[ORP] A public complaint to the council

Moderator: Community Team

Grazilda

Re: [ORP] A public complaint to the council

Post by Grazilda » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:16 pm

A messenger sent a note for Alder.
Alder,

I hope this letter finds you well.

It is unfortunate that I am still unable to provide answers to your inquiries. Rieron and I are having a long conversation that requires days of discussion. We have not finished the long talk and it might take a while before it will conclude.

My apologies for the delay.

Sincerely,
Grazilda
Thanks for the banner, Teide!

Alder

Post by Alder » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:00 pm

The changeling glanced over the letter and then shook his head slowly. Honestly, this was just getting... depressing.

Despite the fact that he had found another councillor willing to speak with him, that councillor clearly hadn't interacted much with the rest of the council as far as he could tell.

And, then there was... this. He wasn't sure where to start... with the fact that Grazilda had gotten a response... which was great... or that the response was long and potentially actually worth talking about, which was even better. However, it had been weeks. Weeks.

And it wasn't a 'we're done now, I have an answer', it was a 'yeah, we're just getting started'.

He closed the letter and tried not to let his cynicism for everything on his end get to him... although, he wasn't sure if he had preferred the court when it was just... not happening. Maybe it was time to make another announcement in the square... technically, of his 4 complaints, 1 had been dealt with and 1, he had at least been given an explanation about... but all of them came down to silence and inactivity and refusal to let others take over, which still seemed to be a problem.

Finally, they'd treated a symptom... the disease was still there as ever... and showing new symptoms every week.

The changeling sighed and pocketed the parchment. He'd at least give whatshername time to get something before he made another move. Such only seemed fair.
Heads I win, tails you lose... sound fair?
Where do I get my power? Part of it's from knowing what it is to have none. The rest is from obsession with never being that way again.
Theme as of 24/12/18

Grazilda

Post by Grazilda » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:58 am

It's been weeks since that time when there was q crowd that gathered at the very spot where Grazilda stood.

She looked around and rubbed that sore spot on her arm that got bruised during her duel. She found it highly unlikely that Alder would be there.

She was one who kept her word. She promised him an update and she was her for that. It would have been easier if she just sent a note to Alder to tell what little information she had. However, she preferred to personally speak with him as the initial conversation was a verbal one. Besides, she also wanted to ask how did his duel with Calysta go.

She saw stool and sat there. If Alder won't pass by that area in a few hours, she would send him a letter.

Grazilda

Post by Grazilda » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:25 am

Grazilda waited but Alder did not pass by the place where she was. Thus, she grabbed a parchment and searched for a table so that she could write her letter.

Alder,

I hope this message finds you well.

I finished speaking with Rieron, after days of discussion, and he told me about the status of the council. The cases have been moving, and the records have been made public. There were other matters that have been discussed. If I provide the details here, we are running the risk of outsiders and enemies getting hold of them. While I am certain that you will keep the details to yourself as they include matters of Kieneian security, we could not deny the fact that walls have eyes and ears.

Simply put, cases have been solved. The lands are protected. And the Council will try to inculcate more interaction among the citizens of Kiene.

Thank you for being very patient about this.

Sincerely,
Grazilda
She found a Dalakoi guard to personally hand the letter to Alder.

Alder

Post by Alder » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:06 pm

He received the letter and then stared at it for a few seconds, then started laughing.

Mages, if they thought that those court cases were 'resolved' and that it showed that they were actually doing something... to him, it showed mostly that the council had failed to communicate to the judge... hell, literally all that could be said about those cases was that it was literally impossible to mess them up 'more' than they already had been at this point.

Walls have eyes and ears, eh?

How about pieces of paper? He rolled his eyes and screwed the letter into a ball, then tossed it into the fire.

If it wasn't for the fact that he had a very pressing personal project, he'd be throwing all he had into his efforts to make the council do more and expose their incompetency and disdain for the citizens of Kiene. Well... he'd given whatshername her chance to get results... and he had his own project to work on... if he completed that and was still alive, then it would be time to start work on Kiene again... unless he really did, somehow, see signs of change.
Heads I win, tails you lose... sound fair?
Where do I get my power? Part of it's from knowing what it is to have none. The rest is from obsession with never being that way again.
Theme as of 24/12/18