Opening soon: the 2018 Promo

Moderator: Community Team

Amaryllis
Community Manager

Opening soon: the 2018 Promo

Post by Amaryllis » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Excellent 18 Promo Details:

Runs until December 31st, 2018

Players can win instant prizes or tickets that will be used in the drawing for our final prizes held after the card game shuts down on 12/31/18.

Grand Prize: Excellent 18 Footwear* and 218 Pandora Points
Runner Up Prize: 18 Freznics and 118 Pandora Points
3rd Place Prize: 18 Freznics and 18 Pandora Points

Tickets may be gained also by Purchasing Pandora Points (1 Ticket per 175 points).

Good luck!

* = An Excellent 18 Footwear will be a modification of a current Foot slot equipment that exists in the game with the option by the grand prize winning player to add the qualities of any 1 particular gem of their choice (Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Amethyst, Diamond, or Aquamarine). It may not be changed in the future and is a one time prize.

Wagnard

Re: Opening soon: the 2018 Promo

Post by Wagnard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:11 am

There is a grave mistake in the presentation of the cards.

While its understandable you would wish to show the unpicked cards so there is no secret or what you 'could have' won, all it did for me is show how depressing my pick ended up being.

KING (1 level 1 token) , JOKER (2 E18 tickets) , 4 of diamonds (1.8 fz) <--- what I picked

I highly recommend you hide the cards again. Its just too unpleasant to see a failure like that.

Thank you very much.

Argenth

Post by Argenth » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 am

Personally I don't have a problem with being able to see what I could have drawed instead. This way I can get and idea of the chances or statistics for the different results. On the other hand I can understand how it can be demoralicing or unpleasent for some, seeing what goodies you could have drawn.
"We are all the heroes of our own stories... Just sometimes, we forget that others have their own stories as well."

Amaryllis
Community Manager

Post by Amaryllis » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:29 am

Why would winning 1.8f be depressing? Is it not 1.8f more than you had a second before choosing a card?

Rannek

Post by Rannek » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:05 am

If you think winning 1.8F is depressing, try winning nothing 5 times in a row.

Lesson: Be grateful for even small victories.
Banner made by one of my bestest internet friends, Aishe <3

Wagnard

Post by Wagnard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 pm

The average being does not like seeing what it 'could have' won. Yes, I'm not complaining about what I won. But the majority of people dislike seeing the other results, especially if its better. Sometimes not revealing everything has its rewards. Or is this situation set in stone and not adjustable?

The statistics are always random every day, so seeing the additional cards doesn't do anything for the future.

Jandar

Post by Jandar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:14 pm

I drew a joker the first day so to be honest I didn't even notice the other choices came up until today. I was happy to see I didn't draw the "win nothing" today at least. Would it maybe be possible to make showing -or- not showing the other cards and prizes as optional with one way as the default in some way or would that be too much trouble?
A peasant says: I heard the whip of Jandar was made from the bones of the miners who refused to work

Zachrin

Post by Zachrin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:19 pm

The change was brought forth because of the feedback of players over the past couple promos. One of the ideas that was presented is that they wanted to see what they could have gotten whether it was better or worse than what they had. It gave them the correct impression of a choice and not just a complete bit of randomness. Did they pick the best card? Did they have a chance at that ticket this time?

In many ways, it brought it up to the same level of lotteries, scratch offs, etc. You see what you "could have" won. This sort of philosophy has been a big movement of people buying into these sort of games knowing that they have a chance at a big payoff even if at times you don't succeed the first time.
The statistics are always random every day
Statistics by it's nature has a bit of chaos in it. The 3 cards you get to pick from are from a deck that is shuffled from time to time. The system does try to generate it so that no single card is overly represented on a particular day. With this said, the player's final choice of which of these cards adds a bit more randomness. It's why there is also a choice. It's not just 3 cards picked from a new deck every time someone plays.
Would it maybe be possible to make showing -or- not showing the other cards and prizes as optional with one way as the default in some way or would that be too much trouble?
It's possible. Code here is rarely ever set in stone. We always look at the feedback from our players. My concern is whether or not it addresses the issue at hand. Does seeing only one card mean you can't assume you "could have" won any of the other better prizes than what is on hand? Is the shadow of doubt enough to ignore the prize list and make an assumption that a better prize wasn't available? Is this something that more players are concerned about? I am trying to see what kind of impact this has before making a decision on it on if and when it might be addressed (i.e. next code release, next promo) as it isn't a high priority bug.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau