City of Fenia ~ Mentor's Office.

Moderator: Community Team

Lordblackhawk

City of Fenia ~ Mentor's Office.

Post by Lordblackhawk »

Collecting the keys of his office from the Mayor, Lordblackhawk heads off to find it.

After a time spent wandering around the townhall he finds it.

Unlocking the door he enters and looks around.

"Hmmm. Quite cosy." he thinks.

Sitting at his desk he pulls a parchment towards him and writes.
Satisfied he pins it to the board outside his office.
Citizens of the City of Fenia.

The Town Mentor office is now open.
Requests for help may be addressed to me.

Yours,
Lordblackhawk. [Town Mentor]

LONG LIVE THE KING!
Zachrin

Re: City of Fenia ~ Mentor's Office.

Post by Zachrin »

Good luck in your new office! You will find lots of pleasant challenges and don't forget to write a letter to help the new players out :) A mentor's job is important as you help the town grow and be a success!
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Thorn smiled as she picked up the gifts from beside her desk and went in search of Lordblackhawk, curious if he found his office comfortable, and wanting to let him know she was there. She was grateful to have a good man with whom to work. Fenia City needed people willing to help.

Hello sir, Thorn greeted, entering the room after tapping on the door. I hope you find everything you need, and anything else thats not here please feel free to let me know.

Placing her gifts on Lordblackhawk's desk she smiled.
ImageImage

I hope you can make use of these, she said softly waiting for his response, looking at the quill and the wooden boxed inkwell and store. They would add a touch to his desk she was sure, and the box would help him to know where his quills and ink and even notes were.
Lordblackhawk

Post by Lordblackhawk »

Upon hearing a knock at his door Lbh thinks `Ah! my first customer.`

Opening the door the Mayor (Thorn_Bracken) enters.

"Welcome your Honor." Lbh says.
"Make yourself comfortable. May I get you something to drink?"

Lbh shows Thorn to a seat.

She hands him a gift.

ImageImage
"I hope you can make use of these," She says.
"Of course I can. Thank you so much. That is very thoughtful of you."
Thorn_Bracken

Post by Thorn_Bracken »

Please don't let me hold you up, she replied to LBH. I only wanted to drop these gifts but I currently have some work I am on with.

Stepping away from the desk Thorn looked round the room and smiling turned to look at Lordblackhawk.

If there is anything you wish to change in here please feel free.

With that Thorn waved and left LBH to his peace while he had any and hurried back to her office.
Lordblackhawk

Post by Lordblackhawk »

Opens the door for the Mayor.

"Anytime. I am here to help."Lbh says as Thorn leaves.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn drove her cart to outside the Town Hall and getting down, carrying Annabel she entered the impressive building, smiling slightly to herself as she looked round. Annabel's eyes took everything in, her head turning in the direction of the offices. Thorn, puzzled, walked towards a door marked Town Mentor.

What is it, little one? Thorn whispered to her daughter as the child craned her neck towards the door.

Thorn knocked on the door and waited for an answer. In her skirt pocket she carried the keys.
Lordblackhawk

Post by Lordblackhawk »

Lbh is deep in paperwork when he hears a soft knock on the door.
Grateful for the interruption he gets up from his desk and answers it.

Opening it he finds the lady Thorn with her daughter standing there.

"Oh! A welcome visit indeed." he smiles.
"Do come in and excuse the mess. Just catching up on the usual paperwork."

Lbh looks around the office and removes a stack of papers from off a chair.

Giving it a dusting he says, "Please, have a seat and may I get you some refreshments?"
"Have you looked over the Manor and what do you think?"
he says as he pours out some soft drinks for them all.

Handing one to the lady Thorn and another to her daughter he remarks,
"Made your mind up yet about taking on the place?"
"It is a big house with plenty of grounds."

Lbh settles back in his seat thankful for the respite from all the paperwork.

He looks over at the lady Thorn and gets a feeling that there is something familiar about her.
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

Thorn looked past the mentor as he opened the door and saw paperwork piled around his room. She was surprised at the chaos, organised or not. Not what she would have expected from him for some reason.

Thank you, she said entering his office. She waited for a seat to be cleared and then sat, settling Annabel on her lap, noting how the girl looked around with the oddest of looks. You look busy. She did not say anything when offered a drink, but was not really given an option as the mentor seemed pleased for the excuse of a break, and this amused her.

How much is it to buy? Thorn asked outright, not meaning to be blunt, and realising her error blushed and looked down. Taking a deep breath Thorn looked up again and feeling somewhat unnerved started again.

I would like to purchase the property and everything in it,
she said quietly, her voice shakey, revealing her nerves. I didn't look round fully... I didn't need to.

Thorn reached and removed the keys from her skirt pocket, careful of her drink which she put onto the edge of the desk, and holding a still Annabel who seemed to also be waiting.
Lordblackhawk

Post by Lordblackhawk »

Lbh ponders on the lady Thorns question about purchasing the Manor.

"I am happy that you have decided to take on the property. However..." he says.

"I have no instructions on what price it is nor any other info." he pauses as he sips his drink.

"I propose, subject to your acceptance of course, that you move in and look after the property."
"Knowing the last Lady whose home it was, I am fairly sure that she would rather someone lived there who would love the manor."
"Is that agreeable to you?"

Not quite sure why but Lbh `knows` that the lady sitting in front of him is the "right" one for the empty Manor.