brilliant bravia council platform

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
thistletumbler

Re: brilliant bravia council platform

Post by thistletumbler »

lol

well 1) i guess thats better than nobody.

and 2) do u mean loxley? lol fair enough but hes cool

thanks anyway well need the luck :D
Xenil

Post by Xenil »

I am Bravian. and it is funny that it is his first post too; but again do any other members plan on posting and again, positions please?
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

positions are roughly as follows:

1. thistletumbler will run for viceory
2. Adonair finance minister
3. Cimorene mines minister
4. arthur_loxley internal affairs minister
5. LadyAmaia judge
6. Nathan public prosecuter
7. Logo general
8. Petal
9. DanielMiller
10. Alamothih People's Representative

hope that helps
balerion

Post by balerion »

thistletumbler wrote:will come back and make you look a fool. not that you need any help in looking that way anyway
Great way to get elected "friend." If you can't back up an idea, turn to insults, it works all the time. :roll:

The granting or denying of a trial by jury cannot ever be arbitrary or there would be vast abuses. Anyone with any common sense at all can see that.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

im sorry, you were asking for it.

what do you mean granting or denil? i never said anything about denying people them..:S
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

certainly the trial by jury has pitfalls and it hasn't been tried in secfenia before. It just sounds like you're opposed to the idea without really seeing the positive potential it might have. Such an idea would go through a lot of discussion before going to vote to be enacted, so we'll use the feedback and try to minimize the possible abuse. Trial by judge also has great potential for abuse, i think we all know that.

I'm the first elected mayor of Cork and I have a lot of experience in similar arenas to secfenia as a trade minister. I'm confident I can run the economic side of the council smoothly.
balerion

Post by balerion »

thistletumbler wrote: to have a fair and unbaised court, with a jury for the most serious cases.
Shaker of Castles
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

i think you misunderstand.

the jury would automatically be used for seriosu cases, but anyone can request a jury for their case.
balerion

Post by balerion »

One cannot misunderstand that which has never been stated. Also there is ALWAYS the legal right to refuse the trial by jury.
Shaker of Castles
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

Ok Balerion, its clear you have a number of good points. Obviously, the jury trial idea is not ready for prime time. The council, once seated, will endeavor to put out a system that satisfies the concerns of the citizenry and the higher law of Secfenia. I would not expect juries to be ready in the first few weeks.