brilliant bravia council platform

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
thistletumbler

brilliant bravia council platform

Post by thistletumbler »

thistle stood up onto a small stand he had had put out for him. he cleared his throat and started talking.

''hello good poeple of bravia, im head of the brillaint bravian council (BBC) list that is running for council this term. i come here today to say what our ideas are and roughly how we plan on running the viceroyalty.''

he held up a poster with the platform on it and read it out to the audience.
1) to give freedom to people.
2) to have open markets with items that people need.
3) to have a fair and unbaised court, with a jury for the most serious cases.
4) and to have some fun :)
''i hope people are inpresssed by that, we will try our best to uphold those values. does anyone have any questions? feedback? good or bad. and thankyou.''

with that thistle waited to see if anyone would say anything about it.
balerion

Re: brilliant bravia council platform

Post by balerion »

Q1: Who is in said group?
Q2: Can you be specific with ANY of your stances?

1: Which people?
2: In all seriousness are some markets closed? I have always been able to find what I needed while on the "other side."
3a: How do you intend to insure bias is not an issue? Can you find a true untainted juror? Something happens and 20 people know only 2 hours later...
3b: Does one not have the right to jury for any case?
4: Go ahead and put the FUN back into Fantastic Unclothed Nudists.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Jade

Post by Jade »

It is not just WHO, I would also ask what is the definition of the term 'Freedom'. Do you just mean to have the freedom to post spam and vulgarities on the forums? Or perhaps you mean the liberty to loot and pillage without any serious consequences?

By 'Open' do you mean Free Markets, where people are free to dump and destabilize the prices, to provide cheap goods in large enough quantities it can crash a market?

Courts are never supposed to be biased. If there are such biased Courts, I am sure the Mages will intervene.

Are we all not already having fun? If that is not so, how come we are still here?
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

what position does each person have in mind for council?
balerion

Post by balerion »

Hence the problem with a jury pool. How will you find someone not biased on a issue unless you look among the inactives? EVERYONE talks about EVERYTHING thus the pool is tainted making the very use of a jury a joke.
Shaker of Castles
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

okay thanks for all your suggestions, ill be more specific.

1) by freedom, i mean evry person in bravia has a right to say what they want. you think im a dreadful counciler? send me a mail and tell me what you belive im doing wrong. of course, we couldent take all advice on but wed try and improve.

i dont mean spam and flame the fourms, fourm control isnt up to me.

2) by an open market i mean that items will be avaliable evrywhere, and if not you only need to contact the council to get it to you.

3a) didnt quite understand the question, sorry. but i would have an unbiased court by selecting netural people, like so thta they wouldent instantly take soemones side no matter what.

3b) of course you oculd request a jury,but it wouldent automatically be put in use.

4) well, if your already having fun then great :). but theres no need for a total lack of humour and to be 100% serious over evrything.

hope i answered all the questions and gave more detail on our stances.

as for whoose on the list :

1. thistletumbler
2. Adonair
3. Cimorene
4. arthur_loxley
5. LadyAmaia
6. Nathan
7. Logo
8. Petal
9. DanielMiller
10. Alamothih

thanks for the feedback, its appriciated.
balerion

Post by balerion »

As per calling serious doubts of your qualifications "suggestions" and "feedback" try again.

1. If I can say what I want then I can use slander and libel against you...

2. The council isn't the item fairy and shouldn't be treated as such. If several people buy an item and it runs out you won't be able to instantaneously replace it. If you could there would not be market laws.

3a. No one is neutral if they have heard about the situation prior to selection. Its called a tainted jury pool, read about it.

3b. Arbitrarily granting or denying the right to a trial by jury is a major fail.

4. This point was pointless to begin with, don't try and make it sound like there was a premise to it.
Shaker of Castles
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

wow, you got some fight in you :D not gunna let me get away with anything will you

1) say anything you want about me. but blatant lies id rather not. but you can insult me if you like.

2) maybe not, but watch me.

3) we'll see how we goes shall we? you can write my idea off, but maybe it will be a great success and will come back and make you look a fool. not that you need any help in looking that way anyway. i want to do things differntly and not slip into a normal and boring way of doing stuff. if it backfires it can be stopped. whats the harm in trying it?

4) pointless maybe, but why not?
arthur_loxley

Post by arthur_loxley »

Greetings everyone.

I am running on the list for council because I was approached by TT. Some issues that have come up that I feel our platform addresses are the following:
1. Activity
2. Lack of production (or maybe it is retention?)
3. Judicial Efficiency

These three areas as mentioned by TT are very important to the continuity of our government. Without an active base of players, we will always lack in production of goods. We need to mentor and increase (or promote) retention to ensure that activity in our government will not suffer. Currently there are a handful, if that, of active councilors and this is one matter that needs to be addressed.

Judicial efficiency is slow. Cases are dragging in the courts, and things are at a standstill. We need to all work together, on council, to ensure that the rights of the people of Bravia are safeguarded and there is recourse for victims of crimes. By ensuring that a good and productive judicial team is in place, people in Bravia can sleep safely in their home knowing that the government does ensure their rights are protected.

Some have asked which positions those who are running are currently seeking. I will state honestly that I have much experience and would be willing to take on any role which best helps our government function.

Thank you all for your concern and attention on our platform. Perhaps next election, we will see you run alongside us.
Athnal

Post by Athnal »

I have noticed two funny things (since you are using lists I will do same :D):

1. Only person in whole Bravia interested in your platform is Fenian.

2. Completly inactive person wants to rise activity in council.

Interesting.

I wish you luck.