[ORP] Ettinford: A Tale by the Sea

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Re: [ORP] Ettinford: A Tale by the Sea

Post by Aishe »

She looked on with horror as the blackness of his blood began to seep through his shirt and drip onto the floor at his feet. He seemed unfazed and pain free, but seeing such a visual put her mind into a tizzy. She shook her head, but he grabbed her and pulled her back to him, forcing her head to the now dampness of his chest. She wanted to cry, she wanted to pull away, now feeling as though this trickery was a new form of torture instead, but she found herself frozen. In absence to his heartbeat, she heard a very distinct crying. It was a cry she rarely heard, but that would forever be seared into her mind because it was perhaps the most painful noise to hear. Akos's heart was breaking.

She stumbled away from him. He eyes feverishly searched, darting to and fro of their surroundings as if some secret answer laid tucked before them. The sob she had squashed at the beach was beginning to rise back up, the tremble of her hands returning as she gripped the nearby table for support. Was this a panic attack? Dear mage, what a mess she was.

If I wanted to give up, I'd not be here. Her words were sharply said, despite the tremor of breath. She felt her answers needed to be worded carefully, least she was fooled into committing to moving on into the wrong direction. Bright, tear laden eyes rose up to him. Do you think I would not want to? I'd like to think my real husband would know I would fight tooth and nail to get back. I would dig myself out of a six foot grave if I had to. I just... I don't know how to get home.

The tremble now reached her voice. Is that honest enough for you, Zuan?
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
♛ Queen Mother of Fenia | The White Wolf | Senator of Bravia🍓
Kralisi Kaer of Boreens Durri Roma (BDR) ☾ Rani Ji Purrana
[Art | Historian ]
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

He nodded softly. Anger and annoyance. That was, if anything a good sign. The tears and tremble were naturally, it was after all a situation they no doubt wished they did not face, and of course the emotions would follow. But he was confident, in her, in himself and in Akos to keep his passing a secret long enough for them to return back to the land of the living. And so, as tears entered her eyes, he pulled her in for another tight embrace, and sung a few words, poorly he might add, from a sung she would remember well. It was a song he believed she only had sung to him, and she had only sung it when they were alone and together. In times of joy, bliss, sadness, sorrow, lust and love, she had sung it, and now he repeated the words he could remember, in a tune that was nothing like that she could produce, but he hoped it would give her some hope, some peace, and some faith that they, together would escape this.

He continued on for a minute or so, before finally looking down and into her eyes and whispering.
”I believe it should be ‘Is that honest enough for you, Husband?’ He said with his trademark smirk, as if to reassure her that all would indeed be well, and that she could indeed escape if she so wished. ”Have you considered tapping your shoes together three times and thinking of home?” He joked, again acting as reassurance before continuing. ”I think the question is Aishe, where do you think home to be? Is it an old cottage in Bravia? A beach for new hopes and dreams? A castle made of thick stone walls? Or a manor built for nobility?” He paused for a moment. Because I think for you to return, you must first decide where home is no? And you have had many homes, you have travelled, and settled in many towns and kingdoms. You have memories that take you across Kingdoms and continents, all you have to decide is where that is… He said gently. Before taking a seat at the table, using this moment of peace to speak about matters.

”I cannot pretend to know that answer. For each of us I think the true home is hidden within our own hearts, because homes are not buildings, or castles or houses. They are people. They are family. I found you because you are my family, and you are my home. So I took this chance, this risk, in hopes to bring you back home. To your family. To Akos, to me, and to all our children. And if you consider that to be your home, more than any building or place, then I believe…” He paused again, remembering how his conscious and subconscious thoughts had created himself in this existence. ”You simply have to believe. Believe you wish to go home, with your heart and mind, and if you cannot, then something must be pinning you here, something which wants to free itself from the shackles of our world and our family. And I assure you, if it tries, I will stop it.”
High King of The Fenians - Brother to Dahlia, Ambra, Trinity, Sera & Zhou
Aishe
Location: OOC: On RL maternity leave. In retreat IG, checking forums occasionally. Available on discord.

Post by Aishe »

Once in his arms, breathing became easier again. The panic fell to the wayside, wide eyes turning up to stare at him as he attempted to sing to her. A strange noise left her in response, a mixture of a laugh and a sob, as her tears finally fell free down her face. The song he was trying to imitate was in Romanes, a specific dialect found in the most northern parts of the continent from the area that her family had once originated from before her birth. Before her grandfather rebelled and abandoned the mighty Natsia his mother had built in ambition to have his own with purity and human superiority. Not much had been taught from that dialect, but this song was one that her grandmother used to sing to her when she was a child. It always stuck with her and as an adult with her own family, she found herself sharing it in times of privacy.

The words, as poorly pronounced as they may have been, helped ground her. It dashed any doubt she had about the man who had his arms around her. He was real. He was Zuan. And he was here to save her. Once again, she was a damsel in distress and he was, apparently, her knight in a blood-soaked shirt. She had been so desperate to harness a new power to keep her from being in a position of damsel and in the end, that killed her. It killed him, figuratively and literally, and she knew it was killing Akos all the same. Knowing that hurt much worse than any mortal wound could.

She listened to his words, the comfort being rejoined with mild annoyance. As if she had not already thought of an answer as simple as 'believe it' or 'wish it'. Of course she had tried that! Being in isolation clearly made her irritable and unstable as she shifted on her feet, watching him sit.

Don't get comfortable; we'll have to move again in a minute. Her warning was followed by a sigh, slender fingers running through her hair as she looked heavenwards in frustration. Akos is my home. You are my home. My soulmates.

The word hung in the air as she looked back at him. It had never been a term she had used in reference to him. She loved him fiercely, but Akos, she was her soulmate and that would never change. They had centuries for that bond to cement and their souls were so intertwined that there was no way to separate from each other again. They were forever.

I guess that's what you are now, isn't it? It's how you're here. She scoffed to her quiet musings, brow furrowed. Everything we have done to save Akos bound you to her and her to you. And now, you to I. That's it, isn't it? I fall for a king and my wife becomes his soulmate. That's poetic.

Oh yes, unstable indeed.

It took us thirteen years in the Nether to work through my betrayal, and here its the bond of you two that actually holds us all together. The world doesn't see that, do they? They see you and me, and they forget about her. They think me a lady with my skirt wide open and her a prisoner to my ambitions. We're just some mistresses to a king who does not know how to love. They don't know anything. They forget she's the reason for all of this. They forget that she's the one. Our true love. Her. It's all been for her and they forget it. A life for a life. Her hand fidgeted with the hilt of her sword. A life for a life. My life. Our life. Her life. Why did you... It doesn't matter. I'm shackled to this place. I don't know how to break the chain. My options have, thus far been, stay and struggle, give into Him, or go into the new horizon.

She spurred forward, grabbing onto him without warning and closed her eyes once again. They were now atop a cliff with powerful wind pulling at the tall grasses around them. It was a cliff in Puria, not far from the place the Purians had tried to burn her alive a few years ago. Mages did it have a beautiful view, though. Yet again, the king had landed on his rear for he had taken the luxury of sitting in a world best kept on your feet. Piercing eyes looked down at him, unapologetic for the sudden change.

My soul wants to be reborn. It's not like yours, Zuan, you know this. I am the chain keeping it from finding a new life. I'm still here fighting for you, fighting for her. I need you, both. There's no point in living if I do not have you two at my side and if I go into that light...

A solemn gaze rose to meet the horizon of the sea, where a bright line shone across the entirety of it.

You're new to this game of souls, ves'tacha, but the cycle is not fun. The dying, the being born, the waiting for something you do not even know you are missing, and then losing it all again after you finally have your pieces together. I have lived over a hundred lives and the last dozen, she has been my purpose for existing. You are my purpose. Do you not think I have not done everything I can think of to try to find my way back? I don't want to go. I don't want to die.

Is that honest enough for you, soulmate?
Aishe Ehsan Sanchari-Kuhlash | Married to Akos | Mother of Dynasties | Mum of 16
[Art | Historian ]
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

With Akos gone before her to Zuan, Serendipity's eyes lingered on the bedroom. Soka and Aian seemed in a particularly deep concentration, so she quietly stepped back and closed the door as to not disturb them. Aeton was still behind her, causing her to nearly bump into him. She could tell he intended to go into the bedroom to rejoin his twin, but she placed a hand on his chest with a shake of her head.

"You look horrible." It was the understatement of the year in this house - they were all worn with dark circles and weary bones. But Aeton looked far more drained than his other half and standing so close to him, she realized just how badly. "When's the last time you slept, Aeton? You still need to do that, you know." He didn't appear to be listening, gazing off into the distance over her shoulder. Lips pursed into a frown, her hand moved to his arm in attempt to garner his attention. "You're gonna k--"

And just like that, shadows leapt from the ground and swallowed them whole.
Bond to Aeton Sanchari | Mother of Zipporah, Yara, Nox, Eydahl, Eydís, Juniper, & Valen
Lady of the Vale | Guardian Protector to Aishe, Akos & co. | BDR Natsia | (Aishe Art)
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

He listened to her for a time, staying silent, as if to enable or allow her to get all the thoughts of her chest which were now doubt dug deep and clawing around her very heart. It was indeed a complex web they had weaved between the three of them, and the consequences of that union were not so simple as words said in a temple. To explain it to an outsider would be no simple task, it would like attempting to teach them another language, however to them it was a very real, delicate and precious affair.

Thus he remained still and silent, however frustration and anger did grow within. As she threw words in her direction, each one cut deeper than the knife which Akos had plunged into his chest, as they were emotional, personal and deep. The claims she made and the points she presented, all of it a warped view of the world and of their relationship and their family. And what angered him most was that she was so blind to the single-most truth of all, the thing he was telling her about and had been saying since they finally came into contact with one another.

Before he could speak or say a word in response as she became silent, she gripped hold of him and within another blink they were gone, away from the cosy little cottage and now upon a cliff, his eyes instinctively looked down the cliff edge and into the sea below, which was dark as the night given it’s distance and the waves which struck like boulders against the cliff atop which they stood.

He tried to speak, but again she beat him to the punch and continued on. She explained how her soul wished to reborn, and how it was her, this physical manifestation of her, which was keeping it from passing on, yet the anger did not subside, quite the opposite. Fear. She mentioned not the word, but the expression, the fear of the cycle, of dying and rebirth, of forgetting and remembering only to lose it all again. She was scared, whether she wished to admit it or not, and it was that same fear that in truth that had brought her to this place.

There was silence. Was that honest enough for him? Well he wondered, how honest were the words that now began to leave his lips, as he retorted. His expression frustrated more than angry, but yet the words were those of a man who for two weeks had not known the health of his wife or his child. Who had waited and wondered, who had told his wife that he did not trust her magic, and that blood and magic should not be mixed, but did she listen? Did she care how deep it cut him, him of all people, when she used that which had carved the scars into his body which she often ran her fingers across in their more private moments. And so finally he paid her honesty back with his own.

”Yes. That is honest enough, but now it’s time you’re honest with yourself, but since I know that to be impossible, perhaps it’s time I let the truth cut deep with my words rather than your own.

The only reason we are here is because you didn’t listen. Because you took on that damned magic and those cursed runes believing you could harness it to survive. Because instead of listening to me, your husband, your lover, your protector, who has seen the dark and the damned which that blood magic creates, who is a walking memory of that malediction, you believed your power to be stronger and greater than what that evil craved. And through that arrogance and through that fear you gave it what you wanted. You gave it your life. Do not pretend you sacrificed it for some noble goal or our daughter, do not put such falsity upon her head nor on that of our wife. You can blame me if you so crave, but the choice, and you know it, came from your own heart.”
He paused and pushed some of the hair out from his eyes before continuing.

”I gave you the tools to survive, all you had to do was continue with the potions provided, but no, you gave into something darker, something deeper. You say the world sees you as naught more than your ambition, yet what benefit does evil magic bring other than suffering to you or to others? Admit it. You were scared.” He said, his greyish blue eyes piercing her own eyes as he looked directly at her, no apology or sympathy could be found in his words, only the blunt truth of a husband shattered, tired, angry and feeling betrayed. "And that fear led you to use that which you did not know or understand, and you have to admit that to yourself, because I cannot force that truth upon you." He said in an exasperated fashion, before continuing, now focusing on the other point, about their souls and the woven bond between the three of them. ”You stand there, and you dare to say that this is all for Akos, that she’s the one, our true love. My dear you. Are. Not. Listening.” He bellowed as the winds picked up around them.

”Akos and I are soul-bound through the blood which courses through my veins and which keeps the evil within her at bay. It is a bond built on necessity which grew into that of care, friendship, love and support. However, it was built on the necessity of my blood.” He paused and pushed his hair out of his eyes again as the wind whipped it around his face. ”You on the other-hand. You are the bond I chose. You are the woman I chose to love. You are the woman I took a knife in the heart for. You are the one I crave and you are the soul I chose to weave myself with.” He continued on. "It was you I rode through the snow for that bitter winter night, alone and unafraid, willing to die to protect you from the creatures from the snow. No thought or hesitation, just the simple desire to see you safe." He ran a hand across her cheek. "It was you I changed the course of history for, when I met you on that beach all those years ago." He let the silence sit for a moment. "It was you I took on Kiene for and brought it to heel, it was you I wanted to be mother to my heir, it was you I wanted in my arms and in my bed. In my heart and in my soul... He leaned in, this time being the one to pull her close, pressing her form to his as he looked her in the eyes as he said his final words. ”I chose you. Now. What do you chose?”
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

She listened, tears swelling and vision blurring. His words hit her hard before the wind could tear them away. Any resolve she had kept during this never-ending isolation was crumbling around her, knees once again wavering beneath her. He put a weight on her chest, one of impossible size, crushing her so completuly and utterly.

Yes. She was scared. She was petrified. There as no denying it. She was terrified to die. She was terrified of losing. But more strongly, she was terrified of loss. She was more shaken with the potential death of their daughter than the possibility of her own. He slung his words at her like an unruly child slung rocks at empty bottles, each one leaving a fresh sting. She fought to remain unmoved, to mask the pain with indifference and anger, which certainly boiled beneath it all.

She wanted to yell and scream at him. To tell him she did not regret any of it and that she would do it all again - because she would. She had no doubt: if she thought the runes would save their children or him or anyone she cared about, she would do it. Without hesitation.

But she supposed, standing on that cliff stuck in an inbetween space, she could not handle the consequences. Why else had she not accepted her fate and walked into the horizon? The consequence of securing her daughter's entry into their world was hers leaving it. She had stayed and fought, just the same as her loved ones fought for her in the real world. She would always fight until she could not anymore, no matter the battleground or the opposition. The game had changed, but she had refused to lay down her sword. Was that selfish of her? Was that unjust? Was this all a lesson that she needed to learn?

She did not resist when he pulled her close, but neither could she meet his gaze. The tears streamed down her pale cheeks and there was much she wanted to say, if only she could find her voice. Something she despised most was feeling she had no voice... It was what drove her to the roles she had accomplished. No one could steal her voice away. It took a moment before she spoke up above the howling wind, with a face of fresh determination and pain.

I would not do it differently. Bold words from a woman physically quivering beneath the emotional weight she felt. Think what you want, but you were not there. It was both of us or it was me. My only regret is that I’ve been stuck and that you all have been trying so hard when maybe I should have just accepted the consequence. Would you prefer that? Take responsibility for my actions as nature intended me to? Stop thinking I can bend the rules we do not control?

Because I thought you’d have much preferred me to come home to you instead.

I am not a fool, Zuan, even if you think me one. Yes, I did not listen to you. Does that irritate you? You’ve been king for so long, people jump when you say to, and your own wife wouldn’t obey you. But, do you see why I’ve done it? You have your own past, your own scars; you cannot stand there and tell me that you would not and have not done everything you can do for your family. You have a literal dagger in your heart right now because YOU will risk everything. Why am I not allowed to? How is THIS ANY DIFFERENT.

You can hate me for it, but I will always do anything in my power to protect my family. You gave me a way to do that in a form I could not have imagined I’d ever have. You have given me the chance to be powerful, so they can be safe. I can figure it out, I know I can! This is a.. temporary setback.

One big "setback", she’d admit, if one could call it that. Being married to a necromancer made death seem less... Severe. Death was a setback to her great purpose. It'd have been fine, surely, should she not have lost her ties to her body during the process and began trapped in her goldfish bowl.

He was near his boiling point, but she kept going without so much as a breath for him to cut in. He couldn't take her voice.

I am not going to stop. I’ll be more careful, but I am not stopping. You will have to take your blood away; that’s the only way you can stop me. Lock me in a cell or get out of my way. I will figure this out and we will be better for it.

What a not so subtle way of saying he could not control her. It was, to a degree, certainly something he loved about her. She was a free spirit and a queen in her own authority, which added an interesting bump to the dynamic. This, however... This was a whole new level. She knew she had shown obsessive tendencies of her runic studies. She wasn't an idiot. She knew she had made careless mistakes in her need to master this temperamental magic. And she was learning from it. She truly believed that, despite all of Zuan's warnings, she would find a way to harness it all in a proper form that would be safe and fruitful. If there was one thing her life had taught her, it was that she hated being powerless. It was the only reason that she had come to accept her vampirism. It was the reason she trained until she had been covered in bruises with Serendipity. It was the reason this gift of manipulative, blood magic was so important to her. If she figured it out, she'd be untouchable. No one could knock her down. No one could hurt those she loved.

Any initial response from her husband was swept up in a roaring howl, something new carrying on the wind. Her eyes grew wide, realizing that they had spent too much time exchanging such calm and loving words to each other. She looked to the land behind them, seeing a darkness creeping and leering. With a tight grip, her hand shot up to grab his arm and her eyes closed, but time seemed to slow. Instead of relocating them, she opened her eyes. Swollen and red, they peered up into his with an idea.

Do something I've not done before...

Do you trust me?
[Art | Historian ]
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

He did not speak, not that he was given a chance too, as she rambled on about her justification and reasoning, but in truth, to him, it was but white noise. She could make any claim she wished about dark magic, the reality was the sacrifice was always more than the reward, it was the nature of all magic which relied upon the energy of life-force. However he did not get his chance to retort, and in truth, part of him was so very tired of it all.

He knew full well as she continued on that nothing he could say would sway her, and he only wondered how many corpses would have to litter her path before she realised she had walked the wrong road. He wondered if she noticed as she admitted that she craved and wanted power, manifesting it into this raw uncontrollable form of spellcraft. However as he looked into her eyes he knew she did not. Fear and poorly thought out magic rarely made successful bed-fellows, and now here they were, the consequences of those choices which she still could not accept.

If he did not love her. He would have walked away. Because he already knew the problems that would be created, the lives lost, and the inevitable fight which lay upon that unseen horizon when her powers did spiral, her control was lost, and it was enacted as she so stated, to protect. Yet to protect could mean to harm, to maim, or to kill. All it took was a shift in mindset, from that of loving mother to vengeful wolf and then the true suffering would begin.

Yet he was also a fool, and he also had his failings, thus he would not walk away, he loved her too deeply to stop the storm he knew would come if he now returned her to the land of the living. He had been blinded from it for a time, but now he could see it, plain as day, yet much like the man who built his house upon the sand seeing the tide come in, he would not leave the house, and he would not abandon her here.

‘Do you trust me?’ She asked. No he thought in the wisest part of his mind. Yes, his heart said. Yes his soul sang.
”Yes.” His lips uttered.
Aishe

Post by Aishe »

There was a relief from his answer that, in normal circumstances, might have caused concern. Did she, in that moment, doubt his response? A part of her had wondered the moment the question left her lips. For the first time, she realized there was a fault, a crack in the stone, splitting them apart, and it all rested on her.

I'm sorry.

The apology was said quietly, perhaps too quietly, as she turned away from him to face the dreaded darkness. More loudly, she rushed in an explanation to the logic of her plan. You're the bridge. I see that now. We have to leave together and I know how.

Blue eyes darted up to his face, desperate and searching. Everything she had said before was already forgotten to her. Now was no time for quarrels, but for survival. He would not get her and He would be getting nowhere near either of her soulmates.

We need to jump.

The cliff's edge was mere feet away, but the distance seemed to grow after she spoke. She was either right, or she was wrong. She supposed that's how life went. You live or you die. Ironic. Inhaling sharply, she moved forward, sliding her hand down his arm to interlace her fingers with his. This had to work; she could not be responsible for leaving Akos alone. Swallowing her hesitation, she could not bare to look at him with the feeling of guilt overwhelming the rage she had moments ago. Her eyes closed with a quiet, 'I love you' murmured that the wind easily drowned out. And then, she stepped forward.

Back in the real world, within the dreaded bedchambers no one wished to be, came a much sought after noise. A desperate intake of air shook the vampire queen, the muscles of her lungs struggling to inflate after laying still for so long. She gasped several times, eyes wildly darting and hands frantic for something, anything. Her mind could not comprehend where she was, while her body fought to function. Her ears rung so loudly that she could not even hear her own struggle for breath, while her eyes refused to focus on her surroundings. She felt hands on her, but she instinctually pushed them away until her sight finally settled on the nearest face of her sister-in-law in a contrasting crispness to everything else. A hand shot forward, grasping Sokanon's shirt tightly with a desperation in her eyes, but with no voice to match. Where were her spouses? She was not sure what had happened. She knew she had died, she could feel that in the ache of her bones and the staleness on her tongue. But something nagged at her - were they alright?
[Art | Historian ]
SanchariTwins

Post by SanchariTwins »

OOC: Please note that Aian is the only twin now participating in this RP as Aeton has disappeared into another realm.

She was awake. After so much time Aian had begun to think it would never happen. The rough, rattling breath was quite possibly the most beautiful thing he had ever heard, as he stood, wide eyed and dumbfounded as his Mother took hold of his Aunt's shirt and pulled her close. It was only then that the young man was spurned into action. While all others in the room fussed about over the newly revived woman, Aian himself turned and sprinted out the door, his only focus now to inform the King and his Ma that Aishe had woken.

It didn't occur to him to knock, so the scene that confronted him as he burst through the doors of the Kings chambers was absolutely mortifying. The elated She's Awake! fell from his lips as his mind registered the blade in Zuan's chest. Fearful eyes cast upwards to meet the red, eyes of his Ma, puffy from crying; a sight he could not ever remember seeing before. He walked slowly towards the bed, almost reverently not wanting to disturb the unsettling silence in the room.

Ma. Aian spoke softly, as he stood at the Kings bedside. Had the Zuan committed suicide when he'd heard about Aishe? Aian wasn't sure that was something that Zuan could actually do, and yet, here they were with the King clearly dead before them. Ma... He began again, uncertainty marring his features, Mum's awake.

The shuddered sob was not what he was expecting to hear in response to this amazing news. Not from Akos. He watched on silently as his Ma lowered her lips to the Kings forehead to offer a tender kiss. It all felt entirely too personal an interaction for him to be witnessing, and yet Aian found he could not move his eyes away from it. The need to comfort Akos was overwhelming, somehow despite their efforts his Ma had still lost a spouse. Reaching forward, wanting to provide comfort, he was stopped with a raised hand and a shake of his Ma's head.

Wait.

And so he did. He waited as his Ma wrapped a shaky hand around the hilt of the dagger and pulled.
Zuan

Post by Zuan »

He was still, and then he was not. Fresh air flooded his lungs, as the wound within his chest seamlessly dissipated replaced by flesh that stitched itself back together as if woven by an invisible seamstress. The air felt cold as the King’s eyes which had been blank for a time now showed life as he blinked once and then twice. Confused, yet aware. He could not remember what had occurred after the dagger had been plunged into his chest, however he remembered the discussion before. His consciousness could only mean one thing. Aishe’s survival. He blinked again, eyes slowly adapting to the light of the chamber, as the morning sunshine dazzled and dazed the eyes which had not been ready to grant him vision.

He slowly sat up, and looked down at the dagger, blackened crimson with his blood, before his eyes turned to look at Akos and then noted the other figure in the room Aian. Oh what risks man made for foolish folly, to hide ones secrets, yet to lay them bare, knowing still that knowledge in minds and hearts not yet ready, could create whispers and winds that could crash down upon any castle. His secret had been rumbled, yet he hoped no further than one boy. The boy of Akos and Aishe, he hoped would have some sense to keep his silence on what he had witnessed. Secrets like this were best kept in the dark.

Though they could not see it, as he breathed and looked around, he felt as if he had aged some thousand years, not that he rightly knew what that felt like, but if he was granted a guess, he would assume this is what it felt like. Weakness rushed into his mind, pain still echoed where the wound had once lay, but his expression was un-telling. It was not a time for weakness, not now of all times. Rest and peace would grant him some cure, but it was not a trick he was keen on repeating anytime soon. Desperate times, desperate measures, damned consequences.

How long he sat there he was not sure, sitting up, breathing that nectar of life known as air, before finally his brain triggered into action. Looking from his wife to the boy he exchanged no words, simply rising to his feet and tearing off his doublet and undershirt, hastily throwing both into the fireplace, not caring for the precious fabrics or materials which now turned to embers and ash. Quickly throwing open his wardrobe he put over himself a fresh attire, the blood it seemed had not pierced the sheets, and that was good, no one outside of this room could be aware of what had transpired, least of all for Aishe’s sake. Last thing she needed to feel was guilt after all now she was back among the living.

Slowly he turned to his wife, and then to his son-in-law.
”So? What are we waiting for? I do believe a mother needs to be reunited with her daughter, and then she can be reunited with her family no?” He attempted to keep his tone calm and collected, yet he suspected some weariness pierced his words, he hoped that would be mistaken by the others in the house as stress over the past two weeks, however his words were clear to the duo. Normality was the order of the day. Despite how what they had just witnessed was all levels of un-natural.
Last edited by Zuan on Thu May 21, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.