The Faith-Order of Zulakc

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
pygmental

The Faith-Order of Zulakc

Post by pygmental »

Here is a bit I have quoted direct from the mages:
Basic Principles The Faith teaches that life is about choices and the consequences. You are not punished for ignorance, but rather for willing disobedience. It is essential that one tries to learn, but there will be times when one slips. It is not the slips that define us, but rather our choices and what we do about it.

In the mythos, there is evil and there is also Fallen Mages
I have noticed there is really a large lack of information about The Faith out here for everyone. Please ask questions and I will tell you waht I can.
Ilysira

Re: The Faith-Order of Zulakc

Post by Ilysira »

The sound of a familiar man's voice catches Ilysira's attention as she makes her way back towards her room at the Bravia Inn. She raises her downcast gaze and quickens her measured pace in order to close the distance between herself and the man she'd spent time in the company of over the last few days, "Greetings, Brother."

Her head inclines in the habitual manner as she offers him a smile, "I know you have shared some information of The Faith with me already, but would you mind explaining something more? I wish to know if those of The Faith worship any Divinity."
balerion

Post by balerion »

And of the UNfaith?
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
pygmental

Post by pygmental »

looks up at the woman and recognized her form the tavern. With a nod:Well there are some followers of the faith that claim there is a god or gods, and some who worship the Mages as gods, but all acknowledge the power and wisdom of the Mages. For most followers of the faith the Mages are acknowledged to have godlike power compared to normal people, but the Mages have not claimed divinity or asked for worship(that we know of). the Mages do unquestionably posess some level of divine power.

As to your question sir, I know of no UnFaith. There are some followers of the faith who take a more sinister path than others if that is what you mean. Allow me to Quote something from the mages for each of you.

There is evil and there is also Fallen Mages
The purpose of the faith is simple. To learn, to improve, and to guide. Through these, the converts can fulfill their calling.
As far as the question of the higher power there is some disagreement. The Faith acknowledges the differences in opinion without bias against them. A core teaching is that we all started the same. Another is that it's our choices and how we deal with it is what matters. You aren't held accountable for ignorance. Some argue that the Mages are the highest power. Some argue that there is a god. Some argues gods. No matter which sect of the Faith one is in the Mages are agreed upon to at least have some level of divine power.
Ilysira

Post by Ilysira »

"Thank you, Brother," the shrouded missionary inclines her head in a gesture of thanks, "If I understand, The Faith does not have an official stance regarding the existence of Gods or Goddesses, but it does make it clear that the Mages possess great power. In my lands we also have persons of great arcane prowess, but we attribute those powers to the blessings of the 20 Divines, who in turn draw their energy from the source of all energy in the cosmos; the Void."

"From what I hear of The Faith, Brother, I sense little that could conflict with the beliefs of my Kingdom," she continues in her soft voice, "Would it not be possible to promote the values of The Faith while also paying homage to the Divinities of my land?"

A breeze blows directly towards Ilysira and causes the long ribbons of black cloth at her shoulders, arms and waist to flutter behind her, "I have come to the lands of Bravia and Fenia in order to share my Kingdom's advanced knowledge of the Divinities and to add to the religious zeal of these lands. Might we not join as allies in this and bring the two faiths together into something which is more concrete and suited to these lands and their people?"
Ermalyse

Post by Ermalyse »

Ermalyse was on her way to visit her brother when a conversation took her attention, she heard Pyme discussing with a Women about the faith, She listened from little further and smiled, Pyme was making a nice job spreading the faith in his own little way, She stayed there enjoying this work and debate when she heard a question that caught her attention a little more then the rest. She advence closer to the two and smiled sweetly to pyme and the women, she bowed Gracefully and adressed the women with her usual soft spoken voice.

Greetings Demoiselle I am Ermalyse De La Croix Priestess and Mentor of Widu. I was passing by and your discussion about the Faith has cought my attention. But this proposition you have offered intregue me the most. Maybe if you wish I can bring it before the Great Mage him self, He is the only one that can Take such a Great decision.. Or * She offered her a hand in friendship* Maybe you can join me and bring this proposition to the Temple your self? Maybe take this chance to talk to the Great Mage of your thoughts and Beliefs?

She looked at the women her hand still open in friendship smiling to her sweetly
Ilysira

Post by Ilysira »

Ilysira inclines her head deeply and bends slighly forward in response to the Priestess' bow, "Greetings, Sister, I am called Ilysira," she responds immediately and then listens to the rest of the other woman's words.

"Thank you for your gracious offer, Sister." her young face, which is completely framed by her dreary garb, suddenly seems radiant as she smiles, "I have only met the Great Mage Zachrin once on the eve of last day and we did not converse for long. If you should be able to arrange an audience for we three to speak on the subject, I would be most appreciative."

Not really sure what the other woman means by her offered hand, the missionary hesitantly places her into her outstretched palm.
Last edited by Ilysira on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pygmental

Post by pygmental »

Well to put it more clearly perhaps would be to say that there is a group of the faith that believe the mages are divine as well as a group who believes there are divine being/s greater in power than the Mages even more than the Mages have greater power than normal magical practicioners. Some parts would seem agreeable, and others such as you knowing 20 divines and we knowing 7 Mages and 7 Fallen Mages different. I do not know of the Mages ever having claimed to be divine but must admit they have godlike power.

I should mention 2 things right now though. I have not read all of your book, Also, I am not a priest, and to be honest, I doubt I will be getting promoted to priesthood by the Order of Mucaz by arguing with the heads of it. You can ask however for entrance to the Order of Mucaz and they cannot deny it to you as far as I know.
Last edited by pygmental on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilysira

Post by Ilysira »

"Thank you, Brother," the foreign missionary responds with a polite nod of her head, "I shall go speak to the Great Mages with the Priestess, but when I return perhaps you and I can discuss which form of divinity you believe in; solely the Mages or greater powers beyond."

Her attention returns to the Priestess, "Would you be able to set up a meeting immediately or should I meet you again at a later time, Sister?"
Ermalyse

Post by Ermalyse »

Ermalyse smiles sweetly to the women and to pymegental

We can go in the temple of Muscaz i am shure he will talk to you there my Sister.

She leads the women to the temple to go see the Great Mage..