[ORP] Ettinford: A Tale by the Sea

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Andrzej

Re: [ORP] Ettinford: A Tale by the Sea

Post by Andrzej »

Andrzej rested his chin on the palm of his hand as he considered her question. "My family is not in the area so I'm not needed anywhere else at the present time" he responded as he ran his fingers through the soft grass. As he sat there he thought of his little sister and what she'd be doing right now. She already did amazingly well with her studies so much so that his mother never missed a chance to sing her praises when they wrote to each other.
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

Aileigh listened to his simple response before tilting her head with a fond smile, "My mother's favourite cousin is Othniel. I grew up with him; I don't get to see him too much now though. He stayed in Bravia when we moved to Fenia."

Othniel was also a Goldeye, but unlike Andrzej, he was of blood relation. His mother was a Sanchari, with his father a Goldeye. She silently wondered if they knew each other well, but did not ask. She knew Othniel spent his teenage years isolated while his grandfather helped him learn how to control the beast within... Because of course, he had his own panther form as well. Her thoughts then moved to wondering if she and Andrzej would get along as well as Aishe and Othniel. She valued the relationship between them. Maybe her own Goldeye protector will become a friend too.

"Maybe we could spar sometime." She said absently. Now that she was no longer pregnant, there was no reason to not work on training. "Serendipity has taught me self defense. Mostly hand-to-hand combat, but a bit of bladework too. I would like to practice some more. My true strength is... Unknown."

She shied away, looking from Andrzej when she finished her sentence. Being a damphyr - half vampire, half human, was challenging in their culture. Normally, the undead was severely hated. It was the reason she stepped down as Aishe's heir - she knew her baby sister, Amelia, would be much more welcomed as the future Kralisi than she would be. While Aileigh appeared very lively with pink cheeks and warm skin, beneath the guise was an unknown creature. Perhaps even a monster.

The princess regretted mentioning her status because while he knew what she was, she often tried to not draw attention to the fact she was a complicated being. While blue eyes fixated on the gardens around them, she spotted a familiar figure in the distance. It was her wife, surely having come out to explore more of the grounds. When Thea spotted them however, she turned around back towards the estate house. After a brief moment of debate, she let her partner go and looked back to Andrzej.

"It means all the more to know that you have our backs, despite circumstances." She decided to address the elephant in the room she created when referencing her damphyr status. Every so often, the shy girl reared her head, but she had put in a lot of work to become more bold and unforgiving - because a princess ought not to apologize. It was advice her best friend, Amnestria, gave her. "Do you like swimming? Skye doesn't." Her cousin actually hated water, which had made the sailing trip from Bravia to Fenia interesting a few years ago, upon their arrival to Fenian soil.

Aileigh stood, grinning to the idea of dipping into the nearby pond. She loved to swim and while the ocean was a day's ride away, the large pond on the Ettinford grounds did wonders for the urge to be near water. Andrzej did not resist, standing as well to follow the raven-haired girl away from the swing. They walked around the edge of the garden until the groomed bushes became a bit wilder. There, partially in the shade of a giant willow tree, the clear water beckoned her. She pulled her skirt off, not wanting the wet fabric to slow her down. Wearing a pair of tiny shorts under the skirt, she kept her shirt on and began to wade into the water. A happy sigh left her lips as she continued further into the water until only her head was above. Long, black hair spread around her atop the water's surface as she turned around.
Aileigh Mae Maarah Sanchari Winterbourne | Seer of BDR | Viscountess of Ettinford
Wife to Thea | Mother of Zevander, Corabel, Elodie, Lenora, Ezra, & Imogen
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
| Sanchari Family [Profile]
Andrzej

Post by Andrzej »

Andrzej smiled as he watched her enter the water. He kicked his shoes off and sat down putting his feet in the water as he leaned back on his hands. "Aye I love to swim...I taught my little sister how to swim" he stated as the water rippled lazily around his ankles. "I've not spent much time with Othniel but when I have seen him in passing we've gotten on well". As he sat there thinking about the male in question he thought back to his own circumstances upon embracing his change into his panther. He'd known some of what to expect after hearing what Othniel had gone through so once he'd started showing signs of the change he ventured off into the forest to learn how to control his inner beast. His father and grandfather had offered to go with him but he'd wanted to do it on his own. If he was going to be a true protector for his family and others he wanted to know that he had the capability to protect them. Many months had he spent in isolation as he learned how to control his inner beast. It wasn't until he'd finally returned home that he'd learned that his mother was with child with his little sister although at the time they knew not what gender she'd be. The moment his sister was born and he held her in his arms he knew that he'd do whatever it took to make sure she remained safe just like now he'd do whatever it took to ensure that the Kralisi's own daughter remained safe.
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

It pleased her to hear that he enjoyed swimming. Even though he was not swimming with her, having him at the water made her feel more comfortable knowing that he was not as fearful as Skye when it came to getting wet. In some ways, her older cousin was very catlike. Blue eyes focused on Andrzej curiously. She had watched him throughout their travels and found that he shared some similarities to Skye and Othniel's behaviour. She found it intriguing. The gene skipped her mother and as a result, herself. There had been times when she wondered what her life would be like if she also had the werecat within her.

"I think everyone gets along with Uncle O, to be honest. He's a party."

She shifted to float on her back, enjoying the silence the water filling her ears brought. After a few minutes, she resumed an upright position with everything below her shoulders in the water. Her gaze went back to him, daring to inquire something a bit more personal.

"How does it feel? I have always wondered."
Aileigh Mae Maarah Sanchari Winterbourne | Seer of BDR | Viscountess of Ettinford
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
Andrzej

Post by Andrzej »

"To be a panther...It was a bit disorienting at first because I had to learn a whole new set of senses and even now in my human form those senses are still as strong" Andrzej responded as he leaned his head back to look up at the sky above them. "While in my panther form it's like freedom in a way...After a long tiring and stressful day all it takes is a run through the woods in my panther form with nature surrounding me and I'm filled with peace...When I'm traveling by myself I usually travel in my panther form...I guess that's why my mother calls me her little beast sometimes". A soft chuckle fell from his lips as he turned his attention back to the water. He could still remember the first time his mother had called him her little beast. He'd just returned from his self-imposed isolation and rather than transform back to his human form he had traveled back home as a panther. His mother had taken one look at him and placed her hands on hips before telling him that she wanted to hug the man that he was and not the little beast before her.
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

The intensity of her gaze grew with curiosity as he answered her question. She nodded, acknowledging what he said, but said nothing for a few more moments. Instead, her fingers played with the surface of the water while her mind wandered. How would it feel to be a vampire? A full vampire. Would she ever be like that some day? Or would she forever be stuck in this odd limbo between knowing and not knowing her true self.

The train of thought brought a new question. The longer she spoke with him, the more bold and comfortable she was.

“Do I bother you? What I am? What my mother is?” She stared at him, openly curious. “It’s okay if it does. I only wish to know the truth.”

She was undead. Well, partially. And the Romany people did not like the undead. What is dead should stay dead. It was the story they were raised on from a young age: the fall of Manjipoor. Aileigh was not so naive as to believe everyone loved and welcomed her… Nor did she blame them for it.
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
Andrzej

Post by Andrzej »

Andrzej gazed at her as he sat upright and rested his elbows on his knees. "Not in the slightest...What you are doesn't define who you are...It's a person's actions that define who they are" he responded as he laced his fingers together. "I may have grown up in the romany way of life but I can make my own opinions about a person" .

After a few minutes of deliberation Andrzej rose to his feet and rolled up his pants legs before removing his shirt. He then made his way into the water making sure to keep a respectable distance from Aileigh. "Our caravan is different from most and more accepting of the differences in people"
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

Aileigh was not sure what she expected, but she relaxed a bit when he answered. It was good to know that the man who was assigned to watch her did not hold any preconceived grudges against her person. She was a good person. The twenty year old went out of her way to help others, lived with her heart on her sleeve, and brought cheer to as many as she could. She was wild and free, but good natured. The mischievous nature of her other mother had rubbed off on her brothers, not her.

She looked away when he took his shirt off, fiddling with a strand of hair. The water felt refreshing and she was glad he wanted to cool off too, so she did not feel so strange for her swim. After he was submerged, she laid her hands flat atop the water as if it was a hard surface. She drummed her fingers, causing ripples to roll from the movement.

“I am relieved to hear that. Thank you.” Her smile was genuine. “It’s been almost two years since my mother reunited the two Natsi under one flag. I know tolerance has grown, but I also expect to never be accepted by some. It’s why I stepped down as heir.”

The statement was factual, with little emotion attached to it. She accepted her decision, which she made on her own. It upset Aishe, but she came around to it when Aileigh refused to change her mind.

“Amelia will become a great Kralisi,” the young woman said with a gleam in her eyes. “Maybe some day, you’ll protect her instead. In the meantime, I hope we can become friends.”

A coy grin spread across her lips. Her hands moved, scooping water away from her and towards him to cause a splash. She laughed and feigned an apologetic look. “You looked like you needed the extra cool water.”

The raven haired lass paused, smiling, before speaking honestly, I think you’ll find that I am a bit unusual.”
Daughter of Aishe & Akos
Andrzej

Post by Andrzej »

Andrzej chuckled as he wiped the water from his eyes. "Well as heir I'm sure your sister has her fair share of guards already" he responded as he ran his fingers through his hair. As he waded in the water he surveyed their surroundings. Everything was so peaceful and beautiful. "How are the little ones faring" he questioned as he turned his attention back towards Aileigh. He'd only caught brief glimpses of the little ones during their travels and already he felt protective towards them.
Aileigh

Post by Aileigh »

It was true: there were no shortage of guards over her siblings. They were princes and princesses in two of the most prominent nations - Fenia and the Boreens Durri Roma. Their most fierce protector though as their mother, Aishe. She had literally given her life to make sure Amelia was born safely. Anyone who knew the woman understood she would never stop if it meant protecting her children. She was the ultimate she-wolf with a watchful eye on her cubs. It was one reason being apart from Aileigh for the first time in their lives as a struggle for them both.

Aileigh’s smile grew when he asked about her own children. “Beautiful and perfect. They aren’t even a month old yet and I love them so much. I’ve noticed they have different personalities already, considering they are just sleeping peanuts.”

Speaking about them brought in the desire to see them and to hold them. She resisted because she imagined they were sleeping and it was best not to wake them.

“Belle’s eyes are turning grey already. Ellie’s has stayed blue though. I am just… In love. They are what love is.

Do you want children some day?”
Daughter of Aishe & Akos