Oddest "Election" ever

Moderator: Community Team

Dunstan

Oddest "Election" ever

Post by Dunstan »

Well, it seemed that the southern town was far different than expected. Mostly as a joke, the golden prince put in for their 'elections' with the platform of emptying the town hall. And then...proceeded to win the election by a 2:1 margin. However, upon being handed the keys to the office, he noticed how drastically everything had fallen into disrepair. Nothing like the books and histories in his lands told. He'd expected lucious fields of fruits unlike his home had ever seen, and a large well-stocked castle and towns. However, it was rather disappointing seeing the crumbling state.

While a couple of his servants kicked the fallen, dust-covered bookshelves out of the way and made a path for him, he shook his head. The once-proud capital had crumbled, storage areas collapsed to the point there wasn't even enough room to hold what they had in stock, and a corrupt administration that was steadily milking the town and its citizens for thousands of freznics every week. Where was the oversight from the Mayor, the Town Council, the entire Viceroyalty? Gross negligence at best...or would incompetence be best? As he mused the difference in semantics that likely led to the dilapidated conditions, he went and fired the entire staff, and prepared to change the locks to all the offices, and see who'd notice after an introduction mail. There was a reason he hated politics and left it to Janice, after all.
Dunstan

Re: Oddest "Election" ever

Post by Dunstan »

He'd made reports, and yet most of the council was silent. Most of the citizens were silent. Who watched the watchmen? He decided to post the town's results prior to his tenure on the board to let the citizens see what inaction was doing with a small note. "This is why your Town Hall needed to be emptied. Your current state you can't even handle the things you have. Guess I'm keeping my election promise. All that's been fixed now. But everyone is silent while under this crisis of leadership. Why is that? As you see, we're now heading the right direction, and making up the difference and losses before my time here. Please pay attention to the upgrade jobs, as we have need of blacksmiths, carpenters, and masons currently. Thank you."

Town Audit

Today's Numbers:
TypeRevenueExpensesBalance
Goods Sold372.50 372.50
Leveling0.00 372.50
Taxes Paid0.00 372.50
Patron0.00 372.50
Donations0.00 372.50
Flea Market Fees0.00 372.50
Flea Market Cost 0.00372.50
Purchases 0.00372.50
Wages 30.00342.50
Clerical 0.00342.50
Maintenance 0.00342.50
Corruption 0.00342.50
This Week's Numbers:
Goods Sold642.16 642.16
Leveling0.00 642.16
Taxes Paid0.00 642.16
Patron87.00 729.16
Donations0.00 729.16
Flea Market Fees0.00 729.16
Flea Market Cost 0.00729.16
Purchases 1419.00-689.84
Wages 244.00-933.84
Clerical 0.00-933.84
Maintenance 63.00-996.84
Corruption 625.61-1622.45
Last Week's Numbers:
Goods Sold73.85 73.85
Leveling0.00 73.85
Taxes Paid0.00 73.85
Patron147.00 220.85
Donations0.00 220.85
Flea Market Fees0.00 220.85
Flea Market Cost 0.00220.85
Purchases 0.00220.85
Wages 245.00-24.15
Clerical 55.55-79.70
Maintenance 60.00-139.70
Corruption 1091.65-1231.35
Dunstan

Post by Dunstan »

Finally, a response from the VR council had arrived, he thought, taking the letter that the staff told him was for Morjiana. Opening the letter, his hopes were quickly dashed that anyone had been paying attention to the chambers, to the town notices, or even to the mass mails that were sent out. He started to crumple the letter with a growl, yet instead decided to put it in the ledger as the first response from the Viceroy after the messages about the lost items and corruption that were running rampant after damage to the town hall.
VR request
Thu Aug 06, 1660
11:41 am

Dunstan,

If you see the opportunity, could you please try to get a bit more corn on the VR Faire? The VR's supplies are dwindling, and we could use a good lot. Mails to the entire town from mayors have sometimes been helpful with this in the past.

Regards,
Morjiana
What madness was this? Someone tells you they're struggling to stop item loss and that many things had gone missing, the treasuries were bleeding, and rather than any comment, your only response is not even to introduce yourself and offer aid, but to make requests of items from the town? Even better yet that, from a mayor who was elected on the campaign promise to empty the town hall, which none had even addressed. The audacity! He whipped up a reply, sending it back to her, and penning it into the ledger as well, rather irked at the entirety of the situation. A visit was definitely in order.
Dunstan

Post by Dunstan »

No response. Still. Why wasn't he more surprised? The king frowned over the paperwork, motioning to a couple of his guards, "Get things prepared. It's time to visit. Summon Dway, and contact the others."

He rose, slipping the vest on, fingers lightly tracing the embroidered eagles on the chest. "Time to fly."
Last edited by Dunstan on Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esmaralda

Post by Esmaralda »

We did respond to you: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13771&start=10
And what is this about you being a king and all? Perhaps you are confused about where you reside?

(Retracting the above statement as it was no good as RP)
Last edited by Esmaralda on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunstan

Post by Dunstan »

A response from one of the few people he'd actually credited with responding, but no response from the person who'd sent the letter and called herself Viceroy. With a faint smile, he turned to Esmaralda. "Oh, perhaps you're confused about who's in your town hall. I'm not of this country at all. And you, as a finance minister, have responded. As did the public prosecutor and a general counselor. None of whom know me from Bob, as evidenced by your comment about my status. Curiosity, who has told that I'm king? I've not listed any such title upon any documentation, merely used the mayor's seal that was in the office, nor have I spoken to most about such. So please, do enlighten me, oh wise counselor, who's claiming to be king of Bravia? Perhaps you are confused what you hear?

He knew his guards wouldn't have let such a thing drop, nor would his sister Shiva, especially with their distance. Now, curious as to where the finance minister was getting her information. This town really needed a lot more arena battles. There was something about battle that brought out truth from people. Or perhaps that was fear. Both seemed lacking with only quiet prevalent.

((OOC: Linking to a private mayor's chamber doesn't really show anything to most witnessing here. For much the same reasons he would've chosen previously not to detail all the things publically that he did initially there. Also such there was a public thread and the last was directed to Morjiana's letter last week about no response, FYI.))
Esmaralda

Post by Esmaralda »

(OOC: Ok. I am not sure what threads folks see and not see. Didn't realize the thread i posted was private. And you're right that i would not know anything about you being a king. I read the previous statement about the "king frowning" and took that as spoken word, but it was meant to be a private moment in your chambers. So I will retract my previous RP as it was no good indeed)
Esmaralda

Post by Esmaralda »

Esmaralda looked at Dunstan as she spoke:
"I know nothing of your past. I know that one day you simply showed up, from where i don't know and was elected mayor. I can't explain how, but it was a legal election, and the will of the people is law, so mayor you are."

She took a breath and the continued on: "It is my job to support and improve the status of this viceroyalty, and that includes supporting you as the mayor of Bravia. I have done this work now for the span of three councils. I started multiple programs to incentivize our craftsmen to produce items, chop wood, farm, grown animals, and improve their skills. I am quite proud of what the council has achieved in this VR. "

She paused and looked at him: "But I must say, your attitude towards those that have worked so hard to keep this viceroyalty growing is not a welcome one. If you are here to help this VR grown, then i will continue to support you. But if you're here to simply badmouth us, perhaps you should consider other vocations for your career path".

She looks him up and down as she frowns "As for you being king, that was a comment meant towards your attitude. In my experience, kings most often don't care about their people and hold themselves above the realm, claiming credit when it's actually the little people that do all the work and keep it going. I simply meant that you are acting like one, like a king. "

She stopped for a moment, thinking, then looked at him again: "You can be great you know. There was a problem in the town and I can see that you have taken strides towards addressing it. You could be a great mayor. I hope you choose to build bridges, and not burn them. After-all, no one can do anything on their own in this world. I hope we talk again in more pleasant circumstances."