[ORP] Bravian Jail

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Karael

Re: [ORP] Bravian Jail

Post by Karael »

The lady is giving a promise of freedom. Is it a trap of should he grab the chance. He looks around the jail cell, which though clean, is still a cell. Karael has nothing to lose and only freedom to gain.

"Well lady..... If you free me, then I would be in your debt. A trip around Bravia to see her attractions is an interesting way to pay back what I owe."
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Dwayberry laughs.

"we would talk more than just a sightseeing tour, dear man. And besides, I didn't grow up here. I wouldn't be the type of guide."

She sighs, wondering what she got herself and her foggy head into. She hasn't tested her skills for months, hasn't prepared anything.
Seems like improvisation was going to be the only way, then.

"How much would freedom be worth to you?"
"It's alright, you wouldn't be the same if you were nice."
Karael

Post by Karael »

Karael grins, finally the important question. His mind thinks long and hard, freedom is at stake. Finally, with his best smile, he replies.

"Dear lady, freedom is valueless but worth so so much. Would helping me out of this place be reward enough? Think of the joy and happiness you'll feel. You've done a good deed in aiding others. If you believe in karma, then in freeing me, your karma bank account will increase in wealth. But sadly...." Karael looks at the lady with the glitter of gold in her eyes. "...sadly, the best I can offer you is a portion of the .... 'profits' of my trade. How does that sound?"
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

This is quite the sweet-talking kind., she thinks. Probably good at his "trade". Though a portion could just as well mean one freznic.

She knows the best change to keep an as-innocent-as-possible life style in this town would be to ignore this guy and go home. But to test her skills again, actually, this very conversation, brings back old feelings of thrill she missed more than she realised.

"If I would believe in karma, good sir, I would be as rotten and doomed as you can possibly imagine.", she smiles. "And if you believe in karma it could be dangerous for you to let me help. But it would be an even worse idea to accept my help and not reward me to my satisfaction."

She takes out her butcher knife, barely used and still as sharp and shiny as on the day she bought it, and stares at her own reflection in the blade. Her face was not as skinny anymore as when she just arrived in Bravia. In fact, it was becoming a bit chubby.

"Depending on what that portion of yours is, I could accept. Or let you stay around until that portion is sufficient. So please explain, is it sadly for you or sadly for me to offer that portion?"
Karael

Post by Karael »

What an interesting lady, Karael thinks. Karma, no karma? If only she could just help him out of the jail. Then it would truly be an interesting conversation. For now as he stands there haggling with the lady, the iron bars remind him he is still in a jail, not at the market. Well... since the prospect of freedom seems close at hand, Karael tries out more tricks.

"Dear lady, If Karma exists, by helping me, you'll be rewarded greatly in the future or future life. Anyway, you'll be rewarded by ways unknown." Karael grins. "Sadly, I too do not believe in Karma, nor of the gods nor mages either. The appropriate term for a person such as I would be....an unbeliever. No belief in the supernatural nor things I cannot see. However, I do believe in helping others. Let's say you helping me out and I'll help you make your purse a little heavier?"

Karael tries to smile his winning smile but fails. The lady has a butcher knife and is staring into it. A silent warning from his rational side. She's crazy, my boy! Which lady would talk to prisoners and stare into butcher knives? Moreover, why does she have a butcher knife with her anyway? But freedom, the hope of freedom shuts him up. Looking at her again, he smiles the charming smile.

"Oh do not worry about that part, my lady. Once you see the portion, sad won't be word on your mind. More likely, it'll be disbelief." Karael laughs, hoping to make everything seem happy. "Sad for you or sad for me? No no, I'm so happy with the income in my line of work is that I'll be glad to share it with you. The only thing preventing that from happening is the unfortunate iron bars blocking me. Do not worry, yes dear lady, do not worry indeed. What goes around, comes around as they say yeah?"
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

"You do not believe in karma, gods nor mages, yet you speak of rewards and future life as if you were a priest.", Dwayberry says, more to give herself time to think of an escape plan than to keep an interesting conversation going.

The man seems intelligent. The kind of person capable of quick thinking. Judge a person's character, making up stories, the kind of stuff needed to deceive people. A typical person in whom's vocabulary words such as "share" do not exist.
Well, she'll figure out what to do about that if this escape operation works out successfully.

While talking, she gathers some grass, branches and other plant material in a heap near the small prison window. She cuts up the branches with the butcher knife and starts a fire with two flints from her bag. Then, she poors some water on the fire, creating smoke. She starts to push the smoking heap through the window.
Quite a poor plan and leaving way too much factors to chance, but she was very poorly prepared after all.

"Now, you yell "fire!" as loud as you can, yes? Try to make it sound convincing."
Karael

Post by Karael »

Fire?! Karael is suspicious of her plan. Would he be burnt to death or suffocate first? He probability could be quite high, especially with a lady like her. No telling what might happen."Hey, wait.. are you sure....?" Before he could complete his question, smoke begins drifting in to the cell. Karael has nothing else to do but shout at the top of his voice. "Fire! Fire! Ow ow! Hot! It is buuurning! Fireeee!"
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Dwayberry stands to think for a while. Unbelievable how easy it is to make mistakes in a plan when you don't have to make plans in quite a while. Sure the man yelling fire would attract a guard or two, but he might not run fast enough to escape with just a bit of smoke as distraction.
She searches her bag, trying to find something that could be of any use.

"I suppose this might do...", she says, taking out a small vial filled with dungwort extract and passing it through the iron bars
"Throw some of this in the guard's face when he arrives. And make sure to not touch the content yourself."
Karael

Post by Karael »

ooc: Sorry Dway, won't be rping anymore.
Dwayberry

Post by Dwayberry »

Oki. Admins please close/archive.