[ORP] Nettlebane Tower

Moderator: Community Team

Sendile

Re: [ORP] Nettlebane Tower

Post by Sendile »

As the young man took a seat and nodded to her offer, the weight of anxiety and shame fell off her heart. It was impossible to look in her study from the position where Jarlyn was sitting, so the danger of being considered messy seemed to be over for a while. However, it was essential to keep his attention constantly, preventing him from standing up and walking around in the room - which would have given him more insight of the areas she was not that keen to show.

"Well, let's see what we have..." she started to speak partly to Jarlyn, partly to herself, heading to the kitchen (and sliding the dagger in a drawer very quickly, as soon as she had been there) "...Smoked fish... and more smoked fish.... and yet more... ummm... But perhaps you need something more substantial before the hard physical work, don't you? How would you feel about some fine steak?" she asked him finally, bending out of the kitchen to look at him with her most convincing smile, waiting for his answer.
Priestess * Lady of Nettlebane Tower * Baroness of Linbridge
Jarlyn

Post by Jarlyn »

Jarlyn sat and was mostly admiring the stonework... there was just something both strong and beautiful about it. As his host left the room he started to look around but his attention was drawn back to his hostess as she suggested what was on offer to eat, presumably as she looked through the contents of her kitchen. He was looking in the direction of her voice and she appeared in the doorway and asked about steak.

"I wouldn't like to be a bother, but steak sounds very good indeed. Although Lady Priestess, you are already paying me a fair days wages for my work. I feel I should be doing more in return... perhaps I can help you around the tower."
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

"Suuuure..." she answered drawing out the first vowel thoroughly to hide her surprise. The offer was very generous, it was impossible to reject, mainly because she did enjoy the young man's company. Only that damned study... only those messy piles of paper in there... only those bothered her. Her mind was looking for a solution feverishly - so much, that she almost burnt the steak on the hot stone spot above the fire. She snatched off the steaming slice of meat quickly from the fireplace and put it on a plate, then she started to prepare the promised mint tea. By the time the food and drink had been ready to serve, her thoughts were composed too. She swayed out of the kitchen with the plate in one, and with a sizable jar of mint tea in her other hand and put them down on the small table.

"I can always use a pair of helping hands around the house, and actually I already have a task in mind for you. But first you have to eat. The meat gives you energy for the work, and the mint tea.... well, it keeps you healthy." she finished the sentence smiling.

"Bon appetite" She added finally, gesturing towards the mouthwatering steak.
Jarlyn

Post by Jarlyn »

Jarlyn looked at the plate and the jar of mint tea. The steak smelt perfect and his mouth watered as the scent hit his nose. As she put the food down in front of him, the mint tea aroma subtly complemented the steak. He looked back up at his host.
"Are you not joining me?"
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

"Oh... actually...why not" she flashed a kind smile at Jarlyn "Just a moment, I am bringing my own food" she added, then rushed back to the kitchen. Only a few minutes passed, when she returned with another plate. The food lying on her platter stared at the world with glassy eyes. She put it down on the table, then sat down next to the young man.

"Smoked fish. We caught them yesterday, Belly and I. Belly is my retriever, you know. Ummm.... " she gestured towards the glassy looking fish ".. they might not seem too inspiring, but they are definitely tasty and they are said to do good to the thinking abilities."

She took a piece of fish and started to munch on it, somehow feeling the gaze of the young man on her. She got slightly embarrassed. Her food couldn't have looked that frightening. She flashed a bright smile at him.

"Would you like to taste it?" she asked lightly.
Jarlyn

Post by Jarlyn »

Jarlyn smiles as she decides to join him. He felt rude, coming here to work and to be paid, then being also fed... and his host not joining him. He watched as she rushed back to get her own food. He looked down at his plate, the aroma making him hungry. He sat back a little and waited for his host to reappear. He took a sip of the mint tea, hot and refreshing, he inhaled the steam coming from the mug.

Before long the Priestess appeared with her meal, a tasty looking fish, he could smell was smoked. She sat next to him, he waited until she had begun her meal before he started to cut into his steak. He watched as she took her first bite and was about to start on his when she asked if he would like a taste of the fish. The fish looked tasty, even if it did have the ability to look back… It smelled like it had been well smoked.
“Yes please” He answered and pushed his plate towards her. “It smells very tasty.”
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

"Mhmm, and not only the smell, but also the taste is pretty good" she nodded with a slight smile on her face. She was happy that the young man didn't deel discouraged by the slighly peculiar outook of her food. She cut a piece of fish into half, then she slid her plate slightly closer to his, in order to be able to move the fish smoothly there.

"Here you are" she told him kindly as soon as the piece of food had reached its destination. "And I have yet more there in the kitchen, if you'd feel like having some more. Belly and I go fishing regularly these days. It's a rather pleasant activity and we can even save some food for winter. You know, now it's sunny and warm, but when winter arrives, the lake freezes over, and then it's much more difficult to catch fish." she explained.

She took the jar now, poured some more mint tea for both of them, then sipped a bit of the warm, aromatic drink. Then she turned back to him again.

"I don't know what you think of the idea, but if you are interested in fishing, you could join Belly and me once we go out. I even have a small boat, so you could see the Fenian Lake from a rather unique perspective. What do you think?" she asked, hoping the young man accepts her invitation. After all, a pair of helping hands comes in handy anytime by the oars.
Jarlyn

Post by Jarlyn »

Jarlyn watched as she slid some of her fish to his plate. The well smoked meat fell apart almost before the knife touched it. He pulled his plate across the table to its place in front of him. He looked up as she talked of fishing with her dog.
"It sounds like a very relaxing way to get your food. I can imagine getting to the fish in the water might be difficult in winter when there is a hard top stopping you from even getting to the water."

He takes a bite from the fish as his host begins talking anew. Tender and smokey, it almost falls from his fork. He looks at his host, surprised by the invitation.
"A day on the lake will be a welcome change from working on the fields. I would like that."
Sendile

Post by Sendile »

"I'm glad to hear." she smiled at the young man. "I think you'll find it rather enjoyable. Belly can help us quite much in the work-part, so we can indeed just relax and enjoy the sight holding our fishing rods. Hm... we can even do it tomorrow, if you like, provided that the Mages bless us with good weather. But as for today, first I introduce you to Alister, my plow hourse. He is an old fellow, but I am sure you'll get on well with him. Just don't stand right behind him, while working, he doesn't like it." she added chuckling.

The food was tasty and it seemed Jarlyn did enjoy the fish, which made the priestess smiling. She grabbed her mug and raised it. The fragrant, hot drink still filled the air with the pleasant scent of mint. It might have been a bit of an unusual kind of beverage to raise a toast with, but at the moment she didn't have anything more potent. So without giving the matter too much further consideration she simply raised her mug for a toast.

"Cheers to our cooperation!"
Jarlyn

Post by Jarlyn »

Jarlyn enjoyed his smoked fish and started on his steak. He took a sip of his tea to wash down his food.
"Tomorrow sounds good, I only have work here planned, from there on is influenced by the whim of the gods."
He raised his mug of tea.
"To a sky empty of clouds and a boat full of fish"

He devoured the rest of his steak and washed it down with the mint tea. He waited for his host to finish her meal and cleared the table. He called out from the kitchen...
"You best show me to the fields and introduce me to Belly and Alister before the day becomes too old and I wont have the time to finish the task before the sun disappears from the sky"