[ORP] Firestorm Manor

Moderator: Community Team

Texas_Knight

Re: [ORP] Firestorm Manor

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK kissed her and then stood up. "I hope this works" he said as he waded out into the water. He changed to his lycan form and gathered his thoughts. If everything he'd read and learned from the old books he had come by, been able to acquire, and taken from his old village were right then all would be good and well. If not, well... he didn't know what would happen. He waded out till the water was up to his chest, and then took a couple steps back towards the shore so it was about to his arm pits. He looked at Nikola and smiled "Wish me luck..."

He closed his eyes, focused his mind on a picture that he had conjured from his ancestors books. He'd been doing this alone at home for months. Down in the cellars with the assistance of his steward and one other brave soul. He'd sworn them both to silence, and they would not dare have said a word about it to anyone lest they both be eaten by him. Slowly it started to happen. From the feet up. It wasn't as painful as it had started out in the beginning. If it had been there would be no way to complete the transformation without killing anyone near. Hence the reason it was done in the cellars of Wyvernston. He was locked in the cell like an animal when he wanted to attempt it so he wouldn't hurt any of his workers. It was why he started raising klah a few months ago and why he never sold any on the markets. The cells were lined with klah from top to bottom and even the floor. He only broke one wall down the first time. It still lay as a twisted metal mess to remind himself, and his workers of his true power in this form. He'd been asked a few times and heard whispers of peasants as he would walk by in the towns streets. There had been sounds coming from the estate for months. Sounds that he'd come to know, could be heard all the way to the road and through the woods. Perhaps that's why the peasants from other towns have stayed clear of Fenia for the last few months.

He was able to control the pain the last few weeks much better. To the point where he hardly noticed now in the midst of the changing. He disappeared below the water for a moment before standing again in his non-lycan form. He walked out of the water towards Nikola and stopped about 15 feet from where she sat under the tree. He was a little, okay he was alot nervous about what her reaction would be when she finally saw him in this form. His body was in human form for the first time in front of anyone he hadn't sworn to silence. In front of the woman he loved.

He'd been through this a thousand times in his mind. From the initial talk of her actually considering changing to the moment where he stood before her in this form. He had been listening to, not only what she said and asked, but the little tremors in her voice that no other being could pick up on. Those tremors were doubts and he had to find a way to put them at ease. He knew that there were lycans that took the human form, but he didn't know there was a choice until he found a diary from his mother's belongings in one of the trips he'd made back to the deserted place that once was his home. In that, he discovered that, in order to blend in, his ancestors took on the orcish form. That they were once also able to take on the human form, and that he, as an Alpha and a Hybrid combined, could choose to take on ANY form he wished so long as it was humanoid. Whenever he discovered that, he knew it would be easier for him to change than it would be for Nikola to change who she was and have her family turn their back on her. He knew it would break her heart, and possibly her spirit. That was something TK would not risk. So he began working on the experiment. Reading and re-reading, scavenging every available trace of knowledge on the subject, and finally risking his own body from the actual deed.

TK in human form

He stood speechless before her. The one thing that he had was the necklace the beartooth that never left his neck. It was there still, just in case she had any doubts about it being him.
Viscount of Northwood and Royal Guard
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

He hopes what works, she wondered as her orc lover waded out into the water. Surprisingly, he changed back to his Lycan form and continued wading into the water until he stopped, backed up and looked at her. Wish him luck? What on earth did he mean, wish him luck? Concerned, she walked to the water’s edge to watch, in case he needed her help. As if he would ever need my help, she chided herself, yet still she watched, wanting him to be safe. She had lost so many whom she had loved in her brief existence in this world and she did not know if she could bear to lose someone else. Especially him.

She held her breath as he disappeared beneath the surface of the water. At first the water became still. Too still. But only for a moment, although to her it felt like a lifetime. Then the water stirred and began to churn. She was torn between diving into the water to try to save him and running away to keep her distance lest she come to any harm. She did not fear harm, but she feared what it might do to him should he ever harm her, even accidentally.

Reason sent her back to the tree. If he was in danger, there would be little she could do that he could not do better. He was far stronger than she and enormously capable. But if he emerged in a rage, as she had seen him do in his lycan form, he might not realize what he was doing until it was too late and whilst she cared little for her own safety, she would not willingly put herself in harm’s way and possibly destroy his spirit if anything happened to her at his hand.

The creature that rose from the water was not TK. Alarmed, her first thought was that some strange man had somehow managed to kill him. He must have surprised him, she reasoned, as no mere human would have been able to subdue him so quickly or so easily. Unless whatever his surprise was had gone terribly wrong. Her mind raced through every scenario she could think of in the few moments it took for the being to walk out of the water and come toward her.

He stopped about two man-lengths from where she sat, dripping water onto the grass and just…standing there, not saying a word. Suddenly enraged that this creature, this mere human, would dare to touch TK and then come to her as though he expected gratitude? Fury drove her to her feet and she crossed the distance between them, wishing she had a sword or dagger to plunge into his heart, forgetting in the emotion of the moment that she had within her something far more potent and powerful than a mere sword. How dare he take her heart away from her? How dare he?

As she came within striking distance she stopped and stared at him in confusion. He had not moved nor spoken a single word. Now she was close enough to look him in the eyes, she realized there was something…familiar. She was not sure whether it was the eyes themselves, or the way he looked at her but as her mind finally caught up with her emotions, she realized she knew those eyes. She had seen that look before, but never had he looked so worried as he did now.

“TK?” she asked, disbelief warring with her heart. His eyes warmed when she spoke his name and she knew it was him. “How?” she asked, not knowing how to even phrase the questions whirling in her mind. She reached out a tentative hand and touched his cheek. It felt different, but his reaction to her touch was the same. Her hand dropped to his shoulder. It was solid muscle under the human flesh. It did not feel like an illusion. It felt real, but how could it be?

She placed her hands on either side of his face and searched his eyes, at last asking the question that underlay all other questions.
“Why?”
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

As he stood there TK was glad they didn't have any weapons as Nikola charged him. Pure rage was in her eyes, and then, once she got close enough to see his eyes, utter confusion. It must've worked.

He remained still until she touched his cheek, he leaned his head into her hand and closed his eyes a moment at her touch. He opened his eyes when she touched his shoulder. His eyes had that familiar orangish hue to them and he smiled as she took his head in her hands. "why"... The most important question he thought he'd be asked. It had a simple answer, but the reasons behind the simple answer were complex.

"Love" was the first word she heard him speak in this form. His voice was low and soft, with an accent much like the people from Surien Lupen or Safine. "Love is why I stand here like this before you tonight. That is the very short version. If you'd like to know complete reasoning behind this, then we can either go sit under the tree again, or we can walk back to the Manor and discuss it over something to eat." He'd changed 4 times and felt the effects of the latest one. He smiled and brought his hands up to cover hers on his face. In this form he was still well over 6 feet tall and had a body like a man that had worked his life on the docks or in the mines. He wasn't hugely muscular, but he was defined almost to an extreme. His large hands covered hers and he brought them down over his heart. The moon was higher in the sky and they'd been out here for quite a while. As they stood there he caught sight of something up by the house.

"It seems that you are being checked on, my dear. And if it's all the same to you, I'd prefer to stay in this form for awhile."
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Her mind was awhirl with unasked questions. Did he think she could not love him in his orc form? In his lycan form? Did he not understand that she loved him in whatever form he chose to take? Did he think she needed him to be human to truly love him, to be proud of him? Did he think she was somehow ashamed that she was mated with an orc/lycan hybrid? The man standing before her was certainly very pleasing to her eyes, but she did not recall having ever wished he was anything other than who he was. Did he doubt her ability to love him fully as himself?

Then he answered her, and the whirlwind of questions ceased.
"Love", he had said, the voice sounding soft, deep, and utterly human to her ears with a delightful accent. He did not go into depth with the explanation, but she knew him well enough to know he had a powerful reason. His smile was intoxicating, and she recognized the smile she knew so well in it. Yes, this was still her TK.

As he moved her hands from his face to his heart, she could feel it beating beneath the surface. There was life and he was real. Until that moment she had not been completely certain that this was not an illusion, or dream, but the beating of his heart let her know this was real. She was still in shock but knew he would explain all in due time. She was shaken from her reverie by the mention of food. Of course, she should have realized. Changing might not be difficult for him, but it took a lot of energy and that required refueling. She looked back toward the house when he mentioned that someone was checking on her and waved at the servant to let them know she was fine and had seen them. The girl nodded and disappeared back into the house. Nikola smiled and faced TK again, then took a couple of steps backward and took in the whole of him.

In this form he was tall, yet not as tall as his orc form. Muscular and handsome to be sure. Every naked inch of him. She smirked a little and glanced up into the familiar eyes.
“We might want to find something to cover you with. I suspect the servants will be wondering who I am entertaining when they thought I was out here with…well, you. If we return to the house with you like this…” she said, gesturing to his bare midsection, “there might be some rather interesting responses.” She had the feeling he was not even aware of his own condition as yet, so she gave him a moment to discover it.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

It took a moment for what she said to register in his mind. He looked down and was suddenly quite aware of his present state of attire, well, actually the lack of attire as it were. He'd packed some clothes that would fit him, but the bag had left on Oblivion. He quickly jumped back in the water and waded out till the water was above his waist. He whistled loudly. Two short whistles and one long one. He knew Oblivion would find a way to get to him quickly. He just hoped his friend wouldn't hurt anyone getting out if he was already in a stall.

He looked at Nikola and smiled "Sorry dear, I completely forgot to grab them from my pack on Oblivion. He should be here shortly. Hopefully he isn't locked in a stall.... If he was, I'll fix the stall myself. Soooo.. What do you think?"
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Nikola watched in amusement as realization dawned on his face and he quickly ran back to the water. She could swear he blushed at least a little. “You know, you could have asked me to fetch them for you, or to have Ben fetch them.” A distant sound of wood splintering made her grimace. “Would have saved both you and Oblivion some effort there,” she remarked and then sat on a boulder near the edge of the water where she would remain dry, and be out of Oblivion’s way when the horse made his appearance. She crossed her legs and spread her skirts gracefully around her and grinned at his apparent discomfort, enjoying his moment of embarrassment.

The grin faded to an easy smile as she held his eyes with her own.
“I find this form immensely pleasing, because I find you immensely pleasing. I don’t care whether you are in orc form, lycan form, or this new human form. It is not the form that draws me to you. It is your heart.”

Her expression became serious, the smile fading as her brow furrowed in concern. “I thought you knew that. Did you think that I would be more comfortable with you in this form? That I would love you more somehow? If I have done or said anything to make you feel less than you are, somehow, then I must beg you to forgive me for that is not my heart.”

What she wanted more than anything to do in that moment was to wade out to him and hold him until he believed her, but she could hear the heavy hoofbeats that warned of Oblivion’s imminent arrival and he was not moving slowly at all. Wisdom kept her on the boulder as Oblivion came into view.
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

When the wood splintered he cringed a bit, knowing he would have to fix that. Not that he was incapable, but that Oblivion had broken one of the stalls. For Oblivion it was probably little more than a nudge against a gate, he was a strong beast. TK nods at her comments about having either her or Ben get the clothes. She was probably right, but he didn't think about that just then. He heard what she said and he heard her question.

"I wasn't asking if you liked me more or less in this form. I was asking if the form was pleasing to your eyes. I know, to you, it doesn't matter which form I am taking. I was simply hoping that I'd chosen one that was.." what was the word he was searching for... he thought a moment "easy on the eyes" he finally said.

Just then Oblivion hit the water and came to him. He didn't know how, perhaps the beast saw the soul as well, but he knew TK in this form just as in the orc or lycan form. TK took the small pack from his back and got out the clothes he'd packed, put the pants on and walked out of the water to the rock where Nikola sat. Oblivion followed and stopped behind him.
"Thank you my friend"

"No need to beg anything my dear." He smoothed out the wrinkles on her forehead and kissed her lips. "While I know you take me for me in any form, I know others may have a hard time dealing with the presence of an orc, or a lycan." This was going to be a long night he thought to himself. There was much to tell and much to explain. And there wasn't a way to skip over the parts that were unimportant because they were all important. "Come" he said as he held a hand out to her "let's go to the house and eat, then go to a room with some privacy so we can discuss this form and the reasons behind it without interruptions. Just make sure we have some brandy and some snacks in there with us as it will likely be a very long night."

As they neared the house Ben was standing outside looking at the stall gate that Oblivion had busted. He looked at Nikola and then TK, yet he did not know the man. Oblivion went back to the stall and started munching on the hay and oats. TK leaned in close to Nikola "Ben might be a little confused"
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

Relieved to hear that he had not adopted this form simply to please her, she smiled up at him as he approached, now fully dressed. As he leaned forward to kiss her, the feel of his lips on hers was only slightly different in this form. She found herself disappointed when he pulled away, but knew he was right. She did need to understand more about this, and she wanted to know his heart and why he chose to do this now. So far as she knew he had never taken on human form before.

She reached out and slipped her hand into his, twining her fingers through his.
“I can assure you that this form is, how did you put it? Ah yes, ‘easy on the eyes’. In fact, I look forward to taking my time to thoroughly explore this new form of yours,” she informed him with a grin and a wink.

They walked hand in hand back toward the house. She could tell he was exhausted, even though the casual observer might miss the signs. But she knew him and seeing how exhausted he was made her wonder just how much energy he used up to change forms. She had never really considered it before as he always seemed so vibrant and full of life and strength. She realized that there was still much she needed to learn about the creature who had won her heart so completely.

Oblivion, as usual, mostly ignored her, but that was probably about as close to affection as she might ever get from the huge horse. She grinned at him when he simply trotted back to his stall as if he had not been responsible for the splintered gate that had Ben’s attention. Then the young man noticed them and the look on his face was one of confusion and concern. He had seen TK arrive, knew that Nikola was more than a little fond of him and now she was casually strolling hand in hand with what he must believe to be a strange man. She nodded when TK mentioned that the lad might be a little confused.
“I would imagine so,” she answered and then focused her attention on Ben.

“Ben,” she called out to him and waved him over. She winked up at TK as the lad approached. “I’d like to introduce you to someone, although you already know him. This,” she paused and waved a hand across her form to indicate the handsome human next to her, “is TK.”

She watched as his confusion deepened, his head snapped to look at TK suspiciously before giving Nikola a look with questions filling his eyes. “Yes, I was surprised, too, but you saw how Oblivion responded to him and you know better than anyone here that Oblivion would not be so casual or obedient to a stranger.” She watched as he appraised TK and then looked back at the stall where Oblivion seemed totally oblivious to the change in his master. She gave him a moment to consider that before adding gently, “and I hope you know that my affections are not so easily given away that I would ditch the orc for the first human male who showed up out of nowhere on my estates without you or anyone else noticing his arrival.”

That seemed to hit home with him. His face went slightly ashen as he realized the implication of her words and he began to apologize but she shook her head and dropped TK’s hand to place her hands on Ben’s shoulders. “No need for that. I understand your confusion. Had I a weapon with me, I probably would have tried to kill him as when I first saw him, I feared he had somehow managed to kill TK. It’s all new to me, too, and,” she glanced back at TK, “I think to him, too, to some degree.”

Ben nodded his understanding and she smiled at him. “Now go to the house and warn Cook that we need food, and plenty of it. Inform the household that TK has taken on a new form so they don’t all get the same idea that you may have just done." The lad broke into a sheepish grin and nodded at her. "Tell Cook that we will eat our meal up in my chambers as there is much, still, that TK and I have need to discuss.” He looked over at TK and nodded to him as well before running toward the house to do as she had bid.

As Ben took off, she stepped back to TK’s side and slipped her hand back into his.
“I suggest we go on up to my chambers. I’ll have a word with Iris, and she’ll keep the staff at bay so that we can be alone, and you won’t need to be concerned about being interrupted unless an emergency arises. Will that work for you?”
Texas_Knight

Post by Texas_Knight »

TK caught the look and the wink that Nikola gave as she expressed her approval of this form and he smiled.

At the house he listened as she explained his new form to Ben. As he was about to take off to the house TK called out to him. "Ben, make sure there's plenty of brandy also. Wouldn't want to have me getting thirsty." He added the last part as a joke... sort of. TK also thought the mention of having brandy would confirm in Ben's mind that it was indeed TK.

He turned to Nikola and smiled.
"Lead the way my dear. Once we get there I'll need to eat before going into detail about things. This form is still new to me and it takes much more energy than the other two. Once we have eaten, I may need a short nap to recoup the energy more quickly. Do not let me nap more than 30 minutes. If I am not awake after 30 minutes simply call my name, but do not touch me. Ethan did that once and I nearly took his arm off when I grabbed him and I would hate to have that happen to you." He smiled and kissed her lips before they went in the manor.
Nikola

Post by Nikola »

“I can do that,” she assured him in response to his instructions and led the way into the house through the lanai, and down the hall to a private dining room used for informal meals for the household. Iris found them there within moments of their arrival. That the only notice Nikola could see was a crinkling about her eyes told Nikki Ben had already explained the situation to her and she was taking the change in stride. “Iris, could you please bring TK something to eat, even if Cook does not have the full meal prepared yet? Water, too, as well as brandy,” she added, and Iris nodded and disappeared through the doorway leaving the two of them alone for a few moments.

Smiling hopefully at TK, she pointed to a chair at the table, inviting him to sit, and took a seat opposite him. Once he was seated, she reached out to take his hands in hers.
“I don’t know what this has cost you, or why you have done it, but know that I find this form very pleasing. That said, don’t think that means I find your other forms any less pleasing,” she assured him. “I trust you will tell me all you need for me to know when you can, and I will wait. For now, I just want to look at you, to memorize everything about you in this form,” she grinned, her sapphire eyes sparkling as she gazed into his eyes. They, at least, were familiar, if set into a different face.

They did not have long to wait before Iris returned with a tray upon which was a plate filled with a steaming slab of nearly raw meat. Another plate held slices of fresh fruits and cheeses and there was a carafe of clear water and a bottle of brandy along with two glasses and two snifters. Nikola eyed the meat and looked up at Iris with a question in her eyes. Iris shrugged and said
“I had to pry it away from Cook, but I guessed he needed it sooner rather than late, and he likes it mostly raw anyway.” Nikola chuckled and let Iris set the tray down in front of them and served them each in turn, giving the meat first to TK and the fruit and cheese plate to Nikola. The water and brandy were placed on the table between them and then she took the tray, nodded to herself and left them alone again, closing the door behind her.

“She’s a good one, Iris is,” Nikola commented to TK. Iris was more than just a steward, Nikola had learned, and that had made her even more appreciative of the woman’s skills and service. “Now,” she said and poured first the water and then the brandy into their respective glasses. “You need to drink as well as eat, I expect, and I would like to see you consume at least as much water as brandy,” she told him and then took a sip of the water herself before picking up a slice of apple. “Eat and drink. If you feel like talking while you nourish your body, I am here to listen. If you need to eat and then sleep before talking, I will make sure that you are not disturbed until time for you to rise again,” she informed him and then bit into the apple. As she chewed, she remembered something else he had said and smiled as she swallowed the bite. "And I promise to wake you from a safe distance, too."