Kingdom VS Viceroyalty

This is where the Kingdom of Fenia's main Inn is.

Moderator: Community Team

Fenia is a ___ ?

Kingdom
82%
Viceroyalty
18%

Total votes: 22

balerion

Kingdom VS Viceroyalty

Post by balerion »

A Viceroyalty is a land ruled by a Viceroy or Vicereine in the name of the king. However we HAVE a king. I understand there is much tradition behind the usage of VR and as thus wanted to see what others though.
Shaker of Castles
Order of the Pillow | Sunspear
Melusine

Re: Kingdom VS Viceroyalty

Post by Melusine »

Voted for Kingdom :)
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

All Hail King LVI! :D Kingdom all the way!
pygmental

Post by pygmental »

Would you call it a Queendom if a woman inherits the Crown? Government type= Absolute Monarchy. Why would substituting Kingdom for Nation or ViceRoyalty be better? Maybe worried people will think the King indulges in too many vices? ;)
Jason

Post by Jason »

Well I think originally every nation was suppose to be a Viceroyalty but instead of having a Viceroy it had a Crown ruling. Not quite sure if Zach was all about the descriptions of the words :D
balerion

Post by balerion »

If you don't know what a Viceroyalty even is its pointless to post about it. A Nation is sovereign and a Viceroyalty is not. The only way everything is a Viceroyalty is if we all follow King Zachrin. Only way possible. That would make the "Monarch" a Viceroy or a Vicerine and not the absolute ruler of Fenia. Indeed Fenia and Bravia would be 2 different lands of the same Kingdom.

And by saying the word Queendom... seriously. Said word would only be used in a strictly matriarchal society which we obviously are not. Also if you had a Queendom you would also have HERstory.
Shaker of Castles
pygmental

Post by pygmental »

Sorry balerion I wrote the first dictionary of Secfenia and you are wrong. Also this is no patriarchial society so too bad for your argument we can't call it a queendom. ViceRoyalty of Fenia and ViceRoyalty of Bravia are nice places to live. As will soon be ViceRoyalty of Wahallia.
Jason

Post by Jason »

It is NOT Wahallia, it is Wahalla. And they speak Wahallian. Also, if you wrote the first dictionary of Secfenia does that make it right ? Has Zachrin approved of it ?
Aengus

Post by Aengus »

Kingdom!
balerion

Post by balerion »

pygmental wrote:Sorry balerion I wrote the first dictionary of Secfenia and you are wrong. Also this is no patriarchial society so too bad for your argument we can't call it a queendom. ViceRoyalty of Fenia and ViceRoyalty of Bravia are nice places to live. As will soon be ViceRoyalty of Wahallia.
Are a linguist, where is your degree?
Have you a mastery?
Where is said dictionary?

If you are what you say,
There should be no delay,
Tell us now today.

A Queendom I hear cannot be,
Paired with Patriarchy.
If that is wrong there is more,
While writing do you snore?
This I fear I shall abhor.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
But even so, I would like to know,
How you like the idea of smelling feet?

How can you have Viceroys that are Kings?
Do you also have a monkey who sings?
Please tell us more,
What is in store?
Again I say I shall abhor.

I think I have reach the end,
To say more is useless friend.
Yet in the last
Words are vast.

(For those of you who loathe poetry: A matriarchal society would have a queen as I previously stated and ours is in theory a society in which all sexes are treated the same.)
Shaker of Castles