[ORP] Argenth's Camp

Moderator: Community Team

Argenth

[ORP] Argenth's Camp

Post by Argenth »

Some distance away from the town of Fenia, on the opposite side of the lake from the town. Five white tents in varying sizes had been erected and placed in carefully selected spots along the borders of a wide near perfect circle, marked out with white/grayish color from the calcium crystals used to draw it with. Inside the circle another five tents was placed in a similar fashion, making up a rather sizable encampment for its two inhabitant and their pets, and livestock fenced in at the edge of the camp. Each tent serving their own purpose for their contents. Outside every tent stands two round steel braziers, containing dancing flames licking their way over the metal sides of their containers. Around the camp, stood crates stacked ontop of each other, and piles of sacks neatly placed near the areas where their content was or would be needed. Around the camp, covers had been erected, held in place by lines nailed in place in the ground, offering shelter for the tables and chairs resting underneath them. Smaller fireplaces had been dug and prepared, scattered around the camp in areas with great view of the Fenian lake, forest or sky for the inhabitant or guests to enjoy. A kitchen area stood near a sizeable fireplace. A few practically built work areas stood cleaned, kept well in order and ready for use for when time deemed it right.

[OOC: A drawing for a propper overview of the camp is in the making]

A couple of residence tents (Argenth's and Merek's) stood open, revealing the interiors which contained what essentials that would be needed for longer residence in an area. Other tents clearly showed signs of work areas such as, and not limited to, a office/ study, masonry, library, and storage tents. An 11th tent stood oddly placed compared to the others, out of symmetry and towards the middle of the camp, but not any were near being in the middle.

Other than a few trees and bushes, the land is otherwise flat and cleared out around the camp, bordering up to a great lush forest on the other sides, not facing the lake. The sound of the water nearby entangles with the sounds of the approaching spring. A small wooden shed roof had been built at the edge of the lake, keeping a sailboat dry and safely stored away from the elements and out of the water, till it would be of use.
|-| Banner by Faranni |-| "We are all the heroes of our own stories... Just sometimes, we forget that others have their own stories as well."
Argenth

Re: [ORP] Argenth's Camp

Post by Argenth »

It was around midday, the sun was high on the bright sky and the forest had begun blooming nicely, covering the naked trees and bushes that he had until now only known of the area since he and his self-proclaimed guardian arrived and made camp in this new world full stories to hear, new regions to explore and secrets to uncover. The lake was calm today and mesmerizing to look at, by how the light of the sun played and reflected from the surface of the water, with the sound of the lazy movements of the water moving through the small river banks leading to and from the lake. The whole area around the camp was truly in full spring, with all the sounds of nature and animal activity that followed with it.

From the camp small figures on the lake could be spotted, buzzing with activity as fishing boats were in work to supply the town.
Merek had woke early and started the daily morning routines, lighting the fireplace and prepared breakfast and tidying up the camp from last night. Argenth had taken his time as usual before deciding to get out and start the day. Starting on his work soon after breakfast, he had finished a few orders in his mason workshop and did some work on a few small side projects of his.

Now Argenth was relaxing on a bundle of pillows and blankets at the edge of the camp with a view over the lake. Having gotten his hands on some of Zachrin’s black books about this world’s magic and lore, causing him days of missing sleep. He had only managed to get something to eat because Merek had nearly forced him to. Not far from him, the sound of activity could be heard. Merek had started his daily training rituals, of beating up imaginary enemies, created out of haystacks, wood and old battered armor from months of beatings, scavenged from some of their many adventures. An obstacle and agility course and a shooting range had also been erected and marked out near the training grounds. For those following the way of the warrior or not, the training ground Merek had constructed for himself was an impressive sight to behold, but to Argenth it had seemed like a colossal waste of time, and an eyesore to the camp he had designed, and of cause had Merek set up, as when it was time to work, he was always mysteriously missing, being sidetracked or distracted when he was needed.
Last edited by Argenth on Mon May 28, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
|-| Banner by Faranni |-| "We are all the heroes of our own stories... Just sometimes, we forget that others have their own stories as well."
Faranni

Post by Faranni »

She followed the familiar path through the forest taking in its flowering beauty. The sun, who played hide-and-seek behind the tree tops, and the scent of pine and damp moss followed her every step on her way. Birds that had arrived back from their journey to far away lands sang songs of freedom and love among the trees surrounding her.There was a feeling of new, of re-birth of Hope. It filled her whole being.
It wasn't far now till Argenth's camp. But her backpack felt heavy with the things she'd brought with her. Another sack of treats for pup and a food package for Arg. She'd even brought something for specially for Merek. Greatful the man kept her love out of harm's way, or at least trying to. She wanted them to be on good terms with each other. After all, they cared deeply for the same man.
The view of the white tented camp grew before her eyes as loud thuds and sighs echoed from a distance. She greeted Merek, in the middle of massacring an innocent practice dummy, scattering dried hay around it and himself, as she passed him. He seemed to much in his own mind to notice her so she left him be. She wasn't here to see him anyways.

"Good Day my love, don't you just love the spring we're having?" she said as she dropped down beside him on the pillows and removed her backpack. Looking out over the lake it looked quite serene. The view of it from her bedroom window at Nikola's was spectacular. This looked was much different, breathtakingly beautiful. But she felt it might have more to do with the company then the actual landscape that laid before her.
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

Lying on his side, his head elevated from the ground, resting in his hand, while reading one of the black books. A bowl of grapes and other fruits in various shapes and sizes, together with a jug of water to keep him hydrated, had earlier been placed next to him without him noticing it by Merek, in an attempt on making sure he would remember to eat something, by making it easily accessible. To Merek’s worry he had been getting more and more absorbed in studies since they had moved on from the last world they visited, and on to this.

A sudden gentle wind played through the grass around him, causing his long white and black lines of hair to dance in the air around his face. A few pages were skipped by the wind, as he moved his hand away from the book to regain control of his rebellious hair. Looking in the direction of the wind, an unconscious smile spread on his features as he saw his love had appeared near him. Despite the smile, which he was still unaware of, he was surprised for a moment by her sudden appearance today, wondering if he had forgotten if they had agreed to meet today.
Still mesmerized by the beauty of her soft features, his green eyes of pulsing energies stayed locked on her, as she took a seat next to him. “Good afternoon, my itov (Draconic for "love").” He moved his legs to the side, freeing up a few embroidered cushions to her. “It is. It is a welcome change to the snow-covered landscape, we had before. Merek has been claiming I had gone and become lazy, from snow and the cold. Though the sun is much better to relax in.” He chuckled.
Faranni

Post by Faranni »

Placing herself beside him she laid down, nuzzling her face into his back, taking a moment to appreciate being with him on their own for a change. Being a Deacon her time was usually gone to writing and picking songs to play on each mass or tending the graves near the Cathedral. There hadn't been enough time for just them in a long while.
She breathed in the scent of him, a mix of earth and grass.

"I've missed this, sorry I've been so busy with work..."

Glancing over at Merek and rolling her eyes as Argenth spoke. She knew the man wanted what was best for the half- dragon, a feeling they both shared. But sometimes the human could be a bit to much. "Merkek is...Merek...but I agree, the sun is a welcome thing"

Staying silent for a while, pondering on what to say next. "What are you reading today?"
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

He had observed her as she spoke, taking in and noticing every little movement of her features, and composure as her lips sang her words in her elegant elven accent, even the slightes motion of her eyes. He took it all in, analysing it, storing it in his memories in his search, to understand the basic concepts of emotions.
He had long felt, a strange longing for her at his side, for all this time she has been kept away due to her work. Was it the dragon part in him, a natural desire for what belonged to him? Or was it the human part trying to surface? It was all confusing, as he tried to analyse it all. His emeral green eyes widened, as his chain of thoughts, trying to think of what actions to take next, was broken for a while when she had suddenly disappeared, and was now leaned against him from behind, his mind suddenly empty, left blank from the static commotion. Within the sudden calm inside him, he simply just leaned his head back, resting against her, and to his own surprice even found himself putting his book down, to instead moving his hand past his shoulder and placed his hand on her's, gently stroking her fingers. It was strange, he knew he had read something similar to this, but this was different. They stayed like that, in silence for a time that felt longer then it possibly was, before she spoke. He moved his head slighly to get a view of her, careful for not to cause any problems for his horns. "One of the last Black Books of Zachrin, the great mage. It hints to the creation of this world..." He let her snuggle against him for another few moments, before moving a bit to lie on his back, to have a better view of her and to spare his neck and head, from the awkward position it had found themself in. Running a few fingers through her snowy white hair, as he remembered one of those local creatures, that tended to hang around the Myst tavern, that sayed they could call them friends, had told him females liked that. "I'm trying to figure out, how we ended in this world, when the planar gate were supposed to bring us to the plane of light, and I havn't been able to connect to my planar gates since."
Last edited by Argenth on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faranni

Post by Faranni »

She closed her eyes and smiled at his touch, without any thought, her fingertips began running in tiny circles on his chest. She loved the serenity and calm they had together in this moment. She listened intently to his words, and yet, her mind wanted to drift into the feeling. Bury herself in him, his soul, she wasn't sure if dragons believed in such thing as souls but she was sure Argenth had one.
She gently moved her hand towards his cheeks where a lock of his silvery mane rested and brushed it off, gently stroking his cheek looking into his eyes with one of her softest smiles across her face. Her heart beat hard against her eardrum and her breathing had become heavier.

"I...I have only memories of this world...this, the only place I've known...whatever reason you're here, I'm glad you are" leaning down gently brushing her lips against his, attentive to his movements and reaction. It wasn't the first kiss they'd shared and would probably not be the last. But everytime he seemed to understand her more. Still learning of what it meant to be with someone, to care for someone. Pressing her lips tighter against his, flooding his being with her former withheld passion for a moment, longer then ever before, then releasing herself from the embrace, exhaling deeply and beaming from ear to ear. "Ar lath ma*, Argenth, I love you. I know you probably don't know what that means yet...but just know that I do."

*I love you
Argenth

Post by Argenth »

He watched her attentively. "I..." He tried to answer, but was cut short when she suddenly moved. What was about to happen indeed wasn't new to him with the time they had spend together, though he was still mesmerized for a moment, through his eyes, he saw in the center of her being, her inner fire suddenly, for a moment increase in ferocity. A gentle rumble vibrated from his chest, and rose through his throat as their libs met, and the strange warmth started to spread thoughout him. He knew something was missing, and realizing it, he moved his arm, embracing her while she shared this moment with him.
He gently let his hand slide over her sides, as she released herself again. His green eyes following hers. "One day, if you will still teach me, I hope to learn, what it truely means to love and feel, sia itov*."
The sounds from the training grounds had seized, though even if he noticed it or not, he didn't pay it much attention they where being observed.

*Draconic: My love
Faranni

Post by Faranni »

She nodded, her head resting against him once more. Faranni didn't know much draconic, most of it was what he had taught her. But she new the words he spoke to her with crystal clarity. Having thought it peculiar at first, that they had a word for it in draconic, knowing draconian love differed slightly to that of an elf or human. The rules seemed to differ in what she had read and the dragons she'd met during her time here. Argenth wasn't like any dragon she'd met though.
"I'm not going anywhere, vhenan*..." she reached out and cupped his cheek with one hand "Sia itov... wux tepoha sia kornari vur sepa**..." moving her hand to his chest and then gifting him another lingering kiss. A bright smile filled her expression "You felt how your heart raised its pace? It's a sign of feeling love...the one I feel for you... one of the first signs..." giggling, something in her peripheral vision drew her to break away from his attention and look towards the training grounds.

* My love (elven/dalish - dragon age elven)
** My love you have my heart and soul (Draconian)
Merek

Post by Merek »

Having spent the past few hours on his rutine training, leaving broken and worn out practice weapons piled in a crate noting he would have to make for another new order soon. Merek had taken a moment to freshen up at a barrel of water, washing the worst traces of his hard work away, before he moved inwards to the camp. Passing a few fences, he would check up on for need of repair or signs of animals or other creaturs passing by. Reaching the outer rows of tents, he went over the ropes holding the tents, tightening a few of them up before moving on.

Looking out towards the small cliff near the lake, he spied on Argenth to see if he had helped himself to any of the refreshments, which he had left with him earlier. Noticing he had a visitor, he stood for a time watching the two of them. It took a few moments for him to recognize the women, and a gentle smile crossed his features as he observed the scene play out, losing track of time. He took himself thinking he most look like a father spying on their child having brought someone home with them for the first time. Shaking the thought out of his head, he tried to sneak away to take care of the camp and food preparations for the late afternoon and evening, making a mental note to possibly included Faranni into the dinner plans.