animal prices

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
thistletumbler

animal prices

Post by thistletumbler »

as some of you may noticed, animal prices have all gone up by 5F, is anyone against this? for this? dont care?

tell me your veiws and opinions on it.
Datron

Re: animal prices

Post by Datron »

I am Against this the last animals I bought were at 83% health so why would I want to pay more for animals that are lower in health then any I have ever bought before? And the fenians are paying 45 for animals so why should we pay 55?
arthur_loxley

Post by arthur_loxley »

Animal health at 83% is good, though not great. As Internal Affairs Minister, it is my job to make sure they are fed and happy. If you have bought animals since I have been in office, you will note that the with the exception of the first few days, all animals are at 100% (or slightly lower). The health depends on feeding and purchase time after feeding. I try to feed them late in the day to allow ranchers to purchase high-health animals.

I'm not sure what the Fenians pay, nor do I care. When I assumed office, animals were at 50, and sheep were at 55. There is no logical reason why there would be a different price for different animals; as a result, chicken and cow purchase price was raised to compete with sheep. There is now no preference in prices and animals are maintained as healthy as possible. The price increase does not hurt your pocket, nor mine. It is a difference of five pounds, not fifty.
Datron

Post by Datron »

Well it will effect your pocket when I and others change our fields away from animals and there is no meat on markets for people to buy to level. I am so glad this was well thought out. So instead of lowering the price of sheep it was a much better idea to raise the price of the other animals, BRAVO !!
Adonair

Post by Adonair »

Datron wrote:Well it will effect your pocket when I and others change our fields away from animals and there is no meat on markets for people to buy to level. I am so glad this was well thought out. So instead of lowering the price of sheep it was a much better idea to raise the price of the other animals, BRAVO !!
Hearing this exchange, Adonair is outraged. He steps forward and begins shouting,

"What's this?? We shall have no meat? The Fenians will bludgeon us if we are weak! This cannot be allowed! Loxley, are you responsible? I'll turn you into a NEWT!"

He points his finger menacingly when his assistant tells him that animal fields have not yet been changed and that meat remains on the market for the moment.

"Ah... well... it seems we have a little time to fix this before it turns into a catastrophe or rather a meat-astrophe. I suppose cats aren't really involved, as far as I know anyway." he looks to his assistant who shakes his head 'no' to indicate that cats are not involved. "Right... well, if i turn loxley into a newt he won't be able to fix this, unless it was a rather big newt with thumbs or something, but then what would be the point in that." His assistant is making sawing motions across his throat to indicate that Adonair should shut up. Adonair lifts his finger for one last point but then can't think of anything so he stomps off in a huff.
arthur_loxley

Post by arthur_loxley »

Datron wrote:Well it will effect your pocket when I and others change our fields away from animals and there is no meat on markets for people to buy to level. I am so glad this was well thought out. So instead of lowering the price of sheep it was a much better idea to raise the price of the other animals, BRAVO !!
Please do not threaten to switch your fields. I'm sure that having a ranch is very profitable for you and all other ranchers. If it wasn't, then no one would have a ranch. In my own town, there is a lack of butchers but there is meat on our market, reasonably priced as well. There only seems to be one supplier though and he must be doing well as a rancher and butcher both (he sells eggs and meat). If there is no meat on the markets, people would recognize the lack of these goods and alternate their behavior accordingly.

I am a corn and wheat field owner and only sell my wheat. It is profitable for me to continue my wheat field; if there was too much wheat on the market in my town, I would switch to another field to make a profit. This isn't rocket science. It's supply and demand.

By the way, one of your arguments for not wanting a price increase was that animals were in poor health (or lower health). This is not the case. You could say that maintenance of high health animals (90-100%) costs you only 5 freznics, while it costs us about 150 pounds a day to keep them fed. (Corn @ 3, Wheat @ 10.50). To break-even, we need to sell 3 animals a day, regardless of the type. Luckily, there are more being purchased a day as can be seen in my daily report. Sheep are not heavily purchased while cows and chickens are. Why would we have a less-demanded animal at a higher price, when our expense is mainly on high-demanded animals of chickens and cows? That logically makes no sense.
Datron

Post by Datron »

Cost me only 5 frezz ? Did you take into consideration that I have to also feed those animals? If they come to me at lower health I lose milk production until they are brought back up to the correct health. So add your 5 frezz increase to two days of food and lost milk to your figures. Then my cost has risen 50 frezz at least.
arthur_loxley

Post by arthur_loxley »

Datron wrote:Cost me only 5 frezz ? Did you take into consideration that I have to also feed those animals? If they come to me at lower health I lose milk production until they are brought back up to the correct health. So add your 5 frezz increase to two days of food and lost milk to your figures. Then my cost has risen 50 frezz at least.
The least amount of health the animals we have sold for is 94%. The 83% animals were from last term because they were not fed. Please read and review the daily reports I produce. You will see animal health is at 100%, with the exception of sheep. Sheep health is being suggested to be tracked as well in the Suggestions sub-forum. 5 Frez increase for 100% animals costs you nothing, but does gain you profit since they are already at max health. You also don't lose milk production with max health animals..
Datron

Post by Datron »

Datron Cow 50 83% Mar 04, 2010 6:13 am

Mar 4th thats on your term thanks for playing try again.

Also I am from Paz and sell the lowest price cow carcasses to the butcher so I guess you say that wheat is profitable for you. Maybe I will change to wheat field then and drive your profit margin down as you wish to mine.
arthur_loxley

Post by arthur_loxley »

Datron wrote:Datron Cow 50 83% Mar 04, 2010 6:13 am

Mar 4th thats on your term thanks for playing try again.

Also I am from Paz and sell the lowest price cow carcasses to the butcher so I guess you say that wheat is profitable for you. Maybe I will change to wheat field then and drive your profit margin down as you wish to mine.
I think you missed my previous comment...
If you have bought animals since I have been in office, you will note that the with the exception of the first few days, all animals are at 100% (or slightly lower). The health depends on feeding and purchase time after feeding. I try to feed them late in the day to allow ranchers to purchase high-health animals.
That was the first few days of my term, aka the leftovers of the previous administration. In case you would like to read my office, which it is clear you do not, you will see there is no IAM report from February 5 until my first report March 3. You should also see clearly the health of animals has improved since I took office.
Chicken - 68% Health - Full (Fed completely) - 6 corn to feed
Cows - 64% Health - Full (Fed completely) - 9 wheat to feed
Sheep - not fed, no health.
Viceregal Ranch:
Chickens (50 f each): 23 (Health: 79 %) [ Feed ] [ Breed ] [ Change Price ]
Cows (50 f each): 13 (Health: 83 %) [ Feed ] [ Breed ] [ Change Price ]
Sheep (55 f each): 20 [ Breed ] [ Change Price ]
Viceregal Ranch:
Chickens (50 f each): 19 (Health: 94 %) [ Feed ] [ Breed ] [ Change Price ]
Cows (50 f each): 8 (Health: 100 %) [ Feed ] [ Breed ] [ Change Price ]
Sheep (55 f each): 18 [ Breed ] [ Change Price ]
As you have stated, it takes a few days to increase the health of animals, both for you and for us. All animals are currently at 100% health.

As you say:
thanks for playing try again.