Battle Changes

Moderator: Community Team

Amaryllis
Community Manager

Battle Changes

Post by Amaryllis » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:00 am

We have a number of tweaks going into the battle system with 3.1. Based on feedback from players, we have looked into the NPC Creatures breeding patterns and tweak them so that it would be more even going into 2019. They will in theory not peak as high with certain back end caps to help prevent too many existing at one time. In addition, NPC Battle wins will show the Freznics won when you defeat them.

There has also been some concern regarding the strength of Duel Wielding in battle. In the past, any dual wielded item would only give 50% of the stats towards the battle system. With this release, it has been increased to 75%. This should help the balance between Duel wielding versus using a shield.

We are also happy to announce that the First Strike Skill has been added to the battle code. For those with the skill, you will have to have a bow equipped in either the main weapon, Duel Wield Weapon, or backup weapon slot. It will result in a pre-first round volley of arrows towards your opponents.

Finally, we have added to the battle code to explain better attempted fleeing versus actual fleeing. It will still show attempts to flee, but if you are successful, then it will state that you fled.

Rieron

Re: Battle Changes

Post by Rieron » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:08 pm

Interesting :twisted:
~Mated to Scarlet~ |Father to Ryker| Master Sorcerer, Sargent, and Priest of Cork ~Drachau of Tsera Fuerte~ "Pain is erased when inflicted upon others."

Alder

Re: Battle Changes

Post by Alder » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:28 pm

*moves forwards the scheduling of getting Alder to max level and getting him capable of matching blows with the toughest out there... just in case*
Heads I win, tails you lose... sound fair?
Where do I get my power? Part of it's from knowing what it is to have none.
Theme as of 24/03/18