[RP] Trial of Aengus

Moderator: Community Team

Aengus

[RP] Trial of Aengus

Post by Aengus »

(Mayor/Prosecutor)

Your honour Lunete of Bravia! I bring you Aengus who has revolted against the town hall of Paz and took the power. It is suspected he has completely looted the Town Hall!

It is the prosecutor's demand that Aengus reinstitutes the town hall, which is an estimated 100 Fz value stolen!
Aengus

Re: [RP] Trial of Aengus

Post by Aengus »

(Defendant)

Your honour Lunete. I admit I have revolted against the town hall of Paz! I took the power when the mayor was slacking in her job! I Aengus admit I have turned the town of Paz into the glorious town of Paz. I have not hurt the people of Paz. Instead I have benefited them! I have made sure that the militia gets a fair pay, not a meagre pay which means they have to hurt themselves to defend their town. I have ensured that prices are high enough for people to make a good profit on their fields!

If there is anything hurting the town of Paz it is the continuous revolts by citizens wishing to undermine my government! Weaklings that believe in democracy! Democracy that hurts the town, that puts incapable mayors in charge! Democracy that benefits short therm thinking instead of long term thinking. If we have democracy I swear at one time we shall have our world polluted so badly that it is incurable! Away with it! Long live the glorious town of Paz!

I have not stolen from the glorious town of Paz either! I have taken the goods of the town of Paz, I admit that. but I have done so to protect those goods from those that want to hurt the town, to keep them out of the hands of an incapable mayor!

I know people have been saying I am a tyrant your honour! But such is not true! When have I terrorized the people? What have I done to deserve that name? I admit, I do not grant the people of Paz the freedom to vote. But that is to protect themselves, I am more capable of making decisions for them, they would most likely choose an incapable mayor anyway.

Chimera has had two revolts against her, one by Toxic which I decided to stop only minutes before he had forced the door open. And the second time Chimera was attempting to pay the militia so little that they refused to work! I couldn't see the town of Paz falling to some wayward rampallian ample john! So I walked to the town hall to defend it, but then I realised I would do a much better job than Chimera. I looked and Chimera wasn't even defending the town hall herself! So I simply walked in and crowned myself mayor of the glorious town of the Paz! And since then the town has improved! Brownnose will be called as a witness to that!

Moreover I wish to point out that no law existed to protect the town of Paz, so I have committed no crime!

With this I rest my case.
Lunete

Post by Lunete »

I will allow for the witnesses to make their statements now, then I will ask the prosecutor and defendant to make a final statement, and then I will decide on the case.

Brownnose, please make your statement.
Last edited by Lunete on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brownnose247

Post by brownnose247 »

Brown Steps forward: I have seen the wonders that the town has had all from this man. With him in control I feel safe and well looked after.

Brown takes his seat.
Lunete

Post by Lunete »

No further witnesses? Anything further to add?
Aengus

Post by Aengus »

(prosecutor)

I...I...I uhm... I have no witnesses... and nothing to say... but that this man is guilty of the charges! I stay with a 100 pound fine to be paid to the town hall.
Aengus

Post by Aengus »

(defendant)

I am confident in my case, I rest.

My your honour make a wise decision.
Lunete

Post by Lunete »

After careful deliberation I decide that Aengus did indeed commit the acts he is charged with. He has revolted and took the power, and subsequently stole from the town hall, even though it appears to be with good intentions. I also see that the people seem to want him as mayor, not only shown here by Brownnose, but also by the fact that he has been mayor for 4 days already.

I have to agree with Aengus that there was no law against revolting nor stealing so he can't have committed any crime. but I'm declaring him guilty anyway and go with the prosecutor's demand and order Aengus to donate 100 Fzs to the Town Hall of Paz.

Lunete bangs her gavel!
Aengus

Post by Aengus »

(defendant)

This is a travesty of justice! There were no laws, I have committed no crime! I shall be going to the mages!
Zachrin

Post by Zachrin »

A courier arrives. He pulls his hood off and tapped the shoulder of Aengus. "Your attention will be required," he said motioning towards the town square.
This world is but just a canvas for our imagination - Henry David Thoreau