10 Year Anniversary coming up ...

Moderator: Community Team

Amaryllis
Community Manager

10 Year Anniversary coming up ...

Post by Amaryllis » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:24 pm

So.. we are looking for ideas on how we should celebrate 10 years this coming August, 2018. (oops, next year!)

What kind of event(s) should we have?? What kind of things would you think would be fun??

In the past we have had things like the Phoenix event..

So, have a good think.. or think out loud like I do! Toss ideas out there.. or a bunch, that would be welcome too!

My mind, thinks: Milestone: World fair

Not really sure how that would work though, unless you all have ideas of what one would see at a world fair?? Games? Prizes? Maybe even games that take multiple people to play.. and so on..

Perhaps a place to win a pet or something..

So let loose the creativity.. What are your ideas??

This event could be a year long event, or a six month event. We don't know! Help us plan something memorable!

~Secfenia Community Team

balerion

Re: 10 Year Anniversary coming up this year...

Post by balerion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:06 am

We've a new slew of younger players who never had a chance to get a little phoenix beastie for one thing.
General of Fenia
Shaker of Castles
Reflections Guild | Order of the Pillow | Sunspear

Mazork

Post by Mazork » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:00 am

Well, in general... I think it should offer something for everyone, but not everything for everyone. Meaning, something achievable just by participating, even if you're a new player, and something else achievable only with high battle strength and/or certain stats. To this end, and also to give different types of players something to do, it should contain a number of different activities. A fair sounds good, if it's done right... I'm not sure about the specifics, though. Maybe something where people can contribute with their field and workshop products in the first, preparatory phase. The next stage could have various celebratory activities.

Finally, I'd like some kind of a raid-type battle, requiring the contribution of a number of players. I think it'd be great if it wasn't something as simple as everyone combining their damage to wear down the enemy boss. Rather, maybe something like a raid in an MMORPG, where people have different roles. The strongest melee fighters to the front lines, healers and mages providing support, and characters lacking battle strength providing a different kind of support, such as operating ballistae or something...
Awesome banner made by Aida. It's a little out of date, I've retired from the General's post.

Nienna

Post by Nienna » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 am

I liked the event where we needed to make different items in our workshop. People were communicating with each other to get the necessary resources, ordering items, etc. There was a lot of player interaction and involvement. If you are thinking about a world's fair, that could be a component, then perhaps add a joust for those who want to hone their battle skills, and maybe some arcade type games. People have been building their weapon skills, and as a sorcerer, I have been building up points to allow me to use magic during a battle, but there just haven't been any battles in this game, so the skills are just sitting there, useless. A joust would allow them to be used.

balerion

Post by balerion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I was talking with someone and we both realized if Zachrin joined the game on June 18th, 2009 wouldn't this be the 9th Anniversary?
General of Fenia
Shaker of Castles

Amaryllis
Community Manager

Post by Amaryllis » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:30 am

Hey, I just report on what the man says. :P At any rate.... anymore ideas????? I know we have LOADS of creative people around here...

balerion

Post by balerion » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:42 pm

Oh I'm sure. But maybe mention it as you held the 5 year anniversary 4 years ago.
General of Fenia
Shaker of Castles

Redkipp

Post by Redkipp » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:11 am

Text quests! Can we have them?
Like that:
"---room 0----
You're standing at the entrance of the dungeon the peasant told you about. Unfortunately, the doors are blocked with a large boulder.
Your options:
1.<Str>=250>Just push that rock aside and go in <to room 1>
2.<Dex>=100>Climb in trough the small window above the doors <to room 1>
3.Maybe not today <exit the quest >
-------room 1-------
As you enter the dark hallway, you hear loud roar coming from the depths... And the creature is getting closer...
Your options:
1.Face the horror! <the fight ensues, with battle code and everything, then to room 3 if you win>
2.Try to hide<To room 2>
3.Get out of here! <exit the quest >
------room 2-----
You manage to hide in the shadows. The creature runs past you and blocks the only exit. It sniffs the air and turns its head to you! It's going to notice you any moment now!
Options
1.Welp, wasn't going to live forever anyways. Chaaarge!<the fight ensues, with battle code and everything, then to room 3 if you win>
2.<Eqipment:ranged weapon>Loose an arrow while it can't see you <the same as 1, except monster's health gets decreased>
----room 3----
After defeating the guardian, you walk into the treasury. You find there <whatever loot looks reasonable>.
1.Take the loot and leave
"
If I manage to pass my exams, I might try to help with that.

Amaryllis
Community Manager

Post by Amaryllis » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:18 pm

So he said.. erm.. He knew that.. but um.. We will just call this the 'idea collection' for next year.. Yeah! That! :P

Honestly though.. this could give lots of time to do something really good. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

((I think we should just blame it on his being sick. :P They don't call it cold and flu season for nothing!))

Wagnard

Re: 10 Year Anniversary coming up ...

Post by Wagnard » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:23 pm

With so many people being sick, perhaps that is something to look at. Everyone is struck by the "decade bug" and needs to put together goods to cure it.