[ORP] Bravian Jail

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Karael

[ORP] Bravian Jail

Post by Karael »

In the dead of the night, guardsmen pounds his door open. Karael was having a nice supper of herbal tea and vegetable pie. Shocked by the intruders, Karael looks blankly at them, still munching his piece of vegetable pie. They rush towards him. Karael reaches for his butter knife to defend himself. A crash as the cup of herbal tea shatters on the floor. The guardsmen manhandles him, tying him up and blindfolding him. Karael is pushed onto the waiting cart outside and brought to lands unknown. His cries of help brought no sympathy, irritated the guardsmen so much that a thump and Karael falls into unconsciousness.

Groggily, Karael wakes up . The first thing he sees are iron bars. A cage? Where am I? As his wits slowly return, Karael realizes he is in jail! Jail! What wrong has he done? It has to be some mistake, his first thoughts were to find the authorities. Screaming at the top of his voice, Karael tries to seek help. "I'm innocent! Set me free! Let me out!" His words went, like all claims of innocence by convicted criminals, unheeded.

After screaming himself hoarse, Karael sits in a corner, not believing he is in jail. He looks around, trying to see if there were anything to pass the time. He looks at the floor, amazingly clean with no trace of dried blood nor vomit. The walls were free of any markings too and cobwebs were nowhere to be found. As he examines the iron bars, no rust. They were new too, as were his bedding. What a weird prison this is, as if he is the first person there.
Dwayberry

Re: [ORP] Bravian Jail

Post by Dwayberry »

Under different circumstances, Dwayberry would have ignored screaming as long as she had nothing to do with it. Or at least, she wouldn't have walked directly to the source of the screaming. But a tiny bit too much to drink, and her curiosity wins it from her common sense. She never heard sounds coming from the prison before. I'm innocent, I'm innocent!, he screams. Did they finally catch Xavier? Wow! She hadn't expected that to happen any time soon, Thought he would be too damned smart to come back here, let alone getting himself caught.
She walks over to the prison building, then bends down to grab a hand-full of mud. It could only make him smell better, hahah! She grins like a mad woman and sits down near the wall, so she can see through the tiny window with iron bars. He stopped yelling now. Maybe he fell asleep? Well a good hand full of mud in his face would wake him up!
She looks through the window, then drops the mud. This is not Xavier. In fact, she has never seen this guy before.

"Who the hell are you?", she asks, surprised.
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
Karael

Post by Karael »

"Who the hell are you?" The sound of another human being shocks Karael out of his despair. He looks up and sees a lady standing on the other side of the iron bars. Rushing over, he tries to ask for her help before noticing she has mud in her hands. He keeps silent. Has she come to gloat? Or could it be.....A gravedigger? They mean to murder and bury him! Karael shys away from her, trying to hide his face. "My name...it doesn't matter, I have been kidnapped and imprisoned! What crime did I do? I just want to go home." A cry of despair escapes his voice as he remembers how far away from home he is.

Dwayberry drops the mud in her hands. Karael's eyes follow it as it splatters on the floor. The sparking clean floor. It looks so much dirtier than before, a spot of brown that mars the unsoiled floor. He tries to avoid looking at it, but the brownness draws his attention. Finally he could not help but points to the mud and tells the lady. "You have to clean that up."
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Dwayberry listens to the man's vague and desperate explanation. Kidnap and imprison a foreigner. Why would the town guards do such thing? Maybe they hope to trade him for Xavier?
She shakes her head, trying to make the light feeling in her head go away. Why is this man even asking her what crime he did? Does he maybe think she is the one that put him here?

Just as she opens her mouth to speak to him, she notices some of the dropped mud finds its way to prison floor.
You have to clean that up., the prisoner says.

Dwayberry bursts out laughing at the strange request and wipes the tears from her eyes.

"And exactly how would you suggest I do that, good sir?"
Karael

Post by Karael »

What a weird lady this is. Laughing when she is clearly in the wrong. Karael stands there, trying to see the face of the person who dirtied his floor. The sunlight streaming in obscures her, and all he could see was a silhouette. All the while, Karael mutters about crazy bravian people who kidnaps innocents in the middle of the night and disregards hygiene and cleanliness. The brown stain on the floor irks him, taunting him for he has no way to remove it. Turning to the window, he glares at the lady. "Well, lady. You made the mess, it falls on you to clean it up. How would you do it? I guess with a mop, water and lots of strength. "
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Dwayberry is slightly taken back when the prisoner calls her a lady. Not many people have called her by that title, actually at the moment she can't recall such an event at all.
He calls her a lady, yet he orders her around like a servant.
She raises an eyebrow. Is it the alcohol affecting her head, or is this situation really too strange to understand?

"Lots of strength eh? Yes I should train some more again."

Why did she tell him that?

"So...", she then says with a more cheerful voice, trying to change the subject. "Where are you from?"
Karael

Post by Karael »

Karael sits on his bed, occasionally glancing at the pile of mud on his prison floor. The guardsmen will surely make him clean that up maybe beat him up a little. It was not him who did it..such injustice... Karael sighs. He listens to the lady speak about training and answers her in a resigned voice. "Lady, if you would just clean the mess you made and maybe wipe the iron bars and wash the walls. I'm sure you'll have lots of strength by the time you're done." He speaks but does not expect her to do so. Bravia... he mutters under his breath, what a weird place...

"So...where are you from?" The lady asks cheerfully through the iron bars. Karael gazes up at the window, as though willing her to go away and leave him in peace. First she comes and drops mud on his floor, dirtying it, now she tries to make small talk...Next, she would be inviting him to have a meal with her... The world is turning crazy. Karael resigns himself to the intrusion and gives a sad smile. "I'm from Widu, Fenia. Lady. Am I correct to assume I'm in Bravia?"
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

"Indeed you are sir.", Dwayberry answers, enjoying the pointless politeness.
"Am I correct to assume you are some kind of noble figure? You seem quite used to ordering others around, are you not sir?"

She wonders if he annoyed one of the town guards by trying to order them around. Although she isn't quite sure if that would justify a night in jail.
On the other hand he doesn't even seem too sure about where he is. Could he be drunk?

"Say, if you weren't sure this is Bravia, how can you be so sure this is a prison?"
She grins, knowing the answer.
"It's a damned clean prison anyway, wouldn't you say so? No rats, no fellow prisoners. No-one using your favourite corner as a toilet.", she hiccoughs a few times.
"I'd say you are a lord, sir, and they gave you the VIP room!"

edited by Paradox
Last edited by Dwayberry on Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karael

Post by Karael »

The woman's words amuse him, a noble figure indeed. So noble as to land up incarcerated in a foreign land. The irony..the humiliation. "Your deduction I'm afraid, lacks supporting evidence. Lady, I do not order people around, only to tell them what has to be done. Which I might add, madam, you still have not done. However, perhaps through sheer luck, you have come close to the truth. My family is an old family, noble is certain ages, a rogue in others."

Karael sighs, glancing at the brown stain. "My eyes sees iron bars trapping me in here. If this is not a prison then pray tell, what might it be dear lady? Could it be that Bravia is planning to hold a feast in my honor and keeps me here in fear that I'll run?" A bitter laugh escapes his lips. "Aye, the only good memory I shall have of Bravia will be its clean prisons."
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

"Rogue huh? Well, that might explain why you are in jail."

She chuckles. The poor man still seems very upset with that mud stain on the floor. Interesting how his way of speaking sounds so intelligent, yet he does not understand those same iron bars that prevented him from going out, preventer her from going in.

"So, does that mean that, even if I would be drunk enough to help you escape, you would not stay around to visit some of Bravia's finest sights?"

(OOC: Dear Paradox I'm sorry for my naughty words, but may I please change "going" into "using as a bathroom"? "Going" doesn't quite say what I wanted to say.)