Laws of Paz

Moderator: Community Team

Louisa

Re: Laws of Paz

Post by Louisa »

Me...? never...my life is good...but then Im not living behind high walls and having my door battered in now am I ?
Aengus

Post by Aengus »

Correction, they attempt to batter my doors in.

And that your life is "good" is exactly my point. I don't want a good life. I want a life full of excitement and fun, I want to chase glory, I want to follow my king to the ends of the world, I want to fight in magnificent battles, I want to lose or win them, I want to.. well you get the picture.

What I don't want is to marry, have my fields worked, work in my profession, etc... basically waste away in mediocracy.

Or wait I have an idea! We could make this game into another glorified dating site/ who can bitch of the other best contest/ let's show how little we know about economy and law. :lol:
Last edited by Aengus on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
firechild

Post by firechild »

Aengus..while your humor is amusing your language is not.....;)

Back to the topic...the laws...

Making it so that you are the absolute rule with out any discussion from those whom are living in this town...the ones who worked for what you now hold as your personal possession is more than a little cheeky.

Here is what I think would better represent the town..

The following laws are established:
1. Revolting or plundering the town hall is illegal.
2. Grants must be returned upon Mayor's request (all forms of requests will do) within one hour after the first login after the request has been made.
3. Removing money or items from the grant after a request for return has been made is illegal. Grants are not for personal property.
4. No Viceregal council has any power over the town of Paz. (This does not include the court, in the sense that it will be responsible for handling cases brought forth by the glorious city of Paz.)
5. The Mayor is the only one who may create and remove laws in the town of Paz.
6. Anyone who violates these laws, will be prosecuted (guilt determined by court).
7. No citizen of Paz may be punished by a court without having broken a law.
8. Opening information to the public that has been gained trough having an office (mayor, mentor, etc) is illegal.

I realize that removing your name from the law may well hurt your ego, it is nothing personal. The laws that you currently have are all about you and your personal protection, gain and very little about protecting the town. This is a town compromised of more than just you and if you keep these laws the people will either leave or will continue to revolt daily until you are unseated...no matter how many there are. Making a law that no one can campaign against you is just not right...there are many bright people that may well be just as capable as you in this job and the town could flourish well with them at the helm.

You have to realize that taking the town as you did made people feel betrayed, whether it is for the better or not. There are other ways of doing things than to bulldoze what you want.

'If you have to steal it to have it, rather than earning it...it will never truly be yours.' great words from a wise man...
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

Chase glory by taking a young town by force? oh, how glorious of you! We should all drop down and worship the ground you walk on. I am so impressed!

What king are you following? Last I heard there wasn't one.

I can bet you there isn't too many women insane enough to want to lower their standards to marrying you anyway. My bet is that a woman would only marry you to get to your money.

I don't think you'd want to make this a date site. you mgiht be offended at how people feel about you. Then again, some are attracted to a someone who acts like a jerk.
Aengus

Post by Aengus »

Firechild, I am less attached to seeing my name there then you think. It's just that putting my name there instead of the mayor's name makes sure that only I (unless someone takes over my position) am able to do the things the law allows. If I say mayor, I would allow new mayors to make use of those laws.

And I think it's more fun to have one person, and its successors rule Paz. And that person doesn't have to be me, but I feel elections just shouldn't take place here.

And the Gardener, maybe this will more show you my point of view: boring RP <=> adventure RP.

And I'm a jerk in loads of worlds, and it really doesn't scare girls of.
Louisa

Post by Louisa »

Mirror...Mirror on the wall... Our Mayor wants it all...
Lets load his fields...his huge ego...and most of all his rudeness...
and send him packing to his King ...where he can have it all... :lol:
firechild

Post by firechild »

Aengus wrote:Firechild, I am less attached to seeing my name there then you think. It's just that putting my name there instead of the mayor's name makes sure that only I (unless someone takes over my position) am able to do the things the law allows. If I say mayor, I would allow new mayors to make use of those laws.

And I think it's more fun to have one person, and its successors rule Paz. And that person doesn't have to be me, but I feel elections just shouldn't take place here.

And the Gardener, maybe this will more show you my point of view: boring RP <=> adventure RP.

To be quite honest Aengus, what causes you to believe that you or your rule and successors is what is best for the rest of this town? (OOC: to be honest if that is the fun you have then I must say that I am out. I have no desire to participate in a game where one player desires nothing more than ruining the game for the rest. That is more of the reasons I hate other realm. People who do not care about anything but themselves. Have fun. I will be leaving this game.)
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

firechild wrote:
Aengus wrote:Firechild, I am less attached to seeing my name there then you think. It's just that putting my name there instead of the mayor's name makes sure that only I (unless someone takes over my position) am able to do the things the law allows. If I say mayor, I would allow new mayors to make use of those laws.

To be quite honest Aengus, what causes you to believe that you or your rule and successors is what is best for the rest of this town? (OOC: to be honest if that is the fun you have then I must say that I am out. I have no desire to participate in a game where one player desires nothing more than ruining the game for the rest. That is more of the reasons I hate other realm. People who do not care about anything but themselves. Have fun. I will be leaving this game.)
OOC: I always thought that other realm is little boring because most people are oriented on helping others. And it's becoming only like parties, birthdays, weddings. Here we have guy, who we can realy hate for some reason. If you don't like somebody, you must take care of it yourself. But this is actually funny, why you don't enjoy yourself with his mayorship? He is not ruining game, he just took over mayorship with revolt. Sooner or later he will loose it anyway. Don't leave game because you don't like guy. ;)
Aengus

Post by Aengus »

OOC:
Firechild, I am not out to ruins anyone's game. But maybe you will see it differently because we play a different game.

I would never say that my idea for ruling Paz is the best for Paz, the best for the people (I would let Aengus disagree) it might be the best, but it doesn't have to be. What I do say is that it is the best for the game.

Secfenia does not have to resemble (Zachrin might disagree) modern USA. We could have a different world here. It could be whatever we want, elections don't need to be part of that. Do we want to make another other realm? Does it have to be about marriage? Tending your fields? Bitch each other of on the forum? Manage the mines? Etc.? Do you really want to start your character over again, just another time, and do exactly the same? (With of course the benefit that this time Zachrin made the game a little better.) I really do not want to do that, I don't like worrying about the finances of the viceroyalty, I can do that in RL. I do not want a relationship here (at least like the ones a lot have), I have one in RL I am very happy with. I do not want to spend my time in court here, I have to do that in RL. Here... I want to do something different. I want action, I want epic battles, mighty kings, princesses... and surely you all can think of stuff like that instead of sitting in the tavern waiting to help the next newbie to learn the game.

And please know that Aengus is Aengus and I am me, if Aengus plays almighty mayor that does not mean that he is better than your character, and it certainly does not mean I am better then you. It's not connected, if I follow someone as king it is only IC and I think that would be great fun. And really I do not want to be the leader IC, I rather have Aengus follow.

Perhaps it is time for me to have Aengus step down as mayor and let all others play the game like they want. I will be laying back waiting for better times.
TheGardener

Post by TheGardener »

Aengus, you talk and talk like you are something that matters. you are just one tiny person who took advantage when people were trying to make ends meet. You think you are hot stuff, but all you've done is created boring, irritating threads. Where are you "adventure" RP's? What have you really contributed to Paz? I see food having to be exported here to have young people survive. You are a jerk and frankly I wish the mages would strike you dead where you stand.

I wonder how many people prefer to stick the sword through them than the deal with you, Aengus! I came here to help Paz, but maybe I should let the city rot under your dictatorship. Maybe we should beg the mages to open a new town and let you enjoy your hole in the ground.

Firechild, please don't go. It's not like this everywhere. In the capital, people are much nicer.