Thankyou for making our town great.

Thorn_Bracken
Marchioness of Fenia City
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

I would like to call all corn farmers to please put on the market what corn they may have spare. The corn is needed as fodder and food.
An_Elfrida

Post by An_Elfrida »

An felt a tickle in her stomach that morning after waking up. She knew it was the longest day of the year and old memories of this day begun to appear in her head. Smiling she knew what she had to do and jumped out of bed.
An got dressed and quickly walked towards the early market that was quit crowded at that time. She turned a wooden box around and climbed upon it as she had something to say to the people. An was tiny so she could only be noticed in a crowd if she stood upon something or someone. She looked around and saw a few looking back as she in an instinct begun to sing

It's a restless night amongst heathered fields
Farther green moss clings painted 'neath emerald eyes
Figures joined in chords and kinds
Fire calls to the tie that binds
The visions they rise on smoke filled rims
Parting intoned sighs, flocks flying high
'Mid links grown dim, the burning bush
Lanterns glide the fires high

I saw shadows that danced in the rolling night
Where the halo moon was riding high
To and fro near the old oak grove
'Til dawns light bright is leaping high
Bel fires light, Midsummer's night

Bonfires cross in browning grey
This shortened night lengthens day
When air lies full in hollow hills
The green host marches at suns standstill

It's a restless night amongst heathered fields
Farther green moss clings painted 'neath emerald eyes
In the blue veined sky resting visions rise
Crimson speaks to the wordless night
Where the fruit lies still in a trembling earth
The Rowan tree, Holly and Birch - Circles ring in ribbons of light
Where the moon lies full the fires arise

After she finished the song An grinned and nailed a letter to the Town hall board.

Midsummer Feast

It is time my friends to have a feast again as the longest day has arrived. Remembering the old days when we used to celebrate for fertility, burn witches or sacrifice to get a good harvest. Lets burn those Bonfire and have a celebration. All who want to help organize it please sign up. When the preparations are done, the feast will begin!

please come to the Viceregal Inn of Fenia if you are interested
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Following on from discussion elsewhere I would like to remind people that fishing will benefit all. Fish can be and has been a useful trade for our town and I am saddened at the lack of fish on our own market. At one time I was able to trade a goodly quantity every day and would like to again. So good citizens please consider fishing. Town Hall will always buy so many as long as a number are left for our town.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Looking at the market this morning I am asking butchers please can you prepare meat. There are carcasses on the market for your use. Any with chickens there is a need for more eggs, always eggs as people keep breaking them. :lol:

Also vegetable farmers please take advantage of the need for more. And fish. Again I ask for people to fish so we have intel food and trade goods.
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Lady Marchioness of Fenia City,

As a butcher, I've had to halt my production several days ago. Some changes have been made, and cutting up some steaks (10 I believe) requires 5 carcasses instead of just 1 as it used to. However the 11 cow carcasses currently in our market are still priced 90f as with the old regulations, making it impossible to continue meat production. The cost for the production of those 10 steaks would rise up to 450 (plus the knife that varies), meaning that if we butchers were to sell them making no profit at all, each steak would be at 45f or more.

I am not sure if there's some mistake in the information I handle, and if there is not, when will this situation be fixed, but until then I cant take such risks to continue producing meat that will be too expensive, or deliver great losses to my own economy.

Kind regards,
Nerevar, butcher of Fenia City.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

The carcasses on the market are now lower priced and I am assured by the King butchers can still make a profit.

As stated before the market needs steak. With the carcasses to be had surely a butcher will help?
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Lady Marchioness of Fenia City,

The carcasses have indeed been lowered, but going by current market standards it's still too high. You see, for each cow carcass, we can now produce only one steak. In a regular work day I'd use up 5 carcasses and produce 5 steaks. With cow carcasses being priced at 21f each, that translates directly to a steak priced 21f, or higher if I wish to cover for the butcher knife and make a profit as well. I doubt anyone would be interested in spending that much for each steak (unless there was a real shortage of meat in the market, but currently there's more than enough chicken legs at a much more reasonable cost).

I am sorry for taking up your time again with this issue, but between my last letter and this one, the situation remains the same: Steak production is still not viable, as it would generate a loss to at least one of the parties involved (either the cow rancher that would be selling carcasses too cheap, the butcher that would need to sell the steak cheaper than the cost to make it, or the final customer that would need to pay over 20 freznics for a single steak).

Kind regards,
Nerevar, butcher of Fenia City.
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

I had this passed to me by the Earl of Imperius so cow ranchers can see how they can reduce the price of carcasses so that overall prices can be low, and make it possible for butchers to not make a loss.

Cow Ranch:
Day 0
4 cows cost: 4 x 40 = $160.00
4 wheat x 10 = $40.00
Hire to milk: $20

Result: 8 milk

Day 1
4 wheat x 10 = $40.00
Hire to Slaughter: $20

Result: 20 carcasses and 10 hides

Total cost: $160+40+20+40+20 = $280
Goods gained:
20 carcasses x $10 = $200
10 hides x $5 = $50
8 milk x $7.5 = $60
Total gained = 200+50+60 = $310

Net gain: $310-280 = $30 every 2 days, $15 a day selling at absolute minimum prices

Nerevar I am doing my best to help all here. Give it a chance please. Work with me. And also Cow ranchers please have a look at this and see the logic of how the Earl does things. By selling at a minimum you dont lose out and still make a profit.

Thorn_Bracken,
Marchioness of Fenia City
Jason

Post by Jason »

Dear Lady Marchioness Bracken,

I am not sure how much this means to you but I have put 9 Cow Carcasses on the market for approximately 10.95 Freznics, 10 Freznics is the lowest amount it can be. I am unknown if this will and how it will assist the economy, if it does not I understand but for future reference I would like to know if lower prices for Cow Carcasses on the Town Market will reflect the town economy in any type of way. I am awfully curious about this.

I have a concern which revolves around the expensive Bags of Wheat on the market. Although, they are at 10.00 Freznics per Bag which to some is not expensive and to others is quite expensive. As a Cow Rancher of this city, I would like to know if the Bags of Wheat can be sold at possibly a lower price. In a sense, this may help out our economy. As you may know, milk is a good source of protein and provides you with a higher amount of intelligence. Without bags of wheat "which is unaffordable" to feed the cows,the cows will become sour and their milk will as well. With more wheat to give them, the more they consume, and the more milk we have as well as the more intelligence. I hope you understand.

Sincerely,
Jason
Weaver of Fenia City
Priest of Fenia City
Head Master of the Victorian Academy of Magic
Leader of the Order of the Rose