animal prices

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Xenil

Re: animal prices

Post by Xenil »

I guess it was edited out though but I did see the classic "If we dont the Fenians will attack" excuse/thing that I have not seen from a council member in so long, and even then I remember it being something about clubs.. they "figured out" the use for iron a long time before we did, :P and to my knowledge the King doesnt want any sort of war but I do hear certain individuals in the past have drawn people to attack their hometown and selves so.. just.. yeah :| ... and to be a little on topic, I am also curious if the math done to come to this conclusion of + 5 frz to cost of animals etc. etc.. I used to own sheep, so would be good to see if I should go back to them or animals one day
pygmental

Post by pygmental »

I'm serious, my chickens were 46%. I thought the most recent one I got was better, thought it was great until I saw what these guys are getting. Mostly around 50% a few above or below. Not sure if you mean chcikens should never be fed or what though. Wit everyone buying new cghickens though i have seen the market empty out of eggs where i thought we were getting a surplus.
Rowena

Post by Rowena »

I'm a little curious: the new Viceroy asked for questions and comments on this issue and I see several very valid questions from the populace that have yet to be addressed.

For better of or worse the elected Council can change pricing strategies across the Viceroyalty with or without notifying their people. Personally I thought this was a very nice gesture, asking for opinions after a surprise hike in animal prices. I'm completely open to supporting any rational, well-thought out change the Council initiates... but to get there, answers would be helpful. ;) Is the Council still formulating a response?
thistletumbler

Post by thistletumbler »

to be honest, there isnt much more to say, loxley has already made all his points.
arthur_loxley

Post by arthur_loxley »

I will continue analysis of animals for the next week then determine if there will be a price reduction. For those interested, there is a discussion in my office in council stating all the figures used. If we had more accurate guides into the lifecycle of cows/chickens/sheep, it would help the analysis greatly. For those who keep track of their animals religiously, please post here your results from your cycles.
Aengus

Post by Aengus »

The life-cycles keep being changed.

This is what I got trying stuff out: (below is all with hiring, and I stopped with animals the moment death was implemented)

Cows:
You can either go for milk, or for the carcasses. If you go for the milk, you need to feed every day. Then hire to milk them also every day, and you will get between 7 and 12 bottles of milk, completely random. And since death is implemented obviously slaughter them in time.
If you go for carcasses as fast as possible, you don't feed them, but instead you hire to milk the first day, then check the second day if they are still all above 50%, if so you hire to milk again, if not you slaughter them. Slaughtering gives 1 carcass and 3 hides per cow, if you hire.
Since death is implemented and they seem to die early, the second option is most profitable, but produces more meat than one butcher can handle.

Chickens:
Well, all I can say here is that they give 24 carcasses if slaughtered at 100% health. I used to keep them only for the eggs since carcasses are better to cut up (more profitable).
arthur_loxley

Post by arthur_loxley »

Apologies to the citizens. I was unaware that the council discussion chambers were private. For anyone seeking statistics, and/or my daily reports, please visit the public lobby. I will be updating the office daily and you can check animal health there as well (for sheep!).