[ORP] THE BRAVIA FALL FESTIVAL APPLE BOBBING CHALLENGE

Where the people from the towns can meet and interact
Elisa

Re: [ORP] THE BRAVIA FALL FESTIVAL APPLE BOBBING CHALLENGE

Post by Elisa »

Elisa decided to have one more go at the apple bobbing, a last one, her face was just getting too wet

Code: Select all

You rolled 3 dice:

6 1 2

Timestamp: 2021-10-22 19:37:15 UTC
thanks to Aishe for the banner
Katie

Post by Katie »

"I will give a dice roll once more after today so if anyone wants to continue, come on and bob for apples! Remember 10 rolls only, please."

Yesterday's Secret Dice Roll was as follows: 2, 2, 2.... so here is how I solved it.
I paired 2 w/ 4, so... 6 w/ 3 and 5 w/ 1

2 or 4, roll of the dice = Juicy n Sweet (valued @ 1)
6 or 3 = Water Chomper (valued @ 0)
5 or 1 = Mushy n Rotten (valued @ 0)
banner by Aida j'Otun
Katie

Post by Katie »

"This last roll is not necessary since no one bobbed for apples."

"Thank you to all for playing and we will announce who the winner(s) was (were) by next week Saturday."

"Try your luck at some of the other games because you may be the big winner there!"

*NOTE* If you are a participant in this game who is also on the committee which sponsored this festival, should there be a tie in any form, you shall not participate in voting for the winner.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Katie

Post by Katie »

Ooc.... I am sorry to say I can not rp in the forums for probably the next 5 to 6 days. A lot has been going on that is unexpected. I have not forgotten all of you great people. I promise once I get over the few little crises in my world I will be back asap!

So please be patient until life settles back to normal for me. I at least can see a little daylight through these dark days, but it won't be sunshine for a little longer. Thank you for being patient a tad longer.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Katie

Post by Katie »

Ooc... My apologies to all. Two people close to me in real life underwent most serious surgeries which resulted in major rehab. I lived and stayed with one for a while and then a very similar surgery occurred with another so I was burning the candle from both ends! I have had one day off as of last Sunday afternoon through last Monday midday since RPing in this thread. But the two surgeries were surgeries which resulted in hospital stays prior to CoViD-not so today! So a lot fell on my shoulders when they were both sent home immediately following outpatient surgery. Medicine is not my field of study, but I have seen them both through their very serious surgeries and sure glad it is all behind me. They could NOT pay me enough to do what I did!! It was a very stressful and most serious job. My days and nights were even mixed up and I had no clue at times which day it was and definitely no clue of the date! So I felt their pains and burdens. I am so glad medicine is not my career!! Those people earn their pay!

Any way, I am looking forward to sharing with you the winners on Sunday around small reset.

Ic..... It is past time I announce who won what so I will get on it on Sunday aka tomorrow around small reset. Hooray!

My sincere apologies to all and thank you for playing..!
banner by Aida j'Otun
Katie

Post by Katie »

As I was tallying up the juicy n Sweet apple bobbers for each day, note two small issues that are easily resolvable.

1. Busy life Alexandria did not realize she bobbed twice on page 7 on a Saturday. So her last day she rped here in, I used her Saturday night bob for her 10th bob. Sad to say it resulted in zero points for her- nevertheless.

2. Next issue is that I should have rolled the dice the last time I entered to roll so that Tarlynn and Elisa's last rolls could be counted.

So the last roll is... as follows: 6 6 2... so here is how I solved it.

6 and 2 = Juicy n Sweet (valued @ 1)
All other apples are Mushy and Rotten or water chomping!

I can not recall what you two ladies rolled so I hope you were both fortunate enough to get a 6 or 2!

Ok... I have just reviewed your last rolls, ladies.

Tarlynn rolled 2, 5, 3 = 1 point
Elisa rolled 6 1 2 = 2 points.

Now here is what I tallied for each of the top participants randomly:
Foxeon 8 bobbings = 11 Juicy n Sweet Apples.
Tarlynn 8 bobbings = 6 Juicy n Sweet Apples
Elisa 7 bobbings = 7 Juicy n Sweet Apples
Freya 10 bobbings = 14 Juicy n Sweet Apples
Alexandria 10 bobbings = 7 Juicy n Sweet Apples

Go behind me to see if I accurately scored you correctly.

To all other participants, thank you for making this contest a fun one. Tarlynn and Utur the Troll from Knife and Fork, Bottle and Cork are the two RP winners.

So we have 4 winners. If I made a mistake in the top two apple bobbing winners, please let me know asap. We will state your gifts and or prizes within the next 36 hours.

All of you others are still winners any way. Come enjoy some of these Juicy Apples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I am ammending the errors above. Forgive me because I should have checked my tallying work over before posting. I sincerely apologize to all.

1. Elisa, you did bob 10 times with 10 points total for the Juicy n Sweet Apples gained.
2. Alexi bobbed 10 times with 8 points total.
3. Foxeon bobbed 9 times with 11 points total.
4. Tarlynn bobbed 10 times with 12 points total.
5. Freya bobbed 10 times with 15 points total.

The two big apple bobbing winners are Freya and Tarlynn.
The two big RP winners are Tarlynn and Utur.
All four winners shall receive your prizes no later than Wednesday at small reset. Thank you for playing!
We appreciate all other apple bobbers playing with us.
Last edited by Katie on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
banner by Aida j'Otun
Elisa

Post by Elisa »

I thought I had done 10 bobbings, do some of them not count?
thanks to Aishe for the banner
Katie

Post by Katie »

Elisa, my apology to you. You did bob 10 times and during my tallying.... OOC... I was interrupted 3 times due to phone calls coming in. I did NOT double check as I should have, but between tallying and the phone calls, both made me late for an event in real life. I have had too much happening due to life!

I wonder now if I messed up with everyone! I should check behind myself. Haha! My sincere apology. Let's tally your score, Elisa, and everyone elses. Thank you for calling it to my attention. For this reason, my apology to all and hence let's wait for this coming weekend for me to review all except for the two RP winners.

OOC... I am leaving to go out of town shortly and will not be back until Friday evening- Thanksgiving in America is a big big deal!

Again, due to this issue which Elisa called to my attention, let's hold off on declaring Freya and Foxeon the winners. *sighs* Sorry to every one that my life became so hectic since about the 10th of October! I will re calculate this this coming weekend. I really want to be fair to all bobbers. 👍
banner by Aida j'Otun
Katie

Post by Katie »

Please make note of the winners mentioned above in my amended post which is three posts above this one.

Thank you for playing, everyone. Sorry that life threw me several curve balls which caused such delays. But it was fun because all of you were fun!
banner by Aida j'Otun
Katie

Post by Katie »

I feel badly about Foxeon so just to give heads up to everyone, I am giving him a prize too. It is the right thing to do.

I really botched this all up, but I am making it right, everyone. ;)
banner by Aida j'Otun