The Scrap Heap

Moderator: Community Team

Amaryllis
Community Manager

The Scrap Heap

Post by Amaryllis » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:45 am

Recipes have been added to convert scraps into items. Hours required for each batch are between 6 and 12. All of these will be found under the "Components" section of the workshops.

Blacksmiths can make:
- 1 piece of Gold (Requires: 111 scraps of gold and 100% in the Intermediate Forging university class)
- 1 pound of Iron (Requires: 111 scraps of iron and 100% in the Intermediate Forging university class)

Carpenters can make:
- 1 bushel of wood (Requires: 111 scraps of wood and 100% in the Advanced Wood Working university class)

Weavers can make:
- 1 hide Requires: 111 scraps of hide and 100% in the Advanced Weaving university class)
- 1 ball of wool (Requires: 111 scraps of wool and 100% in the Advanced Weaving university class)

Masons can make:
- 1 pound of Stone (Requires: 111 scraps of stone)

Alder

Re: The Scrap Heap

Post by Alder » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:44 am

Immediate thoughts:

At 6 hours per batch at level 3, this means that one can make 4 bushels of wood per day, 2 at level 1... after accounting for the cost of scraps.

I see no situation in which you aren't better off just harvesting new wood unless you are using this to farm workshop skill.

I don't know about other workshops, but I'd imagine they have the same problem if we are looking at similar time scales.
Heads I win, tails you lose... sound fair?
Where do I get my power? Part of it's from knowing what it is to have none. The rest is from obsession with never being that way again.
Theme as of 24/12/18

Duke_of_Earl

Post by Duke_of_Earl » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:25 am

When you click on a scrap item in the market for information, it still says: "Item Does not exist or is not yet available."
NAME, RACE, -banner by Aida

Amaryllis
Community Manager

Post by Amaryllis » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Duke_of_Earl wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:25 am
When you click on a scrap item in the market for information, it still says: "Item Does not exist or is not yet available."
As always, please when anything seems amis use bug tool to report.

Zachrin

Post by Zachrin » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Alder wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:44 am
Immediate thoughts:

At 6 hours per batch at level 3, this means that one can make 4 bushels of wood per day, 2 at level 1... after accounting for the cost of scraps.

I see no situation in which you aren't better off just harvesting new wood unless you are using this to farm workshop skill.
These recipes were added as players had scraps from recycling that they wanted to turn back into items. If you have a suggestion on how you want to see it improved please feel free to put one in. I think the logic is that they don't want to go back out and get the original items. Of course, it will always be easier to get new items than to recycle.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau

balerion

Post by balerion » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:04 pm

I mean I'd have the items be used in repair shops. I had thought that was the entire idea.
King of Kiene
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear

Zachrin

Post by Zachrin » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:36 pm

balerion wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:04 pm
I mean I'd have the items be used in repair shops. I had thought that was the entire idea.
They will be able to be used in that manner once repair shops are rolled out. Until then, this is an alternative that was requested.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau